What If

Encore Separation

BOOK 1 : Chapter 7

 

The school hall was filled with the murmurs and chatting of the students mixed with the ringing of the school bell. Students rushed along the hallway while talking about what almost every one is talking about.

5 girls walked along the hallway

"Omo, omo. I can't wait to hear Joo-seonsaengnim."

"Yah Hara, Seeing Hwanhee-seonsaengnim on stage is already enough for me! Right Gyuri unnie?"

"Just let her fantasize Nicole. How 'bout you Seungyeon, who is your bias among the teachers?"

"I bet Kangta-seonsaengnim will be awesome. Me and Jiyoung really like him. Right Maknae?"

"Neh, He just have this wonderful voice."

"I wonder how many students will join." Nicole looked up and back to her girls.

"Will the large group of boys we always see at the corner of the cafeteria join?" the other 4 girls knew what Seungyeon was talking about.

"The one who's always being with those girls." Hara asked to make sure they were all in the thought "They have a lot of handsome guys, Siwon & Donghae " she giggled.

"Handsome and talented, Just like Eunhyuk & Kyuhyun." Gyuri pointed out as a matter of fact.

"Girl's speaking of the guys look who's there." Jiyoung pointed at the lockers a few feet away in front of them. "He has a lot of girls drooling over him and yet he still wants to isolate himself with that girl." she angrily sighed as she shook her head as the 5 of them left to the cafeteria.

~_~_~

"Tiffany-ah" Tiffany unwillingly slammed her locker doors, startled by the voice who called her, softly yet to her it's alarming.

"Siwon-oppa, waeyo?" she plainly asked.

"Waeyo? Your asking me why I'm here?" He looked away in disbelief but quickly faced her back after a deep sighed. "Fany-ah, Me, confessing to you, it had affected the group too much. I don't want us putting boundaries to each other. I said I'd wait until your ready to answer but aren't you being a little too selfish keeping your thoughts about me to yourself." His voice was almost cracking in front of her.

Tiffany couldn't help but look at ground. She just could look at his sad face, she had to admit it's guilt, she was the cause of it after all. She's selfish that's partially true. She thought too much of Siwon being a strong guy and could handle anything thrown to him. Oh how wrong she was.

"So your just gonna stand there and say nothing?" Siwon grabbed her hand causing her to twitch a little. "Please give me an idea, at least a hint, on how you really feel right now."

Tiffany pulled her hands away but stepped closer to him and gave him a tight hug. Siwon took a second to unfroze his body and uncontrollably returning the hug although he was not quite sure what it really means.

"Mianhae oppa." was all Tiffany could say.

Siwon couldn't figure out what she meant by saying 'sorry'. Was she sorry for not accepting him sooner or was she apologizing to him because she didn't tell him direct to the point that she didn't like him more than a friend.

As he loosen his tight embrace, she let's him go and flashed a smile before leaving him alone.

~_~_~

Sunny was independently walking alone at the moment. Taeyeon, Yuri and Seohyun took off earlier because they said they have to go the library to return a book. She was with Tiffany but Tiffany stopped at her lockers to fix her things. Sunny asked her if she would OK walking by herself and Tiffany assured her then Sunny skipped away.

As her mind wonders off, a sight of a poster on the school bulletin board caught her attention. 

SM high singing competition

Written in big and colorful letters. Still she don't care if it was as plain as black and white, what matters is the content of it.

Her mind wondered off to a few memories.

A year ago......

Sungmin and Sunny was at the boys dorm and sitting together at the living room while their friends eat. As Sungmin finishes his piece Sunny clapped enthusiastically. "Sunny-ah if there will be a chance, will you sing with me while I play the guitar?"

Sunny was a bit taken back by his request "But oppa, I don't have a very great voice."

"What are you talking about?" Sungmin laughed not believing her statement "You might not have the best voice but you have a nice voice, enough to make me want to sing with you someday in front of many crowds. Wouldn't it be fun? So what do say?"

Sungmin held out his pinky finger and a not a second later Sunny intertwined it with hers "I promise oppa." Said with a bright smile across his face.

"Sunny-ah" as if her imagination came to life, Sungmin came running towards her. She stared at him with a blank expression in her face. Sungmin gazed at what she was looking earlier and looked at her with hope in his eyes "Sunny-remember what we talked about year ago. I was wonder-"

"Don't even think about it." He was quickly cut by her cold remark.

"Hajiman..." She was about to walk away but he grabbed her arms. She quickly pulls away but he won't let go. Fate was not in their side when Mr. Lee Sooman came towards them. Sungmin quickly lets her go.

"Well what do we have here?" Lee Sooman stated rather sarcastically with a hint of anger.

"Principal Lee, please excuse me I need to go somewhere urgent." Sungmin made a 90 degree bow and walked away.

"Some proposal he have." Sunny silently muttered.

"What was that Sunny?"

"Nothing uncle." She quickly shot back.

"So are you joining the contest?" Lee Sooman asked her niece with anticipation.

"Aniyo." She knew her uncle would object and ask her why so she took the initiative to explain "I don't want to join this early, I mean I'm still a freshmen right? Maybe some time in my later years here Ok uncle."

"OK Sunny... Go now, take your lunch break."

~_~_~

All the girls were finally complete at their bid round table with matching round bench round it and it's next to the boys.

"So you girls know about the singing competition already right?" Jessica asked them.

"Neh, Why did you asked?" Taeyeon openly questioned.

8 other girls looked at her with a surprised look then Taeyeon returned them with a confused look.

"Taeyeon-ah you of all the people should know what Sica is referring to." Tiffany whined.

"Neh Taeyeon, don't pretend like you have no idea what were thinking." Sunny added.

"What are you talking about?" Taeyeon looked down at her meal. She knew where their topic will go, she just chose not to know hoping that the girls will just shake the idea out of their heads.

"What they mean is that you should join." Kangin suddenly appeared and tapped her shoulder. She moved to her side giving him a space to sit on her left.

"What are you talking about oppa?" She said it annoyed but Kangin finds it cutely refusing to understand.

"Let me say it straightly." He placed his arms over the table and looked straightly at her "You, Join, THE SINGING CONTEST."

Taeyeon blew her bangs up and continued eating her meals as if she didn't heard anything. All the girls sighed giving up hope on pursuing Taeyeon to join the contest.

"Seriously Taeyeon." Leeteuk suddenly went to their table with Heechul and sat next to Taeyeon while Heechul decided to stand behind Jessica and play with her blonde hair. "Why wouldn't you join. You probably have a great voice and we all know that already."

"It's just that I'm....." Taeyeon pouted a little feeling uncomfortable with the atmosphere "...shy. Come on guys all of you know that there will be a huge crowd."

"I told you Leeteuk." Heechul smirked as he continues to play with Sica's hair. "I was right, neh. how 'bout you Jessica won't you join?"

"Don't even start with me Heechulie, you I'm too lazy to practice song." She actually got used to Heechul's weird actions and continued to eat her food normally while he twirls his hair.

"You see," Taeyeon softly hits the table. "If Jessica can decline just like that, Seohyun and Tiffany told me they were not interested to join at such an early year, why can't I say no?" She statement were like a bucket of water splashed over the three boys and the three of them looked away.

Taeyeon pumped her fist thinking she was victorious not until Leeteuk fired back. "But you should make yourself the role model for them. You must encourage them to be active in this kind of events as early as now."

Leeteuk took out his phone and started scrolling through his folder as the people around him watches his actions

"Taeyeon, Yesung too, he didn't want to join it at his first year here but I told him he must encourage his dongsaeng too in the future and you know what. After he joined he did very well in his performance." It seems he finally found what he was searching for and called the girls to move closer to him. "He even won the first place at solo category." he said his final statement and played Yesung's Final Performance .

When the video came to an end all the girls had a well satisfied expression.

"Woah, Yesung-oppa is really great." Yuri voiced out before she could even sit back at her place.

"I know unnie." Yoona had an amazed face as well. "I just realized he hasn't been messing with you around lately." Yuri just pinched Yoona's nose. "Ow unnie that hurts."

"OK we have a YoonYul moment here." Hyoyeon joked and the girls giggled.

"Wait Jessica will be jealous." Sooyoung continued the humorous atmosphere "Oh oh oh , Seohyun too neh?"

"Ok girls stop it before you earn a smack on the face by Jessica." Taeyeon managed to calm her girls.

"Unnie I'll just go the restroom and don't bother waiting for me, I'll go straight to my classroom." Yoona excused herself to the group and mysteriously walking away.

"Anyway back to business." Kangin started the topic again, this time with full of hopes. "Will you join Taeyeon?"

"Will you join?" Taeyeon unexpectedly returns the question.

"Neh we will join." Heechul confidently answered while massaging Jessica's shoulder.

"Hyung, we still haven't agreed on that yet." Kangin protested but Leeteuk thought what Heechul was doing. Heenim was trying to encourage Taeyeon more by informing her she will not join the contest alone.

"We will join too Kangin." Leeteuk said causing Kangin to panic and look at him in disbelief. "You, me, Heechul, and even if Sungmin is still not sure we will enter that contest with Shindong and Eunhyuk rapping at our side."

When Kangin gazed at Taeyeon he saw motivation around her and it looks like she's gaining confidence. "OK hyung we'll give our best. You too Taeyeon right?"

Taeyeon gave a warm smile at every single person around her and shyly nodded. Thus good luck to their official representatives.

~_~_~

As Yoona excused herself from the crowd and walked her feet to his lockers, she s her bag pack and pulled out another secret letter. With heavy footsteps she tried to relax herself and immerged in a conversation with her letter.

"Does Kibum know who sends you?" she pouts a little and sighed. "When do you think I can tell him huh?" She slides her letter inside the locker and clapped her hand when her mission completed. "Now on my way back to my classroom."

She slowly walks back looking at the group with the thoughts of him still fresh in her mind. She wonders how long will she do this or when can she do that.

Being in her on little world, she bumped into someone. "Ow, Mianhae" Yoona bowed at the person then eyes when wide when she saw his face.

"Ah Yoona gwenchanayo." Kibum smiled at her then he swiftly grabbed the piece of paper that fell out of his hands and hurriedly placed it in his backpack. Seeing a glimpse of the paper she was sure it wasn't from her. "hmm, he didn't visit his locker yet." She sighed in relief.

"Isn't it a little early walking her by yourself Yoona? Why aren't you with at others?" Yoona's mouth went opened by his questions. She absolutely can't tell him she went to his locker to send a heart-filled letter.

"You too why are you by yourself?" She smartly asked backed.

"Well I was informed early that I should drop by the principal's office. You?" once again panic arises Yoona. She hates that she can't think of an excuse at moment because she's too nervous next to him right now.

"HEY!" Being saved by Donghae shouting at them, she greeted him and his company Eunhyuk to divert Kibum's attention.

"Donghae-oppa, Eunhyuk-oppa you left the cafeteria early too." she said with a smile with hidden appreciation.

"Neh We have to." Donghae hits Hyuk's head. "This little monkey said he didn't have a MATH homework and he will copy mine so we need to get there early."

"Hey that's cheating." Kibum pointed at Eunhyuk but the dancing machine just defensively shook his head.

"Wait rather than just copying the whole homework why don't you just let someone teach it you so you can understand it." Yoona suggested.

"Yeah Hyuk I worked hard on mine, do some effort on yours too." Donghae added while crossing his shoulder.

"OK then come on." Yoona cheerfully skipped away.

"I'm don't want to torture my brain." He slightly frowned "Then I'll just cut classes."

"Oppa" Yoona stopped for a moment  "Did you know Hyoyeon unnie just texted me and told she and the girls are already there and she is doing good at MATH." She then continued walking to the her classroom while Donghae and Kibum smirked at each other then followed Yoona's trail. Not long ago before they caught Eunhyuk walking in fast pace and they started to laugh.

~_~_~

Eunhyuk peeks at the window in his classroom and Yoona was telling the truth. Only Sooyoung, Jessica & of course Hyoyeon are the only ones in the room.

"Hyung!" Eunhyuk slightly screamed and slammed his hand on the door causing the people inside to look at them. Hyuk looked at who the person who startled him and looked back the door. His heart skipped at beat out of the girls who smiled and waved, Hyoyeon was the only one he saw then he nervously waved and smiled back. As he faced Ryeowook he almost punched his face but Yesung grabbed his hand.

"Yah hyukkie-ah I asked Ryeowook to do that for me." Yesung laughed maniacally.

"Come on Ryeowook." Hyuk nudged him. "Come inside before you get infected by him."

"Mwo?!" Yesung was about to object but Eunhyuk slammed the door in front of him.

Hyuk went to his seat and unsure how to voice out what he was planning earlier. "What's taking them so long."

He was taking out his MATH notebook and pen when Hyoyeon suddenly giggled next to him, looking at her phone.

"Wae-Waeyo?" Eunhyuk asked nervously.

Hyoyeon kept giggling as she showed him the contents of the message she got from Yoona.

~ Unnie, Eunhyuk doesn't have a homework at MATH and wants you to teach him but I bet he can't even ask you in person so I texted you : )

Eunhyuk's eyes widen as he reads the text. "Aniyo I can do it myself." he shook his head.

"Are sure you can finish it before the teacher arrives?" Hyoyeon chuckled at his actions. Hyuk looked at her almost pointing out if it's fine with her. "Come on let's start?"

Eunhyuk sighed before moving his chair closer to her.

~_~_~

"Oppa..." Sooyoung whispered at Ryeowook who reading some of his notes.

"Neh?" She motioned him to move closer so they are to only one who can hear each other.

"Do you think something is going on between Hyo & Hyuk?"

"What are you talking about?" Ryewook confusedly looked at the two and back at Sooyoung. "They look normal."

Suddenly the door swung open revealing Yoona rushing to go inside to get away from Donghae who was tickling her and Kibum who was chuckling behind.

"Everything seems to be normal but why do I get the feeling the girls are going somewhere from here." Sooyoung kept her thoughts to herself and read her own notes.

It was not long until Hyuk finally finished his work on time just as the classroom started to be filled with students then the teacher came in.

~_~_~

Seohyun was seriously taking notes as their teacher teaches them a lecture when Someone taps her shoulder.

"Your pen....I..ah....I have one already, Kamsahamnida." Kyuhyun gave her keroro pen and she smiled at him. She was about to return to her business but Kyuhyun spoke again. "Ah...Seohyun-ah...about the singing contest..."

"Neh?" She literally stared blankly at him causing him to look away. He nervously fixs his hair then began to spoke yet again.

"Is Taeyeon the only one joining...aren't you....." He purposely cuts his sentence and awaits her respond.

"Mwoyo?" He sighed. Seohyun is really does have no idea on what he was asking her.

"Aren't you gonna join?" She looked back at her notes and shakes her head. "Waeyo?" He felt like he lost a battle knowing that she really won't even try to join.

"I want to focus on my studies for now." Seohyun quickly flashed a smile at him then continued to take down notes again.

"Araso...." He clicked his tongue and proceeded to write down notes too but he still noted that he is not defeated yet and his mission is not over. Curse video games for giving him that idea.

~_~_~

Time to go home so the girls happily greeted each other when they reunited at hall. They rode the bus and chatted on how their days went off.

The girls,

Would tease Sooyoung and Taeyeon about how lucky they are to have their namjachingu but the two of them just shakes it off

Asks Yuri if she misses being bullied by Yesung but she always insist that she's even fine without being disturbed by him

Interrogate Yoona and Hyoyeon about what's really going on or their current relationship status but they just answer the same thing over and over again because nobody knows about Yoona's secret habit but herself and Hyoyeon still sticks up being 'friends' with Hyukkie.

Questions their maknae on how she's doing and is anything 'special' around her but Seohyun is still immerged in her studies to understand what their pertaining to

Checks how Sunny and Tiffany is feeling at the moment but the two strongly denies and say their fine to shove off their worries.

All in all school seems to be more interesting as the contest starts and tomorrow they scheduled Taeyeon to audition the same time with the boys.

 

Firstly the song What if by SuJu KRY ft. Sungmin was a really great help to me this chapter...... OK so my author responsibility is killing me so I made a little boring update here. 

I also wasn't planning on putting KARA in tha story nor did I plan on making a cameo on this chapter but, yeah I just randomly thought of it and am I doing fine in featuring your bias couple? Answer me neh? Anyways Please and Thank You