You Are a Good Boy

Dog Life

It was a beautiful Sunday, the day when Hyukjae was usually going to buy food for the week. Donghae was, again, awake before him, waiting for his friend to wake up. He was whispering to his stuffed dog, softly so he wouldn't wake Hyuk up. Things were going so well, he had almost forgot the voice had talked about a price to pay. What was it, he wondered. He probably should've ask before he accepted to live more. The concept of love was what made him remember. The happiness of love was worth the pain, was it the same thing with what he had done? His happiness, was it worth any kind of pain?

 

Sounds came from the bedroom. He hugged his plushie and sat.

 

-Good morning, Donghae!

-Good morning, Eunhyuk! Did you sleep well?

-Yes, and you?

-Always!

 

He had a big smile, his toy in his arms. Hyuk smiled and prepared breakfeast. He served it when the phone started to ring.

 

-Sorry, I will answer that, said the dancer.

-No problem!

 

He got up and took the phone. The person on the onther line seemed to be a friend of his since he was happy and laughing. His voice then turned more serious, said something about the other person coming over, said ''Goodbye!'' and hung up. He then came back at the table, smiling.

 

-Can you go and get the groceries? I have the list of things to get on the counter, I had to take care of something.

-Yah, no problem!

 

Donghae finished his plate and put it on the counter, taking the list with him in the same time. Eunhyuk finished his not long after and then explained the list more precisely. He then patted his head and said, with a smile :

 

-You are really a good boy, Donghae.

 

He went to his room and get dressed. Donghae had frozen, then blushed. He was so happy, even this word wasn't powerful enough to say how he felt. He was...that feeling was so hard to explain...His face lighted up as he took his coat and his wallet. He shouted ''I'm going now! Bye!'' to his friend and got out, frolic.

 

He came back almost an hour later with all the bags, still happy and got to the door. Voices from the other side stopped him from pening the door. It was Eunhyuk and Heechul, he knew those voices well.

 

-I don't know...

-It would be best for him to go, Hyukjae. He has been living long enough and he can take care of himself.

-I...

-Don't say it again, I'm warning you. You will regret it if you don't do so. He should leave, it is the best for both of you.

-I...I guess you're right, Heechul...Maybe Donghae should go...

 

He could feel his heart being crushed. Hyuk...Hyuk didn't want him anymore? Was he a bother? What did he do wrong? Tears started to fill his eyes. It was so...painful, he couldn't stop crying. He didn't make a sound. He put the groceries on the floor and ran off. He didn't want to leave Hyukjae, but if he didn't want him anymore, then he would be gone. The last thing he wanted was to be a bother to them.

 

He ran and ran, without knowing where he was anymore. He felt so sad, there was so much pain in his heart, it was unbearable. Was this the price to pain? His heart needed to be broken again, but in such a worst way than when his master left him in this alleyway so long ago? It felt like forever since that day, and this pain was worst, but in a twisted way, so worth it.

 

He find himself in the alleyway next to the building, where Eunhyuk found him as a dog and as a man. He sat down, tears running down his cheeks. He hid his face and cried silently. This was just like when his master left him, but he was able to show his sadness.