What's love?

Dog Life

Donghae saw Eunhyuk's friends a lot more after their first meeting. They taught him to dance and sing, after accidently hearing him sing a popular song he always heard at the radio. He became more and more used to the human world, even if he still didn't understand from time to time what was going on. On one of their day off, the guys invited them to go out and spend some time in town.

 

It was a beautiful sunny day of fall, the trees were colorful, the time wasn't to hot or to cold, just perfect to go out on the streets and have fun. Donghae and Eunhyuk had been living together for a little more than a month, now, and Donghae was working as a singer for a big entertainment compagnie with his friends. The studio was still opened, but they were earning way more than before. This life was exciting!

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae met the guys in front of a shopping mall. Leeteuk went forward to meet them while Sungmin and Heechul stayed a little behind, waving and smiling. Heechul waited for the guys to come closer before shouting at Donghae :

 

-You practice, right?

-I did, Heechul, a lot.

-He was dancing a lot in the apartment and singing in the shower, said Eunhyuk. This was funny to see!

-Let's go before the arcade is full, said happily Sungmin. I want to get the cutest plushies!

 

He took Heechul's hand and pulled him with him, almost running toward the arcade. Leeteuk walked with the dancer and the dog.

 

-They are so cute together!

-I know, Leeteuk! It makes me almost jealous to see them, I wish I had someone like that.

 

The face of Donghae made them understand he didn't know what was going on at all.

 

-Oh right, you didn't know! Heechul and Sungmin are going out together, as a couple.

 

Eunhyuk smiled then laught. Donghae didn't seems to understand more.

 

-They are in love with each other!

-What...is love?

 

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk looked at each other, surprise he didn't know something like love. Well...he was found , they should be so surprise he didn't know many things. Leeteuk looked at the dancer with a smile.

 

-Alright...Love is...It is what you feel when someone is really important to you.

-You are important to me, Eunhyuk.

-I mean...

 

Eunhyuk looked away; Leeteuk was laughing. He continued to explain what love was to Donghae.

 

-It is when one person is so important to you that you would do anything for this person, and anything to be with that person. It is more than friendship, it can be so more beautiful and so much more painful when all ends.I guess you can really understand what love is when you are face to face with it.

-Why do people fall in love if they can get hurt?

-Because it is worth it.

 

Donghae stayed silent. He didn't understand why they would let themself be hurt.

 

-Like Leeteuk say, love is known by everyone, but a really hard concept to explain to it full extent.

 

Donghae nodded. He didn't understand fully, but it was enough for now. So Heechul and Sungmin were in love...maybe if he looked at them, he would understand better than just with words. They caught up with them, the lovely couple was playing with a machine full of plushies, like Sungmin called them, Heechul trying to beat the machin to get the cutest on for his lover. He didn't get the one he wanted, which made him a little sad, but Sungmin hugged him and thanked him for the wonderful gift. Heechul blushed, turning his head fast enough so nobody would see. Donghae had the time to catch sight of is reaction. He was seeing, but also somehow feel their love. He looked at Eunhyuk.

 

-Can I try?

-Of course, it is your money you're spending!

 

He smiled and got on the machine. The other went to other games, except Heechul who was cheering for him to get the plushie he wanted for his lover. He got only a little brown dog.

 

After the arcade, they went in a restaurant and stayed there until dusk. The group splited up and went in different direction.

 

-I had a great day, Eunhyuk!

 

Donghae had the plushie in his arm, squeezing it gently. It was soft. It somehow reminded him of what he was before and how lucky he was to still be alive.

 

-Did you have a good one?

-I did, Donghae, and I'm happy you did too.

 

He smiled. Somehow, this smile was different, but he didn't pay attention to it. The man smiled back.

 

-Next time, I will get you one too!

-You don't have to...

-I know, I just want to. I can't thank you enough for all you did for me, I am so happy I met you!

 

Hyukjae looked away.

 

-Is there something wrong?

-No, no...Let's just go home and go to sleep, we have to get up early tomorrow!