The Beginning

Dog Life

There was that stray dog. A big mixed blood dog sleeping in a small alleyway between the public school and a big rental building composed of offices and studios. This big dog was abandoned by his master a year ago. He survived by eating up garbage and drinking rain water and whatever it could find. Nobody cared about him and that was why that beautiful sunny day of summer, he decided he would die. He laid on his side, closed his eyes and waited.

 

-Hello you!

 

The dog opened his eyes. There was a human next to him, now, kneeling beside him. The human his brown fur, gentle. He smiled and placed some food in front of him.

 

-You are probably hungry, aren't you? You want some strawberries?

 

The dog moved slowly, taking the food. The human search in his bag and took out a bottle of water, giving the dog some. The dog only look at the nice human then drank. He sat and looked at the human with hope. The human only smiled, stoke his fur again and left, going towards the big building. The dog stayed there, happy.

 

This human came often, giving him more food and water, but the dog was old and in a bad condition, the pet knew he would die soon. He didn't want to die yet, not after someone finally cared about him. He was to weak to move now, he didn't have any strength left. It was then that a strange voice came out of nowhere.

 

-Do you want to live?

 

He understood the voice. Was it another dog?

 

-I would like to.

-For the sake of this human?

-...Yes.

-I can make you live, but you will have to give something in return.

-...What?...I don't care, just make me live more to see this human again.

-Don't you want to know what you will have to pay?

 

The dog stay silent. He was so sleepy...It was so hard to stay alive.

 

-I don't care. I just want to live.

-As you wish.

 

The dog fell asleep, wishing he could live long enough to see that kind human again.