♫ How to Love

Read: Music
"How to love, how special are we?
How to love, I still don’t know how to love"
 
"Good morning.
 
This is the President of CUBE Academy Student Council speaking.
Today, 25 August 2013, the Student Council has decided to announce about a new activity we never had before.
 
We believe that everyone here, in CUBE Academy, has something they hold only to themselves, not telling their stories and thoughts to others, perhaps thinking that it's not important or just doesn't know how to tell it.
 
So, today, we ask your participation in this simple but meaningful event.
 
Write a letter.
 
Be it short or long. Write it on a plain paper or type it with a word processor if you want to. Put it in a simple envelope or a beautiful one.
 
Write down whatever you want to say to someone in CUBE Academy. Put their names on the envelope and, in case you're wondering, it's alright if you don't give out your name in the letter.
 
It's alright if you want to give it to your senior, classmate, junior, lecturers, or staffs. You have all the freedom to lash out your frustration, confessions, or gratitudes there.
 
Just remember, if you receive letter of anger, take it with a good heart. Never ever hate anyone because of the anonymous letter because it's not the point of this activity.
 
Put your letters in the box we have prepared in the Academy Hall before six today and we assure you that every letter will be received by the recipients.
 
Thank you."
 
"This isn’t a test, why do we keep trying to critique and give each other a score?
Are blood types even important for having similar tastes? I don’t know
Just love, it’s not artificial
It’s being attracted by natural feelings
It’s like being pulled to each other like magnets, isn’t it?
The moment you start to calculate, it becomes a fake"
 
"Yoon Doojoon.
 
The top captain of CUBE Academy Soccer Club. The man who loves the soccer more than everything else. Someone who has the will to spend his weekends on the soccer field instead of going out for movies with his girlfriend.
 
I don't know why I'm writing this letter but, I guess, I just want to tell you the words I never said to you.
 
Ever since our relationship started, none of the existing love compabilities ever gave us a good result. Blood types, zodiac signs, birth dates, tarot cards. Nothing.
 
Why? Are we not blessed by the universe? Why couldn't the world just make me happy for a moment with 100% result?
 
You never care about it. You don't want me to even think about it. I am annoyed with the fact that you don't want to think about it because it seems like you don't care about me too.
 
Now I wonder why I let my eyes fell on you for the first time. Is it because of your smile whenever you scored a goal? Is it because you always thanked me when I gave you the towel after the match? Is it because you never called me as 'soccer club manager' like the other boys? Or maybe it's just all of them as one reason?
 
But, you know, Doojoon?
 
I never said these words directly to you because I know you care for me. I know you believe that none of the calculation can't change our feelings towards each other. I know you know that I will always love you more than everything.
 
Just like what you said before, it's not how many scores we make that matters.
 
Because, I know, you always win my heart.
 
With love,
a girlfriend who loves her boyfriend who loves the soccer too much."
 
"Love, not just a meaningless relationship
If this is just to take up time, I won’t do it
If there’s time to calculate and put together this and that
I want to look at your eyes once more and smile
I would like to just look at you,
Just spend time with you
Even if it doesn’t give us anything"
 
"To Jang Hyunseung,
 
I don't like writing letters but you can just throw this letter away if you don't like reading it either.
 
I'll make it short, okay?
 
Look, no matter what people think about how weird you are, that you are being arrogant and all, don't listen to them. They're just jealous of you because none of them can be like you.
 
I saw your first musical drama and, I know my intuition was right, you're a genius and that's final.
 
You don't need to believe me, especially because I will never say these nice words to you directly but, seriously, have a little confidence, will you?
 
It irks me how you always be awkward whenever your seniors are around. You're good the way you are.
 
I'm not writing this just to pretend as a good girl. I won't do it if it's a meaningless letter. It may not give us anything but, just so you know, this is my first handwritten letter.
 
Show the world that you're the one and only Jang Hyunseung and, remember, no matter what they say, I will always believe in you, your talent, and your everything.
 
Next time when you see me, look at my eyes confidently and smile.
 
Have a little faith.
 
From a senior who loves the drama musical as much as you do."
 
"Woo, baby, tell me, how to love
Open up your closed heart
Empty the thoughts filled in your head
How to love
It’s okay if the scars are still there
Because we’ll be happy the moment we love"
 
"YJH.
 
Are you doing fine now? I know you do and I know you're not expecting a letter from me.
 
Lately the rain keeps pouring so I hope you always bring the umbrella with you. The rain is never friendly with your health. Always remember to take some vitamins in the morning.
 
I don't know if you will read this letter until the end but, as I write these words, I can't help to think what kind of thought you have in mind.
 
Angry? Sad? Disappointed? Confused?
 
Maybe you're angry because I'm not supposed to remind you of our past. Maybe you're sad because I make you remember what you don't want to think of. Maybe you're disappointed because I'm a cruel girl. Or maybe you're confused because I'm supposed to write a letter for someone else.
 
When I heard the announcement of this event, you are the only name which crossed my mind so, here I am, writing you a letter with all sincerity.
 
During our times together, I never wrote a letter for you. Strange how now, when we're not a couple anymore, I'm actually doing it for you.
 
Junhyung, I'm alright now. I'm happy with him and it's not because you're a bad person. You're not a mistake in my life. You're irreplaceable in my life.
 
Stop closing your heart from the world. Stop thinking that you're nothing good. Stop blaming yourself.
 
It's okay if the scars are still there because my scar doesn't disappear either here. Because I'm happy whenever I remember of the moments we love.
 
Will you please love again?
 
You don't need to promise me. You don't need to believe in me. You don't need to be good with me if you don't want to.
 
But, Junhyung, you should never forget how to love sincerely.
 
Love yourself as the first step.
 
Sincerely with love,
someone from your past that you might want to forget."
 
"How to love, love, love, love, love, love, love
I love you but sometimes I think of breaking up
Without even knowing everything about each other
How to love, love, love, love, love, love, love
I will slowly try to fit in with you more
So that we can walk to the same place
How to love"
 
"Yang. Yo. Seob.
 
Are you surprised to receive this letter? I hope you do because it's my first love letter. Ah, is this even considered as a love letter? What am I saying here?
 
Last month when you asked me to be your girlfriend, I felt like my world was a dream. I was just a common first year student and you're the successful third year student.
 
To be honest, a part of me accepted your feeling because you're just the perfect boyfriend every girl could ask for. Your cuteness, your beautiful voice, your smart brain. Everything.
 
Ironically they're also the reasons why I keep arguing with you. You're perfect and I'm not. Everyone loves you but no one even gives a blink of me. You always know what to do in your life but I don't. You're always good in everything and I'm good for nothing.
 
I hate how I can't be as good as you. It's like we're two worlds apart and we're never destined to be one.
 
I love you but I keep saying the 'break up' word. I don't even know everything about you but I keep being so selfish that sometimes I wonder if you're going to give up on me one day.
 
Tell me, Yoseob Oppa, how to give you all the love I can? I'm so childish that I don't even know how to love you the way you love me.
 
I want to be a girl who can make you proud. I want to be a girlfriend who can make you smile with my success record. I will try to be perfect for you so we can walk together to the same place.
 
I know you'll say that I don't need to be perfect but... Yoseob Oppa, don't you think you're too good for me?
 
Ah... I don't know what to write anymore.
 
Thank you. Thank you, Oppa.
 
- PKR"
 
"I met other people beside you but every time, as if it’s natural, I went through a break up
I thought something like love would never come again
But you came to me, you appeared before me"
 
"Dear Lee Gikwang,
 
I'm sorry that I type this instead of write it by myself. I just don't want you to know who I am for a really good reason.
 
With this letter, I just want to thank you. You might not remember but you have saved me from the darkness of life. This sounds ridiculous, right?
 
You don't need to do a heroic act like saving me from a car accident. I believe you don't even know my name even though we were regulars for this one particular dance studio which is close to your house.
 
I'm not really good in dancing. I always want to be a professional dancer but people around me always say that I can't be one.
 
Some said I'm just a nerd with thick-rimmed glasses. I don't have the slim and good body line. I'm not as pretty as your girlfriend. I don't have the charisma like you do.
 
Then, one day, you were practicing by yourself, not even realizing that I was in the same dance studio with you. It surprised me when you suddenly noticed my presence and asked me to be your dance partner.
 
It's just that one day but you told me that I could be a really good dancer if I practiced more.
 
Weeks later, I accidentally heard you talked to your girlfriend, about a girl who practiced with you. It's me. You didn't remember my name, you said, but you told her that you would love to practice with me again because I was really good.
 
I am so happy because, when you talked to her, you had a sincere smile and, I know, you're not lying or just trying to be nice.
 
As for now, I don't go to the dance studio anymore. I have cut my hair. I'm practicing everyday to be a better dancer so, one day, I can be standing in front of you as your real dance partner.
 
Oh, anyway, I'm not a stalker. You can rest assure about that possibility.
 
Me,
Your number 1 fan."
 
"That is why I don’t want to lose you, yeah
I hope there’s no end to this path that we’re walking on
I want you to give me that same kind of trust
Stop thinking about other things, Being happy makes us busy enough"
 
"This letter is written to the one and only Son Dongwoon, the Vice President of CUBE Academy Student Council.
 
Don't comment my bad handwriting because I know it's not as neat as yours. Just try to read this letter slowly, will you?
 
Of all students, lecturers, and staffs in CUBE Academy, I actually write a letter for you. Why? I wonder why. I even wonder if I hold this event just so you can read this letter.
 
First of all, I'm not a perfect girl like what you always think I am. I'm not even close to perfect.
 
I never take the first position in school exam like you do. I never win any sport competition like our treasurer do. I never understand beauty stuffs like our secretary do.
 
My handwriting is bad. I can't play musical instruments. I can't be friendly with new people. All I know is just sophisticated vocabulary from many books I collect in my room.
 
Maybe I'm the President but that's all I have. A title of the highest rank among the students but that doesn't mean I'm perfect.
 
The next sentence I write might surprise you. 
 
I like you a lot, Son Dongwoon.
 
Not just as a partner in work who understands the pile of tasks. Not just as a friend who shares the same birthday with you. Not just as a girl who likes reading books like you do.
 
You really don't need to respond to my random confession but I just don't want to lose you. As a friend, a partner, a crush. I just want to walk on this path of life with you as a companion for now, not even knowing where it can lead us because, maybe, we'll just end up as friends.
 
I just want to tell you that.
 
Hopefully this letter doesn't make our friendship becomes awkward. We're professionals, right? Don't think too much. Just be happy with your life because I'm doing that and, well, aren't we busy enough with that?
 
P.S.: none of the words I wrote above is a lie.
 
Written by the 11th President of CUBE Academy Student Council"
 
"It’s still so hard, this thing called love"
 
"Good afternoon.
 
This is the President of CUBE Academy Student Council speaking.
 
I just want to thank everyone personally for participating in the event today. We are trying to sort all of your letters and, tomorrow morning, you will receive letters with your names as the recipients in lockers.
 
With this announcement, I just want to share that this activity has a really simple objective.
 
It's hard to be honest with our feeling. It's hard to tell everyone directly.
 
It's difficult but it's not impossible. That's what I believe in.
 
Thank you once again for participating with your letters."
 
"How to love, what do you think of me?"
 
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
 
This story is based on "How to Love" by BEAST
 
I know it's kind of random with no name and all but, hopefully, you can understand it(?). Drop your questions about this chapter if you find it's too confusing.