♫ My My

Read: Music
"MY MY MY You’re MY
MY MY MY You’re MY"
 
I open the door with full strength, surprising everyone in the study room. Their eyes fall on me who is trying to catch my breath but I care about none of them.
 
"Where is he?" I step inside and sweep the whole room in a single glance. "They said he's here... Aigoo!"
 
I look out through the window, still ignoring people who want to figure out what I'm doing. I don't see him anywhere outside as well.
 
"Looking for me?"
 
He whispers just right next to my ear. I flinch a little before taking steps away from him, covering both of my ears. Heat creeps to my cheeks and blood rushes to my brain in abnormal speed.
 
"What?" he teases with a confident smirk, tucking his hands to pockets.
 
I open my mouth, close it again, open it to say something, but end up closing it again because words are stuck in my throat. How does he expect me to say anything when he was only inches away from my face just now?!
 
"You're looking for me, right?" he tilts his head slightly, studying my expression carefully. "Now you're not going to say anything, Hina?"
 
"I...," I clear my throat by stop immediately when he takes steps forward to me. "Yah! Stay where you are! Don't come any closer!"
 
He freezes, raising his eyebrow in confusion, "I don't understand you. You always look for me every Monday and Friday just to tell me to go away? Seriously, Hina?"
 
He doesn't need to say that out loud. Even after three weeks chasing after him on the first and last day in the week of college, I still don't understand myself who loses words when we meet.
 
What is this feeling?
 
"You know...," while I'm deep in my thought, he has stood right in front of me now. He reaches out his hand to touch my hair, trailing it with his fingers and brings it to his lips. "Your face is really red, My Princess."
 
Without saying another word, I dash out from the study room in a flash.
 
I stop at the door and turn around just to throw a quick tantrum at him before leaving away.
 
"Lee Howon, you're an idiot!"
 
"Things that I couldn’t tell you
My heart that trembles in front of you
It’s because I like you so much"
 
Our university is really well known for the annual festival because of the theme. This year we are going with 'amusement park' and, as one of the crews, I'm responsible for the performers.
 
We held voting for all students to choose who will represent the university this year just like our tradition. A name is chosen and I must persuade and help him to prepare for the day.
 
Lee Howon.
 
He goes with Hoya as his nickname. Well known as one of the top students who has great skill in dancing, almost all students, male and female, know him. That's why they selected him to perform this year.
 
The voting has ended three weeks ago and I should have told him right away. I managed to find excuses everyday but the President of student organization doesn't buy my alibi anymore.
 
How could I tell him that I couldn't tell what I wanted to say when Hoya was in front of me? How could he understand that my heart never beats properly when Hoya smiles?
 
Is it because...
 
...I like Hoya?
 
"I think about you all day again
This isn’t the first or twice
You really wouldn’t know, oh really"
 
"Hina," Sunggyu, the President, hits my head lightly with a paper. "Have you told Hoya? Our festival is only one month away. What held you back, Hina?"
 
"N-Nothing," I straighten my back, avoiding his gaze, pretending that I'm watching the basketball game when I'm not. "I-I'll talk with him next Monday."
 
Sunggyu crosses his arms and puts a serious expression, "Next Monday or I'm going to switch you as the MC on final day."
 
"I'm the MC for opening stage already!" I complaint but Sunggyu ignores me, warning me that he will really do it if I don't report to him about Hoya's acceptance as performer on Monday.
 
Without Sunggyu, Hoya is already in my mind.
 
It's like a habit nowadays. When I look anywhere, I actually think that he will be around for no reason.
 
"Aigoo, Hina!" I mess my own hair with frustration. "What are you thinking?! No one should know! No one... He won't know anyway..."
 
It should be so.
 
"I can’t speak right now cause I’m so nervous
This feeling (MY MY)
Right now (MY MY)
What do I do with my trembling heart?"
 
Another Monday and, here I am, standing in front of the dance practice room where Hoya is in right now. I take a deep breath, calming myself down because I really need to tell Hoya about the voting result today.
 
"It's okay, Hina," I speak to no one. "Just say that everyone voted for you. Congratulations. Come to meeting room this Friday for details. And it's all good. Just that."
 
I open the door swiftly but I stunt on my feet. My eyes widen as I see Hoya dancing with sharp moves, moving through the rhythm. He is so into the music that he doesn't notice my presence.
 
Until five seconds.
 
"Hina?" he stops and wipes his sweat with back of his hand. His lips turn into a smile as he asks, "Care to say something now since it's Monday again?"
 
Say it, Hina!
 
"Congratsforwinningthevotes! ComethisThursdaytomeetingroom!" I say it without a second to stop. Then I turn my heels and rush to anywhere, far enough from Hoya to hide my blushed cheeks.
 
At least I said it.
 
But why do I feel that something is wrong?
 
Maybe it's just my feeling.
 
"The day I first saw you
The day the first snow fell
I was so nervous like the white snow"
 
It's the first day of snow when I saw Hoya. He was standing on the basketball field, doing nothing but look up at the sky. He closed his eyes as if he's enjoying the snowflakes.
 
For minutes I only stood there, wondering what he's doing alone. He realized that I was looking at him and, to my surprise, he approached me.
 
I thought he would scold me for looking at him with strange look but he actually swept the snow on my hair with his hand, smiling brightly, "There you go."
 
"Are you waiting for someone?" he asked me a question that made me frowned. Was he trying to flirt with me? "You'll get cold if you just keep standing here."
 
As if it's not enough to surprise me, he took of his scarf and put it around my neck, "I need to go now but at least this can warm you even just for a bit."
 
Hoya patted my head gently twice before leaving me with rapid heartbeat, "Take care, Princess."
 
"Wondering if I’ll run into you
What do I do with my heart that is trembling by just the thought of it?"
 
Since that day, whenever I saw him even from faraway, my heart skipped a beat. As each day passed, things were going out of my control.
 
The urge of wanting to see him, the butterflies dancing in my stomach when he smiled at me, the happiness in my chest just because our eyes met.
 
Even just thinking that I would meet him today is enough to make my heart flutter.
 
When I was assigned to be the one who responsible of him through the festival, I actually felt really, really happy that I needed to stop myself from smiling like a lunatic.
 
But why did when I meet him, I just couldn't think straight?
 
Does love change people like this?
 
"I really don’t know what love is
This feeling (MY MY)
Right now (MY MY)
What do I do with my trembling heart?"
 
Hoya is not my first crush but I never experienced this before; to have thousands of words in mind but lose all of them in instant when I meet him, to think of him all day and night long, to have the feeling of happiness just because of his smile.
 
After my first meeting with him, I actually found out that Hoya is nice to everyone and that's why he is famous. He is cheerful and treats everyone gently.
 
I came to a conclusion that I am just another person in her life who happened to receive his warm kindness on that snowy day.
 
Just that.
 
But it doesn't help me. Even after I knew that, this feeling towards him doesn't change.
 
I really fall in love for him. Fall hard.
 
"What if my heart gets caught in front of you?
My heart flutters when I see you
I want to come to you one step at a time
I’m gonna show you my heart right now
Oh Oh Baby"
 
One of my biggest fears nowadays is that Hoya would find out that I have crush on him and he would laugh, thinking that it's a joke. I have no idea how my heart would be if that happens. Really.
 
That's why when he suddenly appears in the meeting room on Thursday, I drop the whole document in shock. The weekly meeting just finished and I am the only one left to take care of the final document for festival preparation.
 
Sunggyu made a face that he didn't believe I had told Hoya about the voting result but he said he would wait for Hoya tomorrow, on Friday, like what I had told him... right?
 
"Wow, wow, easy, Hina," Hoya closes the door behind me and squats down, picking up the documents and puts them on table. "What's with that face? You asked me to come here, remember?"
 
"Friday," that's the only word I could mutter but he chuckles and, I swear, it feels like my stomach just flipped upside down.
 
He pokes the tip of my nose playfully, "Thursday, Hina. Do you think I didn't pay attention to you even you spoke with your highest speed?"
 
There it goes. My heart flutters again because of this guy who only needs a smile to make me become a mute for seconds.
 
"You're working really hard for the festival, aren't you?" Hoya doesn't wipe his beautiful smile. "It makes me want to deliver the best performance as well, you know."
 
Suddenly my senses return and I frown, "Wait... You... Did you know that you would perform before I told you on Monday?"
 
He nods innocently, "Yes, I knew it already. Sunggyu told me two weeks ago. He lives right next to my house anyway."
 
Clenching my fists, I hold my breath with disbelief. He knew it all along and he made me to rush and dash everywhere for him? Is he trying to pull a prank on me?
 
The fact that I am really disappointed can't be formed in words. Instead a tear of disappointment escapes my eye and Hoya's smile disappears when he notices it, "Hina? Why do you cr-"
 
"Are you satisfied now?!" I raise my voice unintentionally. "Are you that happy to see me that desperate, looking for you like a fool when you knew everything already?! You're happy to know that I'm an idiot, right?!"
 
I wipe my tears roughly and realize that I must be really ugly now. I need to leave here as soon as possible. I run pass him but Hoya grabs my wrist, spinning me around to face him.
 
"Wh-" I was going to push him away but he locks my lips with his, gently kissing me as his other hand cups my cheek.
 
He breaks the kiss, leaning his forehead against mine and whispers with guilt, "I'm sorry, Hina... I really am... I don't mean to make you cry..."
 
"You have no idea how much I really want to tell you this... Whenever I see you, I hold back my urge to hug you and tell you...," Hoya wipes my tear with his thumb.
 
"I fall in love with you, Hina. Would you be my girlfriend?"
 
"Whenever I’m happy or sad
I want to call your name
MY MY MY You’re MY
You're always in my heart
Just stay right there and don’t change"
 
"Hoya, can I ask you a question?" I open up a conversation on our way back to my house.
 
The annual festival was closed today. It's a big success, including Hoya's opening and closing performance. He did twice just because I asked him to.
 
One month ago he confessed to me and, though it felt like a dream, it's real and he told me everything he never did.
 
He is the one who asked Sunggyu to let me become the person in charge when the voting result was out. He knew that he would perform but he kept silence on purpose.
 
The day I saw him on the basketball stage... It's not the first day he noticed me. He said he saw me preparing for the school birthday party six months ago with Sunggyu and, ever since, he was attracted to me.
 
Hoya wanted to know me better but never had a chance to do so because I was really busy. He wanted to introduce himself after he swept snow off of me but he was too nervous.
 
It's the same. Both for me and him.
 
We just never knew.
 
"Why didn't you tell me that Sunggyu has informed you about the voting result?" I speak out my curiosity.
 
Hoya blinks and then takes my hand, intertwining our fingers together, "Because it's the only reason you would come to find me again and again every week."
 
"Because it's the only reason I could talk with you real close and see you, Hina," Hoya makes me stop my steps. He plants a kiss on my forehead, "My Princess."
 
"Y-Y-Yah!" I blush but Hoya doesn't let go of me.
 
He pulls me into his hug and says, "Stay with me forever. Don't change."
 
"Because you're my...," he pulls away and gives me a quick kiss on lips, "...one and only."
 
"Dear boy I fell in love on a snowy day
I'll be yours forever as long as you’ll be mine"
 
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
 
This story is based on "My My" by A Pink.