Almost...

Phone Call

“Jessica!” Yuri shout at the CEO from Ice Princess magazine names while put her eagle eyes to search the latter. She make a small run while her heart pound hard against her chest. She have to get that girl tonight no matter what. Yuri keep looking and searching for Jessica and she didn’t realize the dark sky start turn to light grey signaled it almost dawn but she don’t care. She finally stop at the park near her apartment to take a short break. When she was about to continue someone caught her eyes. Jessica sat at the edge of the fountain in the middle of the park while dip her feet on the cold water with tear still persist on her eyes. upon see that sight, Yuri’s eyes soften and at the same time she feel relief that she found her girl. She slowly walk to that girl and stand behind her. Jessica know that was Yuri because she have a habit to recognize someone’s perfume, fragrance or odor. It’s weird but she know that soft citrus smell was came from Yuri.

“What do you want?” Jessica ask coldly and wipe her tears. She expect an answer but all she got just a warm jacket got place around her shoulder prevent her from this killer cold night. Yuri took of her heels and join Jessica and deep her feet inside that cold water. They sat there without exchanging a single word and just swung their feet in that water make a small splash from their feet.

“When I was 10, every time I got angry, I will go to the park that have a fountain and deep my feet inside the water. It can cool me down for awhile.” Jessica suddenly said while still playing with the water. Yuri smile before she deep her hand in that water and pull out, looking at that water drip down from her hand.

“You know what people call me when I was 10?” Jessica shook her head. “People call me happy-go-lucky-mood-prankster Yuri.”

“Why?” Jessica tilt her head cutely and look at Yuri curious.

“Because I can do this.” Yuri flick her wet hand on inch from Jessica’s face cause the latter scream in disgust because her face got wet.

“Ya! How dare you-“ instead of continue her word, Jessica deep her hands and pull out, splashing her enemy endless water war until both of them wet. Since water fountain had a big pool, both of them run inside there in circle while splashing water toward each other. Jessica doing this not because she angry with Yuri anymore, but because she was happy. Yuri make herself feel better and she silently thank that Yuri had found her and company herself cause her not feel alone.

.

.

.

.

.

Taeyeon plop down on her couch and rub her face tiredly. She had been search Jessica for all night long and it’s 7am now. She sigh and took out her phone to call Yuri but it went straight to voice mail. She close her phone in frustration and decided to open her bakery. She quickly go to wash up and drive her car to her daily bakery. She arrive just in time where her worker also just arrive.

“Morning Taeyeon.” Wooyoung and the other greet her and she greet them back before she toast her key toward them to open and clean the shop. When she turn around to take a look on her opposite shop, she saw Tiffany stand there staring at her but quickly look away when their eyes meet.

“Taeyeon!” Taeyeon turn around and look at Yuri who walk toward her in rush. She was about to greet her cousin but before she could do it, a hard blow land smoothly on her right cheek cause her stumble back and fall down on the floor. Not enough, Yuri grab her jacket and pull her up before give her another blow on cheek and stomach. Upon seeing that scene, Tiffany shout at Yuri and quickly approach them to be exact approaching Taeyeon who lying on the floor weakly and the rest of Taeyeon’s worker came out just in time and pull Yuri away before she could lay another blow to her beloved cousin.

“Are you crazy?!” Tiffany snap at Yuri before she help Taeyeon sit up but Taeyeon couldn’t do that cause Tiffany look at her in worried.

“Hey, are you okey? Taeyeon, can you hear me?” Taeyeon clutch her stomach and hiss in pain while her other shaky hand grab on Tiffany’s coat and mumble something softly cause Tiffany can’t hear it clearly.

“What? Taeyeon I can’t hear you.” Tiffany lean in and place her ear near the latter’s lips.

“call...” Taeyeon didn’t finish her request and pass away just like that.

…….

“When the last time she eat?”

“we don’t know.”

“When the last time she sleep?”

“We don’t know.”

“When-“

“oh cut the crap, just tell us what happen to her already.” Yuri said in annoyed tone.

“Yuri!” Wooyoung hiss cause Yuri roll her eyes.

“I’m sorry for her behavior doc, she just love her cousin too much. So what happen to her?” Wooyoung ask in polite tone.

“Well, she just too tired and skip her meal cause her have acute ulcer, not to mention she had minor buries on her face. Just make sure she never skip her meal and had enough rest .” Wooyoung thank the doctor and leave his office along with Yuri. After they out, Wooyoung quickly pin Yuri on the wall and bombarding her with question.

“Yah, are you out of your mind? What’s with suddenly beat her up? what’s wrong with you? What did she do to you?” Yuri yank his hand away from her shoulder before she cross her hand over her chest, look away. Wooyoung sigh and rub his temple.

“Should I told dad about this?” Yuri uncross her arm and look at Wooyoung with ‘are-you-kidding’ look.

“go and tell him if you want your relationship with her over. You know, it’s not that easy to get her trust and you just get it last year remember? Even though she didn’t admitted you as her oppa, at least she trust you.” Wooyoung sigh and look down. To thinking again, all Yuri said was right.

“I don’t care what is your problem with her, but you have no right to beat her like that and please make it clear both of you. huff… girls issue.” Wooyoung take a last look at Yuri before he walk away. When Taeyeon not around, he is the one who take the responsibility for Dorky Bakery although both Taeyeon and Wooyoung don’t need to worry about her shop because all here worker there just like her family, caring to each other like brother and sister but still, a team need their captain right?

.

.

.

.

Tiffany sat beside Taeyeon who sleep peacefully at bed with IV on her left hand. Tiffany didn’t know how long she had been staring at Taeyeon but she don’t mind it either. She lift her hand and brush the latter’s bang that cover her face away cause she can see her face clearly and she can feel her heart flinch when her hand accidenlly brush on Taeyeon’s buries. ‘It must be hurt.’ Tiffany told herself. Suddenly the front door open and reveled Yuri cause Tiffany stand up.

“Yuree..I’m sorry about earlier, I didn’t meant to shout at you.” Tiffany said while look down.

“It’s okey. It’s my fault. I got carried away with my problem.”Yuri said while she stare at her cousin weakly.

“So what’s the doctor said?”

“She just need to eat and sleep properly. I don’t know what is going with her. I also shock when I realize I can lay a hand on her. I never have a chance to do that before. she always know it although her eyes were close.”

“Since I’m here now you can leave. I know you have another thing to do. Thank you for coming.” Yuri flash her killer smile and Thank Tiffany. Tiffany smile back and take one last look at Taeyeon, hesitated but she finally move her heels and leave Taeyeon alone with Yuri. After the door close and make sure Tiffany already out of sight, Yuri turn around and slap Taeyeon’s right hand. “Wake up. I know you wake.”

“ugh..”Taeyeon groan and slowly sat up while rubbing her hand. “Ow Yuri why are you so rude to me today.” Taeyeon pout but Yuri just roll her eyes.

“Oh come on Taeng, you know already why.” Yuri drop herself on another chair on right side crossing her legs and arms. Taeyeon sigh and play with her blanket.

“What do you want to know.” They’re always like this, always open up and talk their mind out to each other that’s why both Yuri and Taeyeon were close.

“What you reject her?”

“You know the answer already.”

“But she like you.”

“And you like her.”

“That’s not the point.”

“Yes, that’s the point and I’ll never let you down.”

“I’m happy as long as she happy.”

“Oh yuri don’t do this to me.”

“Do you by any chance like her too?”

“Why should I?”

“Just answer me honestly.”

“honestly?”

“yes, honestly, deep down from your heart.”


“Your taste is very bad Yuri.”

“Ya!” Yuri sat up straight, proofing she disagree with her cousin’s statement.

“what? okey maybe she is attractive, smart, and y. But she is bit touchy you know.” Taeyeon look down and blush.

“She what?”

“Aish Yuri she touch my !” Taeyeon whine cause Yuri rise her brow and laugh.

“What are you laughing at?! I can accept if she touch another part of my body..I mean proper part but this is my ! Aish Yuri stop laughing and do something~!”

“Oh my God Taeyeon-ah…bwahaha.”

“Yuri!”

“oh okey give me a minute…uuhhh…okey.” Yuri gain herself back and wipe her tear. She is dying from laughing. Sure and height were Taeyeon’s sensitive spot.

“So what should I do now? I bet she is angry with me.” Taeyeon sigh and pout. HSe didn’t mean to hurt Jessica by rejecting her when the girl declare her love to Taeyeon but Taeyeon know better. Taeyeon know that her cousin had a huge crush on Jessica and she can’t let her cousin down. Beside her heart already got knot on someone else, maybe.

“No, she feel guilty for leaving you like that. She just embarrassed. You know girls.” Yuri lift her shoulder and smirk.

“And I have to thank you because you reject her. I got a chance to know her more. She even ask me dinner on Friday. Can you believe that? Firday Taeng, oh what should I wear then?” Taeyeon sigh in relief that her cousin finally can go out with her years crush. To think again, she think that someone is missing.

“Where is Wooyoung?”Taeyeon look around and finally look at her cousin who still smile to herself.

“Oh, he said he head back to your shop. Why? You want to told him that I hit your pretty face too hard?”

“Yeah, I want him to beat you up and broke your bone because you hit my pretty face.” Taeyeon said with sacrifice on her tone.

“Yuri.”

“Hemm?”

“I…How is my mom’s condition now?” Yuri stop smiling and look at Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon..”

“Last time I check her, she is not quite healthy.” Taeyeon said weakly while fidget with her nail.

“You back to your house?” Yuri ask disbelief. Taeyeon shook her head and sigh, “ No I just walk around and then I just realize I’m on my way to my house but i didn’t go back there just….looking from a far. I….My mom is sick.” Yuri’s eyes soften. She stood up and sat at the edge of Taeyeon’s bed comforting her with her warm hug and Taeyeon melt on her embrace. She feel secure on Yuri’s embrace, just like the first time Yuri found her.



Yuri keep running, ignore her heart was about to explode. She stop abruptly after 15 minutes running non stop and place both her hand on her knees, catching her breath. After she her heart in normal pace, she stood straight and start to shout her cousin’s name.

“Taeyeon!” Yuri keep shouting and looking for the latter and finally she found her. her shoulder slump down and look at her cousin with sad eyes. Taeyeon curl up like a ball, sleep on bench while using her bag as a pillow and her thin jacket covering her upper body. Yuri walk closer to her and after she can see Taeyeon clearly, her heart drop. Although she is sleeping but her tears still flow out from her eyes. Yuri squat down and wipe her tears away.

“Taeng..” Taeyeon slowly open her eyes when she feel another on her face and when it fully open, her swollen eyes start to blur again and she quickly buried her face on her cousin’s chest, cried her heart out. Yuri shift to better position so she can comfort her cousin. Rubbing her back, Yuri make sure Taeyeon feel secure and comfort.

“It’s okey. it’s okey. I’m here.”



Taeyeon snuggle closer and tighten her hand on Yuri’s waist. Yuri didn’t mind it at all. With her free hand, she brush Taeyeon’s bangs away and give a soft kiss on her forehead. Taeyeon just fall a sleep peacefully after she got comfort by her cousin and she silently thank Yuri that she always beside her whenever she didn’t feel well. Yuri look at the person beside her with many thought on her mind like how she and the person beside her life together on small flat, working together to pay the rent and collage until both of them got scholarship. Both of them really start from bottom and look now, they have a nice apartment that people could only gawk, fancy cars, branded clothes, everything. She know that their hard work was worth, their bead of sweat and blood is worth, their life is worth. Is not both of their family can’t support them. in fact, their parents can support them more then they can imagine. But no, Yuri choose to follow Taeyeon’s path, starting everything from bottom to proof that their parents were wrong. In Yuri’s case, her parents give her full support and Yuri feel glad that her parents accept her decision. Yuri close her eyes and decided to take a nap is worth for both of them right now before they face new problem on their life.

------

Tiffany sat alone ta her office while try to focusing drawing. With her mind wandering nowhere, she didn’t realize what she was drawing and didn’t know that someone is already in her room, stood beside her.

“That is the cutes Gnome I ever see Tiff. Make sure I have this one.” Tiffany snap back to reality and look at Jessica who stood beside her before she look back at her sketch and gasp. All this time she suppose to sketch a mushroom or moon but now she just sketch a gnome. She quickly throw her pen and close her sketch book and stood up cause Jessica back away.

“Jessica Jung, you finally came. Don’t you know how much I worry about you that night? Where are you going? What happen that night?” Tiffany nag her best friend while pull her into a tight hug.

“Woah, Tiff, I’m okey you can let me go now, I can’t breath.” Tiffany quickly loosen her grip and step back.

“Sorry.” Tiffany apologize.

“it’s okey and I’m really okey right now it’s nothing Tiff.”

“Okey.”

“Guess what? I got you a date with someone!” Jessica said excitedly.

Tiffany rise her brow and ask, ” with who?” Jessica smirk and clap her hand together.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


Yuri check herself for tenth times on her rear mirror before she grab pack of roses and get out from her car. She walk into Six Sins Resto where she and Jessica agree to have dinner together and here she is, sat patiently at the corner where they can see Seoul above them. she smiling at herself and think how could Jessica set this romantic dinner by herself.

“Sorry I’m late.” Upon hearing that voice, Yuri quickly stood up and turn around, showing her most wide yet happy smile in her life before it die down in second.

“Tiffany?”

-----

Taeyeon burp and smile. She just finish her proper meal and never in her life she feel satisfied after eating jajangmyeon. She clean the table before grab her favorite mug and pour out the milk from carton before place it back oh fridge. She sat down on couch and flip the remote to choose what she want to watch.

Ding dong

“Aish that girl, she must me forgot something. She even forgot her key.” Taeyeon shook her head and walk toward the front door.

“Hey Yuri I told you-“ Taeyeon open the door and surprise that the person in front of her is not her cousin.

“Je-Jessica?”

“Can I come in?”

“Uh yeah.” Taeyeon open the door wider and step aside so Jessica can walk in and close the door after the latter in. Jessica look around in awe. This is her first time she entered this apartment.

“You have a nice living room here.” Jessica trace her hand on couch, admiring the soft fabric and color.

“uh thanks?” Taeyeon answered awkwardly while rubbing her neck.

“I thought you go out with Yuri? She said that you invite her on a dinner?”

“yeah, I did.” Jessica replied casually. She walk to the front couch and sat at there got followed by Taeyeon.

“But why-“

“I did it to say thank you because she was there for me that night.”

“So who-“

“Tiffany.”

“What?!” Somehow Taeyeon was not sure if she hear it right or wrong.

“What? Tiffany likes her and I think Yuri is not bad. So I set them up.”

“What? I tho-“

“That’s all I could do.”

“No you stop cutting what I want to say Jessica. You make a big ,mistake here.” Taeyeon sat up straight and stare hard at Jessica.

“What do you mean?” Jessica feel the tense and her face turn in to serious one.

“How can you set up Yuri with Tiffany? Yuri likes you.”

“…”

“I’m serious here.”

“Tiffany likes her.” Jessica whispered and look down, leaving Taeyeon speechless.

“…”

“and I like you.” Jessica look up after her second time confession roll out from her tongue.

“I thought we talk about this before Jessica.” Taeyeon said and look away. She don’t want to see that eyes, that hurting yet helpless eyes. She don’t want to hurt this person in front of her yet she have to before more people she loved got hurt. “I don’t care. I like you! I like you!” Suddenly Jessica scot closer and hug Taeyeon tightly, not wanting to let her go again. Taeyeon try to struggle from her hug but Jessica just hug her tighter.

“No…Jessica..stop! Jessica!” with all her might, Taeyeon push Jessica away from her and she did. She quickly stood up and pant, try to breath normally. Her heart got stab by each tear flow out from Jessica’s eyes. She hurt her, again.

“you will just hurt both of them.” Taeyeon’s eyes soften.

“and you hurt me already.” Jessica mumble between her sobs. “Why you can’t give me a chance?”

“I’m sorry Jessica, I can’t.“

“If……. she don’t like me would you give me that chance then?” Taeyeon was taken back by Jessica’s question. She understand what Jessica mean, yet she never think about it before. Will she give Jessica chance if Yuri didn’t have a crush on her?

“I…”

“Can you?”

“I can’t.”

Ring ring

“Speak.”  After hearing the other person on the other line speak, Taeyeon’s eyes widen and look at the caller ID “Pink?” Taeyeon look at Jessica and look back at her phone and back to Jessica again. ”yes..where are you? okey wait there, I’ll coming for you. don’t go anywhere okey?” Taeyeon hung up her phone with her eyes still on Jessica who look away from her.

Ring ring

For the second time her phone went off and she pick it up immediately. “Yes? Yuri? What?! Where? How- okey, I’ll call you after I found her.” Taeyeon quickly hung up her phone and grab her jacket.

“Where are you going?”

“I told you, you just end up hurting both of them. I have to go and find Tiffany.”

“but you need a rest and you still weak.” Jessica stood up and block Taeyeon’s way. Taeyeon just got discharge 2 days ago and she still need a proper rest for week before she go back to work.

“I don’t care Jessica. I can’t sit here alone when I know someone need me more then someone who just lied to me in here.” Taeyeon bow her head and dash out from her apartment, leaving Jessica alone at there. Jessica slump down on the floor with tears keep flow out from her eyes. she sniff and sneer before she shook his head and smile.

“at the end you always run in to the same person.”

TBC