No More Taeny Moment?

Phone Call

“Ei ya dud. Have you seen another Taeny Moment? I kind a miss em.” A young boy with his best hip hop style ask to his friend who’s playing with his skateboard.

“Nah, it’s rare. Every day, I brought my cam in case I meet em yo. Oh we’re here. man, can we just talk normally?”

“What? no, aw you ruin my concept. Aish.” His friend shrug his shoulder, ignoring his friend babbling something not important. When he look up he quickly nudge his friend.

“Wazzup ya my na cool pal?” that boy said with annoyed voice.

“Look, Taeny! Where’s my camera? Dude I love Friday!” that boy quickly took his cam and turn it on.

Taeyeon stand outside her shop for quite long, playing with her phone. She sigh for the ninth times. Her cheek still red but she ignored the pain. Her head shoot up after she hear the roar of car across the road. Tiffany step out from her vehicle and close the door. she accidently look up where Taeyeon  stood across the road and froze. Both of the keep staring each other until Tiffany took initiate to broke their gaze and walk to her shop.

“Tiffany.” since it’s Friday, this place is quite and there’re not much people around so Taeyeon didn’t need to shout out loud the girl name.

“Oh dude, Taeyeon unnie took her first ever step on the road. Oh my gwad I’m rich. I really like Friday freaking morning ya!” the skater boy said in joy while his hip hop friend dance clumsily, feels like dependent day for them. victory for Taeny moment on YouTube later.

Taeyeon briefly for her first time crossing her territory to her enemy’s place. Now here she is, stood in front of Tiffany who just turn around after her name got called.

“h-here.” Taeyeon hand her phone that she keep playing for almost 1 hour to Tiffany. “You drop this last night.” Tiffany stare at her phone before she took it and accidently brush her hand against Taeyeon’s cold one. Very cold. She just surprise that she could be this calm toward Taeyeon after what happen between them. She look up and silently gasp in her mind, seeing Taeyeon’s red cheek. She must be slap her so hard that night.

“Leave.” That’s all Tiffany could say before she turn around and disappear inside her shop, leaving taeyeon outside.

“ow ya naw dude.” The skater boy said after he turn off her cam. “ I think this will be the last of Taeny moment.”

.

.

.

.

.

It’s true, there were no Taeny moment again. everytime when their eyes meet, they quickly look away and act like their enemy was not there. Not far from Taeyeon and Tiffany’s place, to be exact, there’s a café near their place and two people sat there silently sipping their morning tea.

“This is worsen then I thought.”

“Hemm.”

“I mean, seriously, both of them were stupid and why they didn’t recognize each other voice on phone?”

“hemm.”

“hence, they want to meet each other but when they finally know each other, the result was twist out.”

“Hemm.”

“and more, I’m awesome.”

“hemm- wait. No way. Yuri please being serious here.”

“I am but all you did just ‘hemm’ ‘hemm’ ‘hemm’ did you ‘hemm’ for agreeing or you ‘hemm’ for ‘hell-no’ aw is like I’m talking to wall here.”

“Hemm.”

“Sica~”

“Okey. so what about her condition?” Jessica flinch bit when she mention her.

“her smile lessen and work out herself until she came home, she just lay down without bothering to wash herself up.”

“Hemm.”

“What about you? is Tiffany forgive you already?”

“I already apologize to her and told her that I don’t know you have feelings for me. she understand and we are fine now.”

“hemm.” Both of them sigh at the same time, one in relief, one in guilt.

“Should I talk to her?”

“which one?”

“Taeyeon.”

“maybe I should talk to Fany too.”

“that’s great idea.”

---

Tiffany sat at her office, taking turn looking at her pink plushy and her phone. She make a cute pout on her lips and took her pink plushy abd squish it. “Taetae-ah, do you think I slap her too hard?” she shook her head and hug her plushy. She open her drawer and took out her sketch book and open it. with her finger tips she trace her masterpiece that she unconscious draw carefully before sigh and think hard about what she have done this whole 2 months. She giggle by herself when she remember how silly Tae E is. But then she frown how Taeyeon treat her nicely. How warm her body is when she save her from beggar, how soft Taeyeon’s hand when she gently wipe her tears away, how Taeyeon help her wipe her sweat when they play at amusement park, how Taeyeon nicely give her Taetae, how  that night they-

“Tiffany? Fany-ah.” Her train thought got cut by knock on her door and she know that voice. She place back her plushy and her sketch book before she allow the person in front of the door came in.

“Hey.” Yuri greet as she close the door gently before walk to Tiffany’s front desk.

“H-Hey.” Tiffany smile awkwardly and ask Yuri to sit down. Both of them sat at there in silence for 10 good minutes before Yuri take her first word.

“Fany, I’m sorry about that night. I didn’t mean to-“

“I know. I don’t blame you Yuri. It’s okey.” Tiffany said assuring the taller girl with her eyes smile. True, Tiffany didn’t blame her and after what Jessica explain to her, she understand Yuri so well.

“Really?” Tiffany nod. Yuri feel relief that the eye smile girl didn’t hold grudge on her. they chat for awhile and something caught her eyes.

“what is this?” Yuri lean forward and was about to touch it but Tiffany quickly grab it and hug it tight.

“Uh…Sorry I didn’t mean to touch it. it just I saw it somewhere..familiar..oh I saw it at Taeng’s room!”  Yuri snap her finger and look at Tiffany who look at her plushy with that ‘look’. Yuri notice it. She start to connect everything what she saw, what she feel, what she think and her eyes widen.

“Fany-ah. Did something happen between you and Taeng?”

.

.

.

.

Taeyeon wipe her table on same spot over ten minutes already cause her worker look worried at her. “Taeyeon-ah, are you okey?” Taecyeon walk over after he got pushed by the rest of his friend and make a mental note to get his revenge. Taeyeon snap out from her train thought and turn around before she gave weak smile to him. “I’m okey.”

“Are you sure? You’re bit flush.” Taecyeon lift his hand and place it over Taeyeon’s cute bang. “Taeyeon-ah, you had a fever.” Taec look at her worried, she also bit surprise and place her hand over her neck and smile sheeply.

“Ya! What are you guys doing?!” Both of them turn around and look at Wooyoung who march toward them with not so friendly manner. Taecyeon retread his hand and step back. Wooyoung stop between them and cross his arms. “Taec, are you try to make a move on her?” Wooyoung shot him dead glare while Taec just make a gag face and Taeyeon blush bit. “Seriously? Did I mention no touching and hitting at our boss?”

“Uh..we just worried about her. they push me and when I check her-I mean..oh man she just have a fever!” Taecyeon shook his head before he walk inside leaving Taeyeon and Wooyoung alone and send his dead glare to his friend who quickly look away and spare to continue their work. Wooyoung sigh and look at Taeyeon who continue to wipe the table.

“Taeng.” Wooyoung stop her from doing anything and make her turn around. He place his hand on the girl’s forehead for second before he sigh. “You should rest.” Taeyeon shook her head and smile, “I’m okey, really.”

“No, you’re not okey. please listen to me this time. Go home and take a  rest.” Wooyoung said and look at her worried. For this past weeks she just make herself like a slave, keep working and skip her meal. If it’s not her worker or Yuri who keep nagging her or remain her to sleep and eat, she would end up at hospital again and this is not funny for Wooyoung and Yuri.

“No, I’m-“

“Please, listen to me this time as your brother.” Taeyeon remind silent and Wooyoung know the girl in front of him didn’t like what he said just now. “Taeyeon..”

“it’s okey. maybe you’re right. I’m sorry to make you, Yuri and the rest worried, o..oppa.” Wooyoung widen his eyes as she look at Taeyeon in shock.

“What did you just call me?”

“Oppa?” Taeyon tilt her head little and with blink she already on Wooyoung’s embrace.

“Thank you sis.”

“From what we saw, You are the one who broke the rules.” Heechul said as the rest step out from kitchen who secretly observe them. Both Taeyeon giggle at them and hit Wooyoung’s arm playfully.

“Group hug!” Nichkhuns said as all of them approach Taeyeon but got shield by Wooyoung. “No one allowed to touch my sister here or you guys will turn to a dead meat in seconds. He put his hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder and pull her closer. He got tricked. He didn’t notice that Taeyeon wink at them before she push him toward them. Sacrifice one, she still have Yuri. They caught him just in time and put head lock on him.

“Ya, Taeyeon-ah, why you stab me from behind? Help me!” Taeyeon shook her head while staring at him sadly.

“I’m sorry but I have to obey my brother’s order to come back home and rest.” She said and giggle at her workers antic. She love them, like her own family and she glad that she have them.

“I don’t know that you had so much fun here. I should came her often.” Tayeon turn around and saw Jessica walk in with smile on her face.

“H-Hi Jessica.” taeyeon said awkwardly. In return, Jessica flash her best smile before she sat across Taeyeon. Jessica took Taeyeon’s hand and squeeze it little cause the latter caught off guard.

“Taeyeon, I came here to say sorry for what I’ve done to you and the other. You’re right, I’m just stupid.” Jessica sigh and look down, remembering what’s on her sleeve back there just make her guilt worse.

“It’s okey Jessica. I forgive you already and I just worry about you. I thought you don’t want to be a friend with me again. I know you deserve better than me.” Taeyeon flash her most killer smile at Jessica. she like this feelings. She finally clear things with Jessica and now they are willing to start again as a friend, best friend perhaps.

“No, you are the best friend I’ve ever had. So, what should I do to make up with you?” Jessica replied with her best smile. She also glad that she finally can apologize to Taeyeon and she ready to start over again as her friend, well maybe she still need sometime from her heart break but she willing to try it. ‘wait little bit for me Yuri’ she mentally hope. Taeyeon tilt up her head to look at the ceiling, showing that she try to think what she want and when she decided what she want, she look back at Jessica with her smug grin paint all her face.

“let’s have a dinner with Yuri. I know she went to your place that night.” Taeyeon grin evilly and look at Jessica who’s blushing hard.

“Is not what you thinking.” Jessica took her hand away and look down cause Taeyeon giggle in instant.

“Ow look what we have here. How I’m not supposed to think like that now when I mention my cousin went to your place, you blush like this? That just an innocent statement.”

‘Oh, I love teasing this girl. Put her on your checklist Taeyeon.’ Taeyeon smile widely.

“ACHOOO~” Taeyeon sneeze hard and rub her nose.

“God Bless.”

“What?”

“God Bless. That’s what Tiffany said when I sneeze.”

“Oh.” Taeyeon said, stiff a bit after Jessica mention her name.

“ACHOO~”

“Taeyeon, are you sick?” Jessica look at Taeyeon in concern. From what she remember, Yuri told her that Taeyeon worn herself out.

“Hemm, from what I my worker and brother said I have one.” Taeyeon said while rubbing her nose.

“Your brother?”

“Yeah step brother.”

“You have step brother?”

“Ye-ACHOO~” Taeyeon sneeze again and her eyes show tiredness.

“Okey maybe you have to take arrest now. Want me to send you home?”

“that would be good.”


---


“Appa!Appa! teach me how to ride my bike!” a 5 years old Taeyeon said while nugde her father who still working. Her father stop from what he was doing and took off his glasses. He pick Taeyeoon from the floor and make her sat on his lap.

“Hi, princess, you want to ride your new bike huh?”

“Yesh!” Taeyeon said with so much determination in her voice. Jaejoong chuckle, how cute his daughter could be.

“Oke, let’s get your bike then.”

“Yay!” Taeyeon hoop down from her father’s lap and rush out to get her bike. This is the most happy memories in her life. Her father teaching her how ride her new bike while her mother watch them from afar, cheering her. Taeyeon feel blessed because she have a great father and caring mother, have a better life, and happy family. Taeyeon feel that world is under her hand because she can get everything what she wanted, or so she thought.

She is 18 now and almost finish her high school. Tonight they had usual family dinner where she could having a great time with her parents and share their story. “Appa, Umma, I have something to tell you.” Taeyeon said as she cut her steak.

“What is it dear?” her mom ask sweetly.

“I want to be a famous baker in Korea.” Taeyeon said cheerfully. She know her parents will always support her.

“Why?” her father ask calmly.

“I like it and its popular right now.” Taeyeon said with spark in her eyes.

“No you can’t.” her father state cause her stop eating and look at her father.

“Why?” she ask slightly pouted.

“You have to go to the best university and learn business so you can take care my business.”

“But-“Her father place down his spoon and fork and look at her.

“You are my daughter and I love you and you know that. Your mother also loves you and you know that. We just want the best for you and believe me, opening that shop didn’t support your future.”

“I don’t agree about that dad. I also don’t want to be business woman, following your path. I just want a simple and happy life.” Taeyeon argue back. She didn’t like what her father think about her future plan.

“Don’t argue with me Taeyeon. I know what the best for you and stop day dreaming about having a bakery shop. End of discussion.” Her father stood up and walk away leaving Taeyeon at table with her mom. She feel hurt. Her father just turn her down and she don’t like it. A hand place on her shoulder cause her look up. Her mother smile apologetic before went where her father head off.

Taeyeon starting to be stubborn after that night. She keep insist what she want when her parents don’t grant her wish. She just have a simple wish yet her parents always against her. What’s wrong being a baker? What’s wrong about having simple life? She don’t need the fame or being billioner. All she want is having happy family like how she used to remember when she was 5.

On her way back, she found a young boy around her age stood not far from her house, staring at the front door. She wondering what that boy want.

“Hey. May I help you?” that young boy turn around and smile.

“You must be Kim Jae Joong’s daughter.”

“Yes. Do you need any help?” Taeyeon ask politely. The boy smile and extend his hand.

“Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Wooyoung.”

.

.

.

.

Taeyeon storm to her father’s luxury building, ignoring that people greet her. Without knocking, she dash in her father’s office and saw her father working on his computer. “Who’s that woman?” Taeyeon ask calmly. Jae joong stop typing and look at his daughter.

“Is this how you greet you own father?” her father said in stern tone. After that night, they keep tense up until now.

“Yes. Just answer me who is that woman!” Taeyeon shout cause the worker outsie her father’s office look in.

“Taeyeon, enough!” her father stood up and grab her wrist.

“Let go!”

“We talk about this at home.” They walk out and went straight to her father’s car, ignoring that people staring at them. When they arrive, Taeyeon step out and quickly walk inside her room and slam the door hard cause her mom step out from kitchen stare at the door in confuse. Later, Jaejoong came in with frustrated write on his face.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” Taeyeon’s mom approach her husband but she also got ignored. Jaejoong pass her and walk straight to his daughter’s room. He open the door harshly and found Taeyeon just finished changing her uniform.

“What do you think you are doing?!” Jaejoong shout at Taeyeon but she keep herself compose.

“I’m doing the right thing. I ask you again, who is that woman.”

“What woman? What are you talking about?”

“Don’t fool me dad. Just answer me who is that woman cause you cheat on my mom?!”

SLAP

“Jaejoong!” her wife rush over Taeyeon who stand silently while her har cover her face.

“Honey are you okey?” her mom ask worried, she gasp when she was a red mark on her daughter’s cheek.

“Who is that woman. I just want to know who is that woman.” She said sadly. “Is she prettier them omma? Did she just give you so much money cause you love her more?”

“ENOUGH TAEYEON ENOUGH!” Jaejoong was about to slap her again but her mom stop him in time.

“That boy came to our house yesterday. He told me that you’re his father. I just want to ask who is that woman. Just…tell me..my mom don’t deserve this.” Taeyeon said while ber body shaking, burning like hell.

“YOU BELIEVE HIM BETTER THAN ME? FOR GOD SAKE I’M YOUR FATHER.”

“SO I’M YOU DAUGHTER TOO!”

“YOU’RE NOT MY DAUGHTER! I DON’T HAVE REBEL DAUGHTER LIKE YOU!” Taeyeon step back after hearing that. Her heart slowly breaking along with her tear. Jaejoong go to his daughter’s drawer and grab anything inside there, shove it in to her bag. After he finished, he grab Taeyeon wrist and drag her out from her room while her mom keep pleading  him to stop wither tears keep falling. Jaejoong pen the front door and throw Taeyeon’s bag out along with her cause her fall down.

“GO! NEVER EVER STEP YOUR FOOT AT THIS HOUSE AGAIN!” Jaejoong grab her mother’s waist and drag her in. she keep struggling while looking at her daughter.

“Taeyeon-ah..Taeyeon!” Taeyeon could only stare at her mom until the door is close. More tears came out from her eyes and she could feel her heart ache.


---




Taeyeon sat alone at bench near her apartment and think about what happen with her for this past one month, too much. She wonder why and why is the reason she start to fight with Tiffany? She then hear two kids who play on the play ground shout at each other.

“No! I’m older then you so move! I want to play that swing!”

“No way I give you my place! You are weird and I don’t like you!”

“I don’t like you either!”

They keep bickering and pouting and shouting to each other. Taeyeon chuckle and she just found that they are so adoreable. So what is the reason cause her and Tiffany keep shouting and hating each other? No reason. It just simple little hate and jealous for no reason for these past years. She shook her head and sigh.

“is this place taken?” before Taeyeon could answer, that stranger already seat beside her and look at those kid  keep glaring at each other. Taeyein turn around and to her surprise, he is someone she wish not to be here at this moment.

“D-Dad?” her body quickly stiff up and she ball her fist inside her pocket.

“I’ glad to see you again, but not in this shape. You grow Taeyeon.” Her father’s deep and calm voice start to make her heart pound hard. Ity’s been years she didn’t see him this close, she could see he get wrinkle above his eyes and he look tired. She look away and start to wander wildly on her mind. Why her father ishere? How could he know that she still in Seoul? How could he find her here? How-

“I’m sorry.” SHe never expect that her father wold said that out of loud, leaving her stunned.

“When I was young, your grandpa send me to Jeonju for his new project for a year. I meet this girl, she so beauty like an angel. We know each other and felt in love. But my one year at Jeonju end so fast cause us have to spare apart. I really love her and told your grandpa that I want to marry her but your grandpa already set me with your mom. One year after, I go back to Jeonju to find her and want to say sorry but it’s to late. She died during earth quake and I’m really sad. I don’t know that she have my child.” Jaejong pause for moment,he still felt sorry about her died. He look at Taeyeon and place his hand over his child’s shoulder. “I’m sorry my child. I shouldn’t lie to you. I just want to protect you and your mom from any harm that cause both of you hurt. I’m really a bad father.”

“I know you still need your time, but please at lease come home, our first lady miss you so much.” Taeyeon chuckle after hearing her father call her mom as first lady. She remember that time she was around 9 when her father said that her mom is the first lady while her is the first lady’s pretty daughter. She think for moment, it’s true she still need a time to heal her heart but her father just apologize to her and her mom want her back.

“I will. Saturday for dinner? I want my ice cream and jelly be better prepared well.” Upon hearing his daughter request, his eyes sparkle and he can’t hide his wide grin anymore.

“Saturday night sound nice. Oh bring your girl also. She had pretty eyes smile. I’m proud of you.”

“Huh?”Taeyeon look dumbfounded after hearing her father’s statement. She have no clue who he was talking about.

“Aigo, don’t be shy, just bring her here okey?” Jaejoong nudge her while give her cheeky smile.

“How-how what-“ Who else she know had a pretty eyes smile? She also shock that her father accept her preference interest toward girl.

“how I can found all of this? What do you think when I know you sat at here?” Taeyeon still daze, thry to compose all information her father gave her. “This girl knock at my door and explain about everything and I just realize that I was wrong all this time. Lucky we have this angel to make us meet and make up again. You can’t let her go my child or I’ll hunt you down.” He said with serious tone cause Taeyeon gulp hard.

“Bu-But-“

“No more buts. Saturday night, bring her, I bet your mom will like her like I do.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


----

Taeyeon drive fast as her baby blue VW could bring her. She stop abruptly when she arrive at 20 tall building and step out from her car. Slamming her door bit too hard, make a mental note to apologize with her car latter because there is someone who important to her and she want to get her back no matter what. half because she really sure about her feelings toward this girl and half because her father threat her and that is scary. Taeyeon run all her might to Tiffany’s apartment and when she arrive in front of her door, she impatiently knocking the door. Tiffany who lied down on her couch while watching TV hear that annoyed knock cause her groan and stood up lazily.

“I hope this person bring me joy.” when she opened the door, Taeyeon jump on her and hug her tightly.

“Tae-Taeyeon?”

“Thank you. Really….Thank you.” Taeyeon snuggle closer amaze that their body could fit against each other. After moment, Tiffany slowly lift her hand up and rest it on Taeyeon’s small waist, inhaling the short hair girl’s body that could make her relax and calm.

“It’s nothing Taeyeon-ah. I’m sorry because of my clumsy and sillness cause you hurt.” Taeyeon shook her head and smile on Tiffany’s hair.

“I never blame you Tippany. I’m really thankful because of you, me and my father’s problem solve.”

“Glad to hear that.” Like forever, they don’t want to pull away from each other hug but, when they realize they were on awkward position, both of them quickly pull away and smile shyly toward each other.

“Hi, Tae E, glad that I finally meet you.” Tiffany suddenly extend her hand and flash her eyesmile to Taeyeon.

“My name is Tiffany Hwang Mi Young. Let’s know each other in real life.”































































































3 month later



“Hey You!” Someone shout so loud out of no where cause people around that street stop from what are they doing and search for where that sound came from. It turn out to be no other then the owner of Moon Mushroom Jewelry, Hwang Tiffany.

“What?!” Someone across shout back with annoyed written all her face. Tiffany grin widely before she lift both her hand and make a big shape heart over her head plus her eyes smile cause people around there speechless. Not want to lose, the other person turn her head around, avoiding that adoreable scene. Tiffany didn’t give up easily, she still have another trick.

“TaeTae-ah~ Saranghae!” Tiffany sway her upper body from left to right, right to left, showing her cute present. The other person who cross her arms and earlier look annoyed can help but slowly let her lips twitch up and finally rip apart revealed her white perfect teeth. It’s always been like this. She don’t know why but she can’t angry with this person more than 2 days. She uncross her hand and make heart shape, replying the other girl’s heart.

“Me too~” both of them busily show their affection, forget that pairs of eyes watch them in different state. Taeny Moment that they usually known as bickering and shout toward each other now turn 180 degree in to sweet one.

“Is this really Taeny moment?” one of people on street ask her boyfriend.

“I guess they change their concept because they hurt their throat too much?”

“I think so, but it still adoreable.”

“it’s true, lovely dovely Taeny are not bad.” People around them who hear their comment nodded in agreement and smile, silently adore the duo who show their love on public.

“Pha~ny~” Taeyeon extend her hand across the road, hope that she could reach Tiffany but that’s impossible because the gap between her and Tiffany are two way road. Other than that, her workers try to pull her back to her shop. “Boss, we need to bake more before we open at 8.” Heechul said as he and Nichkhun try to drag her inside with much effort, they finally could shove her in.

“Unnie, we also need to open the shop. Oh please not that puppy eyes!” Junhyun and Hara groan tiredly as they try to shove Tiffany inside her shop while the girl keep looking at her back with puppy eyes, hoping that Taeyeon could jump out from her shop and run toward her and that’s impossible since Wooyoung lock Taeyeon inside her shop. All she could do is stand in front of the window and press both her hands and face on window.” Wooyoung shook his head and hit her sister’s head.”

“Ow, oppa, what’s that for?!” Taeyeon groan in pain while rub her head.

“Ya, back to your sense and bake the cake. Is not that you guys don’t meet again during lunch. Now go.” Taeyeon flash her dorky grin and scratch her head shyly.

“Hemm you’re right. Why I don’t think like that before.” she slowly walk back to kitchen humming random song and continue her job. Wooyoung sigh and continue to clean the floor with his mop. “girls and their hormone.”

.

.

.

.

end?