Hot Summer

Phone Call

Tiffany busily sketch her next summer design necklace but she always rip, crush it in to a ball, and throw it away on the floor. Her room was in mess now. She throw her pen and place her palm on her face. For this couple weeks she seems can concentrate of anything. She still on her thought cause her didn’t realize someone was knocking her door frame and stand at there quite long.

“Did I came on wrong time?” Tiffany look up and stood up quickly.

“Oh Yuri, you came. No, you came at the right time actually.” Tiffany smile and ask Yuri walk inside her office.

“Please sit.” Tiffany call her worker to bring them drinks and after her worker put down their drink, she bow politely before walk out from the owner office and close the door for them.

“So, straight to business, I want you appear on my magazine for next month issue.” Ignore that the room was in mess, when it comes to business, Yuri always professional and very responsible. No Different with Tiffany.

“Okey. what is your concept then?” they start to discuss their plan and after 2 hours they decided to call off the meeting.

“It’s nice to business with you.” both of the shook their hands and smile.

“Oh your eyes smile is beautiful. Tiffany.”Tiffany blushed and smile shyly. Yuri look around before she look back at the owner.

“looks like you need some air, wanna take a walk?”


---


This is the best day ever that Tiffany had in her life. DATE with Yuri is her long lost hope and she found it again, today. Both of them have a nice talk and smile never leave their lips.

“Ow my eyes.” Tiffany stop walking and bow her head while her hand fix her eyes. Kind like usual, Yuri approach Tiffany and look at her in worry.

“Are you okey?” Tiffany nod and continue to rub her eyes.

“Yeah it just something on my eyes, I think it’s a dust or something.” To the girl surprise, the taller girl cup her face and brought he lips near her eyes and blow it gently, hoping the dust will go away. This action cause tiffany’s face red even more. Their closeness didn’t help to calm her down. Yuri’s head slowly back away and smile.

“Better?”Tiffany was about to answer when suddenly Yuri call someone that she tried to avoid almost weeks.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany turn to her left sight where Yuri look at and she just realize her hand still on Yuri’s waist while the taller hands still on her face. she quickly retreat her hand and step back. “Uh, hey.” Taeyeon answer her cousin and smile back at her.

“What are you doing here?” Yuri asked while approaching Taeyeon and something caught her eyes. Her cousin is holding a transparent box that ‘Dorky Bakery’ print on it and inside is filled with variety cake.

“Oh, this.” Taeyeon tilt her head to her right side, signaling Yuri look at where she were looking at. Not far from where they standing, there was a poster that lead to summer festival.

 

‘HAPPY SUMMER FESTIVAL 2011’


“So that’s why you always busy for couple weeks? No wonder I don’t see you on your shop.” Yuri said while take a peak inside Taeyeon’s box.

“hey, no stealing. If you want go inside and buy it. there were also games and another interesting things inside. Well I have to go, see you inside.” Taeyeon said to Yuri before she take a look at Tiffany who also looking at her and quickly look away.

so that’s why I didn’t see you..you avoiding me.’ Tiffany thought. Since that incident, Tiffany never saw Taeyeon around and she also can’t focus with her job. Make it worse, Taeyeon had just cut her hair short and got it dyed on tip of her hair cause she looks more pretty and hot.

“Come on Fany, let’s go inside.” Yuri drag semi conscious Tiffany to that outdoor festival. At that festival there were so many stand from food, game, magic show, haunted house, everything that related summer was there. Both Yuri and Tiffany enjoy their time at there. They play games, watch magician skillfully show his tricks, and lastly they sit on empty bench that got provide for people to rest and eat.

“Oh really. I don’t know that.” Yuri said while laughing what Tiffany told her about latest issue she got from Jessica.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure she suffer enough.” They continue to chat for awhile. The feeling was great for both of them and not long after both of them were also feel hungry.

“I’m hungry, what do you want to eat Fany?” Yuri said casually. There were more comfortable to each other now. Tiffany put her fingertips on her lips while thinking and Yuri found that cute.

“Cute.” Tiffany look at her with confuse face.

“Pardon?”

“I said that you’re cute. Not only you had a beautiful eyes smile but your appearance and personality is cute and that’s make me more comfortable when I’m around you.” Yuri flash her deadly smile cause Tiffany laugh awkwardly, try to hid her pink cheeks.

“Uh yeah, so what do you want to eat?” Tiffany ask, changing the topic.

“Let take a look so we can choose what to eat.” Yuri suggest and the eye smile girl agree. They walk to the food court area where people sale variety foods and drinks. They stroll around and there is as situation where people have very long queue, or you can say it was chaos already. People cheer, and giggle cause Tiffany and Yuri got allure to see what’s going on.



---


“Noona I want the blue one!” a little boys request excited to get his blue balloon while stretch his arm upward. Taeyeon spare the blue one and give it to him. She patted his head and smile. “here you go.” That little boy smile widely and thank her.

“Well I don’t know that boy could call you noona since you are no different from him and the other kids.” Taeyeon turn around and smile warmly.

“well I just like them. They’re really sweet and innocent. Not like someone who can’t handle them.”

“Ha ha that’s funny. By the way, I just call view friend to help you out and since this is charity event they agree without paying but sorry I can’t get your favorite here.” Jessica said as she made a sad face. Is not that she can’t get Junsu from JYJ came here. She felt jealous and afraid that Taeyeon will not paying attention to her. Taeyeon rised her brow and ask, “you did?”

“Yes. Hyuna from 4 minute, Jo Kwon from 2am, Sunny and Hyoyeon from SNSD, lee sung gi oppa and Hyomin from T-ara. Sorry I can’t invite more.”

“No that’s amazing. Thank you Sica.” Taeyeon step forward and hug Jessica cause the girl blush in happiness.  She silently thank to God for that one miracle day, Taeyeon call her and ask if she want to join her on Summer Festival this year. She didn’t have to think twice for that because she also can promotion her magazine and do this Summer Festival for her next issue. Here she is, she know her sacrifice got paid and a hug from Kim Taeyeon is enough for her.

“Boss we short of help here!” Taeyeon release Jessica from her thankful hug and said that she will help her worker for moment while she hand Jessica the rest of her balloons.

“Okey where is Wooyoung?” Taeyeon approach her workers while wearing her cute apron.

“Oh doing his business. You know he eat too much last night.” All of them laugh and continue their works. Not long after, couple cars pull aside revealed Jessica’s helping squad. People start to shouting and screaming when they saw their idol in such distance.

“Hey, thank you for coming guys.” Jessica walk toward them while give them hug and lead them to Taeyeon’s booth.

“This is Taeyeon, she is the one who you guys need to help.”

“thank you for coming. It’s such a honor for me and my workers. Please wait, let me get you guys another apron.” Taeyeon excuse herself and walk back to get another apron for hallyu stars.

“Unnie, she is pretty.” Hyuna said, teasing the older one.

“Yeah, maybe I should ask her out after this.” Jo kwon said caused Jessica send him dead glare.

“Don’t you guys dare to lay hands on her or you guys are so dead.” Sung gi warned those two after seeing Hellsica start to wake up. Before Jessica could say anything, Taeyeon just came in time to save them, just in time. All of them start to line up and wave to their fans.

“Okey here the highlight. We have our guest here to help us sell our product and of course half of our proceeds will be donated to an orphanage. Shall we get ready guys?” the crowd shouted all of their voice out, feel lucky that they came today. They start to line up accordance with their idols. Everything is under control, idols diligently selling their goods, the workers prepare more cake and bread, the owner and the CEO who help her stand at the corner, observe the situation.

“This is beyond our plan. It’s too good.” Taeyeon smile happily. Jessica copying the owner’s action and nod, “yeah look at them, this is priceless.”

“I think we should celebrate it latter.”Jessica nod, agree about celebrating their hard work for almost 2 weeks.

“Come, lets help them.” Taeyeon reach out her hand and take Jessica along with her. they go to get more bread and cupcakes. Their customers were no joke and Taeyeon felt relief because she made so much stock for her beloved customer and all her work got paid by headache. Taeyeon put down her box and sigh. She didn’t get sleep well for last 2 days and the weather not friendly like the other days. Today is freaking hot.

“Taeyeon-ah, are you okey? You look pale.” Jessica approaching her and with her sleeve, she wipe the latter’s sweat from her forehead gently. Taeyeon shook her head and thank Jessica for helping her.

“Jessi?” Both Jessica and Taeyeon turn around to see Yuri and Tiffany standing view steps away from them.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Cheers for our hallyu starts and Dorky Bakery!” everybody rise their glass high and make a group cheers. They just finish their last Summer Festival and everybody feel happy. They were at Sponge Club owned by Im Yoona, another of Taeyeon’s best friend. Yoona is good enough to empty her club just for Taeyeon and her crew celebrating their wonderful task. She also told that Taeyeon just have to pay half for tonight and she really happy because Taeyeon bring her handsome workers and starts to her club.

Jessica look around while dodge people who dancing wildly, searching for her crush and there, she spot her got cornered by one of her friend. “So Taeyeon, do you want to go out with me?” Sunny said as she make a finger walk on Taeyeon’s right arm, up to her shoulder cause her shiver and blushed. Taeyeon’s back got press hard on the wall while Sunny’s left hand press against the wall trapping the taller girl.

“Uh…”

“I know you have a crush on me back there and I’m sorry you just too cute to me and cute is not my type.” Sunny pause, biting her lips and smile seductively before she continue. “But now…” she brush Taeyeon’s bang away with her hand travel down to her neck and stop at her collarbone, drawing circle at there. Taeyeon gulp hard and try to breath normally. True she had a slight crush on Sunny, but that was years ago and now she just pure admire her as an idol. “You’re hot and tempting.” Taeyeon shift uncomfortable when Sunny draw her face closer to her and she hope someone coming to help her.

“Taeyeon, Yoona is calling- oh my…sorry!” Jessica stopped and turn around. Sunny quickly pull away and cough awkwardly. “Uh it’s okey, we can continue it latter.” Sunny wink at Taeyeon and leave them alone. Taeyeon sigh in relief and walk to Jessica.

“Hey there. Why is Yoona looking for me?” Jessica turn around and smile at her.

“No Yoona never looking for you. it was me.” Taeyeon rised her brow and she just realize Jessica doing this for helping her. her lips curve in to small smile.

“hey let’s get some drink shall we?”


------


Tiffany using her finger tips to trace her glass lazily, feel bored. She don’t know why she agree to came here along. It’s because her best friend ask her to came along or there’s Yuri who she crush for years, or she simply came here just to see someone that she didn’t see almost 2 weeks and nowhere to be found. She let out heavy sigh and pout.

“feel bored?” Tiffany turn around and found Yuri just came and sit beside her. Tiffany flash her eyes smile and shook her head.

“no, it just I don’t have someone to talk. No one want me.” Tiffany fake a hurt face cause Yuri laugh at her.

“So, I’m here now, care to share what is your problem miss??” Yuris said, play along with Tiffany. Tiffany drink everything in her glass before slam it on table and act drunk.

“Well, I’m the most beautiful mushroom in this word you know but people just see me as a mushroom, no more.” She act like she is in deep depression and drunk badly cause her body sway from left to right and Yuri continue laughing at her.

“Well how was that?” Tiffany stop acting and smile at Yuri. Yuri give her two thumbs up and flash her killer smile.

“JESSICA!” both of them turn to who shout at certain name and saw Jessica running out from restroom to the front door, crying and got followed by Taeyeon who look panic. Thank’s to those loud music and dim lights so the other can’t hear and see what’s going on except those four. Before Taeyeon could pass the door, someone grab her hand and jerk her cause her to face that person.

“What are you doing to her?” Yuri asked with angry tone and cold face.

“Oh not now Yuri please help me to find her now. I’ll explain to you later, quick!” Taeyeon don’t need to tell Yuri twice because before she knew it Yuri dash out and disappear in front of her. Taeyeon was about to turn around when someone call her name.

“Taeyeon.” Taeyeon look up and meet those alluring deep brown eyes that she tried to avoid with all her might almost 2 weeks. And from the way her name roll out from Tiffany’s tongue make her knee weak.

“We have to ta-“

“There’s nothing to talk about.” Taeyeon cut her and look away.

“Look about that night-“

“What night? I thought both of us agree to forget about that night and I do, so there’s nothing to talk about okey?” Taeyeon was about to walk away but strong and firm hand grab hers, not wanted to let her go. Taeyeon sigh and look up, “Look I don’t blame you about what you do to me that night and if you still feel guilty about that night then don’t. I don’t need your pity or whatever it is. Now if you don’t mind please let go of my hand because I have something more important to do rather than standing here with you and doing nothing except seeing your face.”  Tiffany loosen her grip and stare at Taeyeon who start to walk away from her sight.

“You like Jessica don’t you?” her words cause Taeyeon stop abruptly for second before she dash out from that club, leaving Tiffany behind without answering her question.



TBC