Time

77 Words

    Time heals all wounds. At least, that’s what people told him. Changmin wasn’t so sure. He was pretty sure time just made everything worse, but you got better at hiding your pain.
    He hated everything. Hated the fact that Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun were gone. He hated the fact that they were successful as JYJ. He hated the fact that he missed them.
    Changmin missed Yoochun most of all. He was closest to Yoochun, because Yoochun treated him like an equal, not just a little brother.
    “Changmin? What are you doing?” Yunho pushed open Changmin’s bedroom door.
    “Nothing,” Changmin replied as he slammed down the top of his laptop.
    “This would a hell of a lot less awkward if I had caught you watching .” Yunho perched on the edge of the bed. “I miss them too, but we can’t keep torturing ourselves.”
    “It’s just…” Changmin faltered. “I want to make sure they’re alright and the only way I can do that is by watching concerts and fan meets and press conferences.”
    “I know. Move over and I’ll watch it with you. I’m really worried about Jaejoong. Do you think he’s been losing weight?”
    “He’s about to disappear. We need to talk to them.” Yunho stretched out on Changmin’s bed as Changmin opened the laptop. He started the concert over from the beginning.
    They watched their friends in silence. Changmin scooted closer to Yunho and Yunho simple wrapped his arm around the younger man. Changmin in turn rested his head on Yunho’s shoulder. He wished Yoochun was in Yunho place.
    “Min? You okay?” Yunho asked. He felt Changmin’s tears seep through his t-shirt.
    Changmin shook as the tears streamed from his eyes. “I love him, hyung. I love him and I miss him.”
    “I know. I know. It’s going to be alright Min.” Yunho pulled Changmin closer. He took a deep breath, holding in his own tears.
    “I should have told him before he left. I should have begged him to stay.”
    “No, that wouldn’t have help. They made their decision. And we made ours. It’s not forever. It’s just for now.” It broke Yunho’s heart to Changmin this hurt. “It’s only a matter of time before we see them again.”
    “Do you think he loved me?” Changmin asked earnestly.
    “I don’t know. I know he cared very deeply for you. I just don’t know if it’s the same kind of love you feel for him.” Yunho rubbed Changmin’s shoulder. “Don’t think too hard about. We’ll see them again soon.”
    “How soon?”
    “Soon. I can’t say when, exactly, but soon.”

    Days, weeks and eventually months passed. Changmin let himself get wrapped up in work, trying to forget the hurt that dogged his everyday life.
    He even decided to move into his own apartment. He just needed more alone time than living with another person allowed.
    He was finishing his shower when he heard a knock on his door.
    “Hey,” Yoochun said sheepishly when Changmin opened the door.
    “Hey,” Changmin replied, shocked. He opened the door wider. “Come on in.”
    Yoochun stood awkwardly in the foyer, staring at Changmin. “You’re looking good.”
    “Thanks. You too.” Changmin eyed Yoochun suspiciously. “Do you need anything?”
    “I just wanted to see you. We- I missed you.”
    “You’re the one that left,” Changmin said curtly.
    “I know. I don’t regret leaving the company.”
    “That’s obvious. Do you regret letting Yunho and me get tossed under the bus? Do you regret the we’ve waded through from people who used to respect us? Do you regret all the that has been thrown in Yunho’s face? The death threats? The stalkers?” Changmin’s anger bubbled to the surface.
    “Of course I did! Do you really think we’re heartless? Jaejoong cries every night. It’s worse when he’s drunk. I’ve really missed you.”
    “Is that why you’ve been ignoring me so much?”
    Yoochun crossed the room and cupped Changmin’s face in his hands. Yoochun pressed his lips to Changmin’s, stealing a gentle kiss.
    “I sorry,” he murmured. He pressed his forehead against Changmin’s. “I’m sorry. I wanted to call. I was just afraid you wouldn’t want to talk to me.”
    “Or course I wanted to talk to you. I love you,” Changmin whispered back. He kissed Yoochun again. And again.
    Changmin pushed Yoochun to the sofa and straddled his lap. He fumbled with the buttons of Yoochun’s shirt, swearing under his breath.
    “Changmin?” Yoochun questioned.
    “Shut up. Don’t over think this.” Changmin pushed the shirt off Yoochun’s shoulder. Changmin slid from the sofa and settle between Yoochun’s knees. He slid his hands up Yoochun’s thighs. The jeans were easier to unfasten than the shirt was.
    “Not… Not like this, Changmin.” Yoochun pulled Changmin to his feet.
    “Don’t you want me?”
    “Of course. But not as just a sloppy on the sofa. Show me to your room. Let me worship you.”
    Changmin took Yoochun’s hands in his and lead him to the bedroom. There was a tiny voice in the back of his head that told him this was a bad idea. That it would only make the separation worse, but he didn’t care.
    Time couldn’t heal the pain in his heart; only Yoochun could do that.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! Please request words and pairings. I need more inspiration!