Brother

77 Words

    Yoohwan took a deep breath. He was over-excited and didn’t want the nervous energy to cause him to make a mistake. Yoochun had been away on tour for the better part of a month and Yoohwan was happy to have his brother home. He would never admit it out loud, but he missed Yoochun a lot when he was away on tour.
    With the table full of all Yoochun’s favorite foods, Yoohwan went to the bookshelf which housed all the DVDs and picked out a few choice movies.
    Yoochun stumbled through the door, exhausted and ready for bed. He dropped his bag on the floor and climbed the stairs to his room. He collapsed on his bed.
    He was almost sleep when Yoohwan jumped on the bed next to him. “I’ve missed you and you didn’t even let me know you were home.”
    “Sorry. I’m just really tired.” Yoochun stifled a yawn.
    “Well, come downstairs and eat. I got all your favorites. And we could watch a movie.” Yoohwan hugged Yoochun tighter as he spoke.
    “Okay. Let me just shower first.” Yoochun pushed himself up and dragged his exhausted body to the bathroom to shower. He just wanted to sleep, but he knew how much Yoohwan wanted to spend time with him.
    Yoohwan had set up the movie and was lounging in the living room when Yoochun finally stumbled out of the shower. Truth be told, the shower helped him wake up a little and when he saw all the food, he was instantly starving.
    They watched the first movie and ate quietly. Yoohwan changed the movie over. He settled back on the sofa. pulling Yoochun’s legs on to his lap.
    “What do you want?” Yoochun asked.
    “What do you mean ‘what do I want’? I just want to spend time with my brother.” Yoohwan acted offended.
    “You’re only ever this nice to me when you want me to do something for you. So, let’s skip the games and you can tell me what you want.”
    “Nothing. I want nothing.” Yoohwan slumped back against the sofa.
    “Yoohwannie, talk to me.”
    “It’s stupid. I don’t want to talk.” He tried to sink father into the sofa. He didn’t want to admit anything to Yoochun; least of all his attraction to Junsu. He wasn’t ever sure if Yoochun knew he was gay or bi or what ever the hell he was.
    “Come here and talk to me.” Yoochun pulled Yoohwan down to his chest. “Lay here with me and talk to me.”
    “I think I like Junsu,” Yoohwan confessed slowly.
    “No. I’m not setting you up with my band mate.”
    “But what about you and Jaejoong? You two are together…”
    “Not really. What Jae and I do is different. It’s a comfort thing. Not a real relationship.”
    “So, you won’t even see if Junsu likes me?”
    “No. I already know he won’t and he’ll be freaked out by it.”
    “Why?” Yoohwan asked softly. “Because I’m a guy? Or because I’m your baby brother?”
    “Yes. And because Junsu doesn’t do causal anything.”
    Yoohwan pulled away from his brother angrily. “Who said it would be causal? Just because you and Jaejoong do the causal thing doesn’t mean that’s what I’d want.”
    “Please just drop it,” Yoochun sighed.
    “Fine. What ever, I’ll talk to Junsu myself.”
    “Yoohwannie, please. I know Junsu better than anyone, probably better than he knows himself. I don’t want to see either of you hurt.”
    Yoohwan laid back down slowly. “Set us up on just one date? Please? Just dinner and I’ll take it from there.”
    “Okay. Fine. I’ll set up a dinner date. Don’t ever say I’ve never done anything for you.”
    Yoohwan smiled and hugged Yoochun tighter. His heart felt lighter and was elated that Yoochun would help him. “Thank you so much! I love you.”
    “I love you too. I just hope the whole ‘I miss you when you aren’t here’ thing wasn’t a ruse to get me to set you up with Junsu.”
    “It wasn’t. I really do miss you when you’re not around.”