Official?

Kimi To Kaze To Mikazuki

 

It was dawn when Tomohisa woke up. The blinking numbers on his digital alarm clock told him so. He would have shifted on the bed but realized that there was someone beside him. More specifically that someone was using his chest as a pillow. Stretching a little, he clicked on the bed side lamp just to get some light. He couldn’t keep the stupid smile climbing up his face and just had to do one thing. Leaning over he stole a kiss from Maki’s pretty little mouth. It was so amusing that Maki only sighed in her sleep in response and actually shifted closer to him. Oh man. It was as if his heart was going to erupt from his chest. It didn’t matter that that was the cheesiest thought he ever composed in his mind, he just knew it was true.

Now he wasn’t able to go back to sleep. He didn’t know how long it took; just that he spent that morning just looking at Maki, continuing to be vexed by her moist lips. And how could someone look so y when sleeping? When he came to, it was already early morning. As much as he hated doing so, he had to have his fair share of coffee in the morning. Plus, with Maki being so close, him feeling her warmth, he had no idea if he could stop himself doing something a little more. With the greatest care, he eased away from Maki’s grasp, getting up from bed before wrapping the blanket around the beautiful sleeping woman.

It was no surprise that his grandmother was already up and drinking her coffee when he came to the kitchen.

“Ohayo.” Yamaa-san smiled softly at him, as if she knew something he didn’t want her to know.

“Ohayo obaa-chan.” He said softly, as though he was careful not to step on a landmine. The same knowing smile was still on the old woman’s face and he was feeling uneasy about it.

Acting as if nothing has changed, he went over to the coffeemaker, making his black. He could feel the old woman staring at him from the back and when he turned, she had this wide smile on her face.

“I’m glad Mirai is alright, I got to talking to her last night once I convinced Ryosuke that he needed to head on home.” Yamaa-san said. But Tomohisa knew that wasn’t the only reason she had that smile on her face. It was as if a household call suddenly came because three doors opened simultaneously; Maki’s bedroom door, Mirai’s bedroom door and the front door revealing Ryosuke. Tomohisa turned to his grandmother with an accusing eyebrow raise but Yamaa-san raised her hands in defense. She hadn’t planned this. Tomohisa looked at Maki, then to Mirai and then to Ryosuke who was slowly climbing the stairs. He knew that Maki wanted to talk to Mirai since the former didn’t get to last night. Standing up, he approached Ryosuke and placed a hand on the guy’s shoulders. “Ryou, why don’t we let the sisters talk first? Come and show me around town…”

“Uh sure…”

Tomohisa steered the younger man away but not before turning to look over at Maki who sent an appreciative smile his way.

Being a few weeks in Chiba, Tomohisa didn’t really need a tour from Ryosuke. But since the latter was the one Mirai asked for last night, Maki wasn’t able to talk to her younger sister and he knew Maki’s heart wouldn’t be at peace until she comforted her sister.

Ryosuke was a smart kid and probably knew what he was up to.

“Ne, so how was Mirai last night?” Tomohisa asked the younger man. They’d reached the central part of town where people were buzzing for a good Saturday morning.

Shrugging, Ryosuke breathed in, fixing his hair out of his eyes. “I know she was really scared. I mean who wouldn’t be after what happened? And her friend almost died. That’s enough trauma for one night.”

Tomohisa could see the genuine worry in Ryosuke’s face, noticeable with how the younger one fidgeted with the pocket of his jeans. The people around were increasing in number and some even greeted Ryosuke with cheerful smile son their faces. Reaching a corner street, Tomohisa saw and recognized a familiar face exiting a house. If he wasn’t mistaken, that girl was one of Mirai’s friends from last night. Like Mirai, the young woman looked as if she was distraught and didn’t have a wink of sleep last night.

The young woman stopped when she noticed them. And with a gentle but tired smile she bowed her head in greeting.

“Ohayo gozaimasu…” She greeted.

The two men mimicked her greeting as they came to a full stop.

“Ryosuke…” The girl, whom Tomohisa recognized as Suzuka, greeted. Ryosuke nodded his head as a reply before she continued saying something.

“I’m sorry we acted that way…” She started.

Tomohisa had no idea what Suzuka was talking about but let her continue.

“If it helps, Suzuka couldn’t really enjoy last night because she was thinking of you.” With a turn of her heel, Suzuka entered her house.

Tomohisa turned to the younger man beside him but saw that Ryosuke didn’t want to talk about it. So h shrugged his shoulders more so to himself then put a comforting hand on Ryosuke’s shoulder. “Come on, I just realized we haven’t had breakfast yet…”

Not really knowing all the places around them, Tomohisa allowed Ryosuke to lead him to wherever establishment they could eat breakfast in.

They arrived at a small looking breakfast joint, bringing a homey kind of feel to it.

“Irashaimasen!” A voice greeted from inside when Ryosuke opened the door, causing the bell to ring.

Tomohisa noticed a young man, about his age, behind the counter, wearing a neat old chef’s uniform. The young man smiled at them and waved, gesturing for them to sit down at the long table counter right in-front of him.

“I haven’t seen you in a while Ryosuke…” He said.

Of course with common courtesy, Ryosuke opened his mouth ready to introduce Tomohisa just before they sat when the young chef beat him to it.

“Ah, you’re Yamaa-san’s grandson right? Tomohisa?”

A little surprised, Tomohisa didn’t speak at first but finally came to and showed a small smile. “Ah hai, hajimemae…”

“Hajimemae, Kamenashi Kazuya desu…” The young chef stretched out his hand which Tomohisa accepted. “Anyways, what would you like to order?”

Ryosuke did the ordering, clearly knowing the food around them whilst Tomohisa took the time to looking at his surroundings. It was still early in the morning but many people were already at that small restaurant. The breakfast menu must be pretty good! Either that or people nowadays just get lazy with cooking. The funny thought caused Tomohisa to chuckle quietly to himself and when he turned he saw a small flyer posted just behind Kazuya who was busy taking Ryosuke’s order.  

 COME JOIN KURODA SCHOOL OF CULINARY ARTS!

YOUR STEPPING STONE TO BEING ONE OF THE COUNTRY’S

CELEBRATED FIVE STAR CHEFS!

He turned to Ryosuke just in time to see that the young man had finished ordering for them and was bowing his head in thanks to Kazuya.

“Ne Ryou…”

“Mm, what is it Tomo-nii?” Ryouske piped up once he faced the older man.

It wasn’t an easy question for Tomohisa to ask so he said it as cautiously as possible. “Anou, how are your savings for culinary school?”

He could tell it wasn’t good from the way Ryosuke’s face fell. The younger man’s smile was slowly fading until it turned to one with no humor. “Maa, it’s hard. I mean, Yamaa-san pays me well but it isn’t enough…” Ryosuke placed his chin on top of his hand. “I guess I’ll just have to give up on that dream then…”

There was a moment that Tomohisa’s heart sank as he looked at the boy. No one deserved to have their dreams crushed just like that. He knew. Their orders came in just a couple of minutes.

Tomohisa took the first bite of his omurice and felt his eyes zone out because it was so damn delicious! He took another bite just to make sure that he wasn’t dreaming before turning to Kazuya who was expectantly waiting for his reaction.

“This is amazing!” He complimented. No wonder people were already packed there so early in the morning. The food was just good! Kazuya nodded his head appreciatively before tending to his other customers. Tomohisa continued with his food when he saw a familiar face descending the backstairs of the restaurant. That familiar person saw him too and was the first one to greet.

“Ohayou Tomohisa!” Erika greeted, waving her hand at him.

“Ohayou…” He greeted back but then confusedly turned to Ryosuke then looked to where Kazuya was standing. Then he turned back to Erika. “I didn’t know you lived here…”

“The chef’s my boyfriend.” Erika happily declared smiling at Kazuya who noticed them talking and waved back. She turned again to Tomohisa then patted the smiling Ryosuke’s back. “So where’s my best friend?” She asked.

Was it required that he was always with Maki or something? Tomohisa cleared his throat, laying down his chopsticks on the table. “Uh, she’s at home with Mirai…”

“Mm, so no progress with you two yet?” Came Erika’s straightforward answer. Tomohisa opened his mouth to say something but Ryosuke himself had to say something too.

“I saw them together last night!”

“Oooh! On a date?!” Erika asked excitedly.

Ryosuke shook his head no then came up with a better reply. “I saw them kissing on the couch!”

“Ryosuke!” Tomohisa growled but the fierce look in his eyes didn’t faze the younger one.

“Aha I knew it!” Erika squealed. She turned to Tomohisa with a sudden serious look on her face. “But I’m warning you Tomohisa, don’t hurt her alright?”

Gulping, Tomohisa nodded his head. Somehow he believed Erika would hurt him if he ever hurt Maki. But wait, were they really together now? 

 

=====================================

 

AN: Hi friends! Did you like the new chapter? Not much Yamaki or Yamashi here XD more YamaYama hehe <3 this fic is going to end in a few chapters though T_T please enjoy with me to the end!