Special Chappie: Jo Twin's Birthday (2014) - Part 2/3

Nae Pikwangchu!!

Candy's Dorm

Just one more.

One more day till the twin's 20th birthday. Sunhee inwardly sighed as she woke up from her not-so-good sleep last night and headed to the toilet to wash herself. Is it just her or is everything around seems so glum? Since the ferry tragedy incident, the variety shows and drama shootings have been put on pause; including Min unnie's first drama shooting; "Glorious Marriage with VIXX's Hongbin. Despite the tragedy itself, all idols have somehow take this chance to take a break , relax and be away from their schedules.

As for her members, they too went out with their friends and family, catching up with each other and all leaving Sunhee alone again in their dorm. Sunhee have thought about going back to Malaysia and see her family but her manager said otherwise. She have already booked her flight to Malaysia around July for a week and another in November.

Most of her idol friends are busy anyways, Heechul , Key and Amber are all busy in WGM Global. Kiseop would probably in the gym with Hoon exercising away even though he is already fit. Namjoo couldn't hangout because she's visiting her parents today and Yoon Woo has classes till evening. 


So to ease her boredom, she had started watched her one of her all time favourite show; Glee. She used to watched it every week without till season 4 and stopped for a while because she has been busy with Candy's debut and etc. A particular perfomance of from Glee's 100th episode caught her eye. "Defying Gravity" which was sung by Rachel, Kurt and Mercedes all together. It was originally a song from a musical "Wicked" sung by Idina Menzel which was her favourite song when she was a little girl mainly because her granmama taught her the lyrics of the song itself. 

Sunhee then decided to change her clothes and go to Starship for a bit to practice her singing and maybe do a cover or two. The company is nearby from their dorm so she decided to just walk there. Locking the door of her dorm, she keep the keys in her sling bag and walked into the elevator. Today was quite calming even though it was partly sunny as summer is coming up leaving spring behind. The lass has to admit that her spring 2014 has been quite plain and glum but hopefully she hoped that summer would pace things up. 

"Oh? Hee-ah.." 

A familiar voice made her snap out from her train of thoughts and tilt her head towards the voice. She smiled.

"Hey..." was all she said as the person nod curtly, both of them walked side to side towards one of the practice rooms. 

As the two of them walked, they met some of the other trainees, Fay and Jinwoon. They all greeted each other and Sunhee decided to let them join her to watch her practice merely because she doesn't want Sunho to ask her questions but too bad that didn't stop him from doing so.

"So how have you been?" He asked her, almost reaching the recording studio. Sunhee merely shrugged, "I'm perfectly fine as you can see.Sunho-ah." She said, as he opened the door and let her and the trainees in before he close the door behind him. "What song are you going to sing, Hee-sunbae?" Jinwoon asked as he and Fay sat on the bench.

"Oh you'll see."

She grinned as she put her sling bag on the bench, took out her phone and scrolled among her instrumental playlist; choosing the song that she have wanted to sing and let it all out. Sunho didn't interrupt her but joined with the other two trainees sitting on the bench. Sunhee stood in front of them and took a deep breath before she starts to sing.

"Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game
Too late for second chances
Too late to go back to sleep

It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap.....

It's time to try defying gravity.
I think I'll try defying gravity 
Kiss me goodbye 
I'm defying gravity

And you won't bring me down..." 

The 3 trainees clapped and cheered loudly as she started singing the next verse. 

"I'm through accepting limits
Cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try I'll never know

Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost

I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye 
I'm defying gravity 
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you won't bring me down.....

Sunhee sang the chorus again earning her another round of applause from the three. She and Sunho shared a moment looking at each other, he then smiled giving her a thumbs up. 

Bring me down...

Oooh~~~!"

And as she was finishing, she hits the high note and smiled after breathing out. 

"Whooo!!! Encore! Encore!" 

She bowed politely as a pang of nostalagia hit her reminding her of the first time she met the twins as trainees. Minwoo and Kwangmin were both shouting for an encore as well. 

She really missed those days. 

As Fay hugged her , she heard some clapping from the door making them all turn their attention towards the door. 

"Your voice is flawless as ever, Sue."

"........."

Like deja vu, she widened her eyes and suddenly a voice in her mind barges in,

"Wait, is that him? B-but it can't be. He's at Japan now. Omigod Sunhee, stop making your imagination fly high. Jo Kwangmin is in Japan and not Seoul" Sunhee quickly shut out the voice in her mind and bravely step out from the room. She looked around and saw no one. 

No one at all?

Guess that her mind really is playing games with her after all. She was about to turn herself and walk back into the practice room but a hand pulled her away before she can even scream. That person gave her a back-hug and whispered, "I've missed you so much."

Again, it's the voice that she yearns to hear the most. 

"Kwangmin?" 

The person turned her to face him and give her a peck at her cheek. "Bingo." He smiled, giving her another hug, resting his head against the crook of her neck. Sunhee hugged back, too speechless to say anything. She wanted to be angry, be mad at him because he had left her hanging. She feel like screaming at him for not calling her everyday unlike his other members; they do call her members and talk all night but not him.

He never did.

"W-what are you doing here? You have another single coming out next month." Sunhee stammered, still shocked with his presence. She already had tears b at her eyes.

Kwangmin shook his head, "I wanted to see you. That's why I came back." 

As soon as Boyfriend had arrived at Incheon Airport, the others went back to their dorm except for Kwangmin. He wanted to meet Sunhee and only her. He owed her a lot of things; especially an apology. He saw the post-it note at Candy's dorm that states where Sunhee is at that moment and thank goodness that their company is not far from their dorms. Without realizing, he is already running as fast as he can towards one of the practice rooms, knowing that she'll be there and he was right. She was start to sing and her vocals have improved a lot since he himself heard her sing. He was awed that he can only clap at the end of her perfomance. 

"Then why haven't you been calling me? Or at least text back? I know that you have a lot of schedules and all but if Minwoo can do it, why can't you?"

Silence was her reply and she is still in his arms. Sunhee wouldn't try to struggle and get free because it was no use. Kwangmin may look skinny but he is quite strong. In any girl's mind to get free from a guy's embrace, it would kicking him at where it hurts the most; Sunhee can even use one of her aikido tricks but now she just wanted a sincere answer from him.

"Answer me, Wan. Why?" She spoke calmly as she can be by calling him by his nickname that only she can call him . "Everyone texted us at least. Even Youngmin texted Cookie about the concert that you guys went at Puerto Rico, but why not you?" She continued, then suddenly felt that his embrace around was loosened and he let her go but now his eyes now staring at her brown orbs as if he's seeing through her, observing every bit of her face, and sighed. 

"I'll tell you why. If I texted you, I wanted to see your megawatt smile. If I saw your megawatt smile, I wanted to hold you in my arms. And if I wanted to hold you..." He paused, locking his gaze towards his girlfriend , leaning in closer to her. The latter was somehow paralyzed, unable to move as he kissed her on the lips. She didn't want to kiss him back, slightly remembering that she should be angry at him but his lips was  pleading her to do the same and Sunhee finally gave in with her arms hugging his neck bringing him closer.

Then, they both broke the kiss and breathe for some air and Kwangmin continued,

"I might just not be able to control myself." He smirked, kissing her forehead softly. "I really love you No Sunhee and if we're part from each other, not seeing is just painful as seeing you from afar." 

Sunhee only stared at him for a good few minutes before firing at him back. "Seriously, we've been apart for a lot of times since we both debuted. What's your excuse?"

"But this time, it felt like forever." 

Sunhee cannot seem to argue with him this time, maybe she's already giving in to surrender or just too tired to fight for trying to make him guilty even more than he is now. Sure, everyone deserves a second chance.

"Alright, you're forgiven....but please don't do this to me anymore."

Kwangmin nodded, and gave her another bear hug. 

"I promise."