So it was you.

Unforgettable Promises.

Chapter eight: So it was you.

Minho’s POV

(flashbacks) “Minho.. We’ll see eachother again right? Maybe when we’re famous singers or sports stars?” Yuri asked. “We will, I pinky promise Yul.” I handed out my pinky and Yuri did the same. Their pinkies intertwined and soon they let go. Yuri’s mum’s car had arrived. They both knew that it was the last, at least for a long time. “Im sorry, I don’t have any present for you..” Yuri said apologetically. “Its alright, but instead, can we make another promise? When we see eachother next time, you have to be my girlfriend okay?” I asked. Yuri giggled and blushed, then she held out her pinky once again. “Okay.”

Yuri, who looks just like my bestfriend Yuri. Its probably just a coincidence—with the same name and age. Yuri noona, the senior trainee looked very pure and beautiful, she was always smiling.

“So what have you named me in your contacts?” I asked.  “Froggie Minho is what I named you..” Yuri noona replied.  “Why?” I asked. “Because you have huge eyes, like a frog.” She said.

“Theres this person I really wish to see, I really miss him. It hurts me to think about him. He was such a perfect friend.” She began. “The movie we were watching, it reminded me of him so much, we separated such a long time ago but I still remember his personality. I just miss him a lot.” Yuri explained.(end of flashbacks)

“Ever since I first saw you, I fell in love with you but I knew that you never liked me, it was obvious. But after those years Im building up the courage the confess to you, think about it, your bestfriend is not coming back for you! You guys were just little children, he probably has a girlfriend and went on with his life, unlike you Yuri. You need to forget him!”(what he had heard just then)

So Yuri is the Yuri… Now I just need to confirm it with her… That’s it. I couldn’t hold it any longer so I quickly walked up to them, breaking their conversation. “Minho what are you doing here?” Yuri noona asked.

Yuri’s POV

Nichkhun’s right, Im such an idiot. “Youre right Khun.” I murmured. “So go out with me, I’ll be the best boyfriend you’ll ever have Yuri.” Khun muttered. Ive never felt him more than friends. “Look Khun, you’re--” My sentence got cut by Minho’s sudden appearance. “Minho what are you doing here?” I asked. He then grabbed my hand. “Minho!” I yelled. “Yuri, I need to talk to you, its important and private.” He said as he glared at Khun. He didn’t say ‘noona’ at the end of my name. I just looked at him. “Hey back off, we were in a conversation!” Khun exclaimed. “Well, I have something far more important to say.” Minho said angrily and pulled me and he started running, which made me run. After all the running, we arrived at the beautiful han river. “Minho!” I yelled his name. He looked at me with teary eyes. He touched my hair, my cheeks, my shoulders, my arms, then lastly, to my hands. “Yuri.” He smiled. “What?” I asked feeling confused. “Its you isn’t it? I found you.” He said. “What are you talking about?!” I asked again. “Its Minho.” He spoke. “Of course you’re Min--” Then the tinge came to me. Minho. I quickly opened up my bag and looked for the necklace, then I realised, it was in my drawer at home. “The Minho who I made unforgettable promises to? The Minho I used to be bestfriends with? The Minho Ive wanted for the past years of my life?” I asked hesitantly. “Yes. Its me Yuri, you’re bestfriend.” He smiled. I couldn’t believe it, it really was him wasn’t it…? “I don’t have my shell necklace, its in my drawer at home.” I murmured. His eyes were now teary, like mine. “You still kept it? Poodle.” He said. “You froggie.” I muttered and smiled. “Do you know how much Ive missed you? I much Ive waited?” I asked while the tears fell down.  Then he wrapped his arms around me. “You’ve changed Yuri.” He whispered. “You’ve changed as well.” I whispered back. “But you’re still the bright, cheerful, beautiful Yuri I know.” He said as he pulled out of the hug. “You’re still the nice, handsome Minho I know.” I said and grinned.

Minho told me how he found out that I was his bestfriend Yuri. He also told me about his elementary school days, we caught on with eachothers’ lives…

“Yuri…” Minho called my name without the noona. “Yes, Minho?” I asked. “The second promise we made, I know that we were heaps young but Ive already fallen for the new Yuri.” He explained. “Minho…” I called out his name. I didn’t have lovey-dovey feelings towards him but I could already feel the ‘more than friendship’ feeling towards him. “Do you like Nichkhun-sshi?” He asked. “No, I like him as a friend but nothing else.” I replied simply. He nodded. “I cant exactly ask you out can I…” He asked. “Minho, when I kissed you earlier, I meant something for you, I had feelings for you—I just didn’t know if I could love you because I thought you were someone else. But now I know that you’re the Minho Ive been waiting for, I can… accept you.” I said, which was embarrassing to say. Then he stood me up and held my hands. “I love you, Ive never said that to anyone, besides the friends and family. Be my girlfriend, or you would be breaking the promise.” He chuckled. I took a deep breath. “Be my first and last boyfriend Choi Minho, but not now.” I said and his smile faded. “Why?” He asked. “I love you too and Ive never said that to anyone as well, besides the friends and family but… Ive been a trainee in SM entertainment for the past 5 years of my life, everyday to me was hard work, the sweat, the injuries, the tears and its still going on today. I always hope that one day everything will pay off and I can become a famous star. That’s my dream Minho. But dating you has a chance of ruining the painful 5 years Ive had. But promise me one thing, and you’re not allowed to forget it okay?” I asked after all the explaining. He nodded. “Ask me out when we’ve both debuted, I’ll be waiting for you. But until then, we stay as trainees, friends, bestfriends.” I put my pinky out to him. Then he put his pinky out as well, our pinkies interwined and it felt just like that time. “You’re right. Completely right, I shouldn’t have said that. Im sorry.” Minho apologised. “Its fine, Im sorry!” I apologised as well. “Minho, you’ll wait for me right?” I asked. He smiled. “Of course I will, but you better wait for me.” He smirked. I laughed. Then I reached out my hand to hold his. “Come on, its getting really late, lets go.” I said. “I’ll walk you home.” He smiled. “Minho you don’t know Seoul that well!” I exclaimed. “Aha alright. I’ll drop you off by your bus stop.” He smiled and I nodded.

Sooyeon’s POV

Jonghyun and I were the only ones left on the bus. “So...” He cleared his throat. I smiled. “Can we just tell everyone that we’re dating?!” I blurted out. Jonghyun looked at me frowning but smiling. “Well, how do we announce it?” He asked. “Actually lets just keep it a secret moment.” I smiled. Then he chuckled. “Sooyeon..” Jonghyun murmured. “Yeah?” I asked. “When do you think you’re going to debut?” He asked. I sighed. “I don’t know Jonghyun.” I replied. “Cheer up trainee sunbaenim.” Jonghyun smiled. “Can I pick you up tomorrow morning?” He asked. “I would love that, but I would have to leave my sister first.” I spoke. “No you don’t, I asked if Jinri can walk to the building with her.” He spoke. I laughed. “Alright mister. I’ll text you.” I said, standing up to get off the bus. “Wait, Sooyeon!” Jonghyun called and grabbed my arm. Then he pulled me in his embrace, and his lips touched my cheek. I immediately blushed. “Goodnight.” He smiled and I got off the bus..