the confession.

Unforgettable Promises.

Chapter five: The confession.

The next day.

Minho’s POV

My third training day had finally finished, today I was going to go to SM academy with everyone else. Everyone in the dance room was packing their things, including Yuri noona. She seemed very serious.. Most people had already packed up and had headed outside. “You guys, we’ll wait for you outside” Jonghyun spoke and he left Yuri noona and I alone. She was packing so I quickly grabbed my bag and walked towards her. “Hey..” I greeted. She gave me a quick glance before she continued what she was doing. “Hey Minho.” She spoke. Then all of a sudden, something dropped out of her bag. I didn’t see it clearly because she covered my view to pick it up. It seemed familiar.. “Must have been important.” I said. She finished packing and grabbed her bag. “Yeah, its like a good luck charm for me.” She replied. “Hey, lets go! You don’t want to be late for your first class do you?” She hit my arm softly and we walked out of the dance room together. Silence filled up the atmosphere on our way to the bus stop. “So, are you nervous?” She asked me. “Kind of.. You seem nervous or worried today..” I pointed out. She smiled. “How did you know?” She asked looking surprised. I shrugged my shoulders. “I have to sing today for this important assignment thing, you’ll be there.” She explained. So.. I get to hear her sing..? I’ll finally be able to hear her singing voice! “Oh, you’ll be fine! Fighting!” I said. “You guys, hurry up! The bus is just right there!” Kibum yelled as we were slowly walking. We both looked at eachother, eye to eye and laughed, then ran towards where everyone was. The bus stopped and we got on it. We weren’t the only ones on the bus, so many other SM trainees were there, including Taemin. I sat at the back with Jinki hyung.  Kibum sat with Sooyoung noona while Jonghyun hyung and Sooyeon noona were in the two-seaters. That left Yuri noona sitting on a seat with Taeyeon noona. Kibum looked at me and Jinki hyung and gave us a smirk. “What?” I asked. “You like Yuri don’t you?” He whispered in my ear. Jinki hyung also heard and gasped, while I was in shock. I don’t know if I like her?! I just like being around her, that’s all! “Youre blushing Choi Minho!” Kibum exclaimed and smiled. “I just like talking to her, that’s all.” I said honestly. He looked at me the turned to where Yuri noona was sitting. “Yul, Minho needs to talk to you! Taeyeon noona swap seats with Minho!’ Kibum yelled softly. WHAT?! SIT WITH YURI NOONA ON THE BUS?! “YAH! KIM KIBUM!” I whispered. “You’ll thank me, so swap now. And Jinki hyung, you don’t mind Taeyeon noona do you?” Kibum asked. “No..” Jinki hyung answered with a smile on his face. “Good.” Kibum smirked and turned around to face the front. I stood up and swapped seats with Taeyeon noona really awkwardly. “Hey, what did you need to tell me?” She asked. “Umm.. err… I just..” Think Minho, think! Then I saw her phone. “I wanted your phone number!” I blurted. She giggled, it was really cute~ “Of course! Give me your phone” She replied. I got my phone out of my pocket and handed it to her. She saved her number in my contacts. “Well, you’ll need a good photo of me there right?” She asked with cheer. I just chuckled, not knowing what to say. “I’ll do it when we get to academy~” She said and I nodded. Then she handed me her phone. “Can I have yours mister?” She asked. “Errrr.. yeah.. sure!” I agreed. I entered my number in then at the top, I had to write in my name. What do I write..? “What did you write as your name on my phone?” I asked. She giggled. “You can check it out yourself, while I make up a name for you in my contacts.” She said. I went to the contacts on my phone, ‘Yuri noona <3 <3 <3’ “Yuri noona love heart love heart love heart..?!” I read out. She chuckled. “Leave it like that please?” She asked with a little aegyo. My heart melted. And it kept on beating really loudly, remember Yuri, your bestfriend. Shes waiting for you somewhere in the world Minho. I reminded myself. “So what have you named me in your contacts?” I asked curiously.

Yuri’s POV

“So what have you named me in your contacts?” Minho asked. Froggie Minho. Thats what I named him, the bestfriend Minho.

-flashback (when Yuri and Minho (the bestfriend) were young)-

“Yuri noona, what animal do I remind you of?” Minho asked Yuri while they were building a sand castle. “Hmmm… I think you remind me of a frog! A froggie!” Yuri said. “Why froggie?” He asked. “Because you have huge eyes (A/N: He had big eyes when he was little.. I think)” Yuri explained. “Well.. You look like a poodle!” Minho spoke and laughed. “Why poodle?” Yuri pouted. “Because poodles are my favourite type of dog and theyre so adorable, sometimes your hair reminds me of a poodle you know.” Minho said. “Well.. Thank you! But from now on, Im going to call you froggie Minho!” She said. “Fine, I’ll call you poodle Yuri then!” Minho fought back and they kept on playing around with sand.

-end of flashback-

“Froggie Minho is what I named you..” I replied. Minho’s eyes widened.  “Why?” He asked. “Because you have huge eyes, like a frog.” I said.

Minho’s POV

“Because you have huge eyes, like a frog.” Yuri noona replied. That’s what my bestfriend told me. “Okay…” I spoke. I was in shock, personally I wanted to call her my poodle. But I couldn’t, I just couldn’t…

The bus stopped and all the trainees got off, Yuri noona looked as nervous as ever, “You’ll be fine.” I said. She grinned. “Thanks Minho.” She said and we went into the building together. SM academy was pretty big, it was pretty good, there were students crowded everywhere. A lot of people stared at us walking.. Maybe because I was new? “Omg its Kwon Yuri!” People whispered. Yuri noona? She ignored everyone and kept walking. “Shes really popular, Ive told you that.” Kibum reminded. “Well, she must be.” I said back.

Class had started and the teacher introduced himself to everything, then he announced. “The people who need to perform today can do it now.” I looked at Yuri noona, she was biting her lips. “Kwon Yuri, you’re up first.” The teacher spoke. As Yuri walked up, we made eye contact and I gave her a good smile. She smiled back. The music began and she began singing. She had a beautiful voice, the lyrics were touching.. No one would ever be as good as her.. Her high notes were perfect and the song slowly ended. Cheerful claps were made and Yuri noona had a smile on her face.

Sooyeon’s POV

Academy had FINALLY ended. Jonghyun and I separated from everyone else because we were taking to same bus, as usual. We sat on the seats at the bus stop, in the dark cold night. I was shivering and Jonghyun noticed. He took off his jacket and put it around me. “You don’t have to Jonghyun..” I murmured. “Its better than a guy getting cold than a girl right?” He chuckled. I gave him a smile. “Sooyeon noona, I need to tell you something.” He said, changing to his serious face. “I never noticed, but… I think Im in love with you. I know its weird, but I cant stop thinking about you and when you gave me advice and support for what happened to my singing the other day, I was so touched, for once I got support. Then I thought about the past year, it really has been great. And now… My heart is beating for you..” He confessed. “J-J-Jonghyun. We’ll break the rules..” I stuttered, from shock. Honestly, I think Im in love with him as well… “I know but I think I can only succeed if you’re next to me. So please, be my girlfriend.” He spoke…