And So It Begins

Hey! I Want You Back!

You woke up feeling cocooned in the comforter, and felt as if you’ve been buried under the pillows. There seemed to be a heavy weight on your head, waist, and legs.

You shifted slightly, curling up in a foetal position. You closed your eyes again, feeling too lazy to remove the weight from you.

You were just about to fall asleep again when you felt cool air getting inside the warm comforter; a pair of arms wrapping around your waist from your back; and a head snuggling the crook of your neck.

Your eye brows twitched. You threw your hands over your shoulder and pulled on the hair of your irritating brother.

“Ow!” he yelped as he tried removing your hands from his hair. “Why are you being such a to your only brother?” he whined.

“Well, you’re disturbing my sleep, Luhan!” you stopped tugging on his hair and pushed his head away. “Get lost. I want to sleep.”

“But dongsaeng… You’ve been sleeping for ten hours already. That’s not good for your body, more specifically, your brain. You’ll become stupid.”

He hugged you tighter and smiled mischievously.

He was silent for a while, and then you heard him singing the song that irritated you the most.

♫ I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you.
Won't you say you love me too ♫

‘Luhan you annoying piece of deceiving … ’

You felt downright annoyed now. Barney?! Seriously? You didn’t have anything against violet dinosaur lovers, but you just couldn’t understand why they love him. Since you were a kid, you've had a huge dislike for Barney. He looked scary to you and sounded gay. You turn off the TV whenever his show was on.

Luhan never ceased to be amused with your apparent dislike for it. In fact, when you were younger, he showered you with Barney collectibles, which always ended up being thrown back to his face or any other part of his body where it would hurt the most.

You felt the urge to sew his mouth shut, but talked yourself out of it. You tried to cool your temper. You were just going to ignore him and maybe he would leave you alone. Sleep overrides anything.

Luhan’s smile was wiped off his face when he saw that you were not responding to his taunts. He scrunched up his brows and thought of other things that would irritate you the most.

He laughed soundlessly when he was able to come up with one.

He swiftly leaned close to your cheek and gave it a wet, open-mouthed kiss.

You opened your eyes and quickly sat upright, looking horrified.

You could feel the wetness on your cheek and silently prayed to God that at least, Luhan should already be done brushing his teeth. If he didn’t, he was going to die by your hands, brother or not.

You stared at his annoying smiling face, and you couldn’t stop yourself from hitting him repetitively on his upper arm.

The evil oppa just laughed out loud and ran away from your room.

“Come back here, you punk! Ugh! How dare you do this to me?!”

You took calming breaths, and decided to remove yourself from the bed since you wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep anyway.

You went over to your closet to get fresh set of clothes, and decided to take a bath; getting ready for the day.

Luhan was wrong when he said you had been sleeping for ten hours. In fact, looking at the time, you only got four hours of sleep. The events from last night kept on plaguing your mind.

You sighed heavily.

You kept on telling yourself that you should be happy for him. His happiness should be yours. Besides, you’ve only been together for three months. So why did you feel burning jealousy when you saw him with another woman? That’s right. You had already come to terms with the fact that you were insanely jealous of that sickening, drop dead gorgeous girl, who had her arms around Lay last night.

You had also come to terms with the fact that you didn’t want to see him with any other woman. Your heart was not yet ready to accept that Lay was moving on. 

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

 

“Mei Hua, tell me, did you hack my twitter account?” Lay’s voice sounded low and angry over the phone.

“Mmm. Would there be any other person who would do that?” Mei Hua groggily said. She was woken up by Lay’s incessant calling.

Lay was silenced. How Mei Hua could sound as if nothing was wrong, made his temper rise at an alarming rate.

“Lay? You still there? If you’re just gonna act like a mute freak over the phone, I’m hanging up.”

“You opened my account, had an imaginary bull conversation with your own! Are you out of your mind?!” he fiercely said.

“Lay, you’re such a killjoy. Maybe that’s why your girlfriend left you.” She rolled her eyes.

“Mei Hua, if you weren’t a girl ... and if you weren’t my best friend ... I’d seriously hit you right now,” he growled.

Mei Hua tutted. “So violent! Anyway, I did that to help you, so I suggest you back off and let me do my thing.”

“Don’t get me in a deeper mess than I am already in now, Mei Hua! Thanks to you I looked like a fool in front of _____! Forced to lie in front of her, making me dig my own grave. That guy wasn’t her boyfriend and I probably made her feel as if I never cared for her since I seemed to get over her fast. And did I mention that her overprotective brother hates my guts?! Probably thought of how a sick bastard I am for eyeing his sister while I am with my so-called girlfriend. So when are you gonna stop, huh?!” Lay was furious. He was getting weary of Mei Hua’s games which was bringing him nothing but pain in the head.

She sighed over the phone. “Lay, look, I’m sorry. I honestly do. It’s just that with the way she reacted last night, I know that she’s not over you. So I think you should grab the chance to make her jealous. Make her see you. Trust me, I’m a girl. I know how she should be feeling now. So let’s continue being a couple until she breaks down and realize how she’s stupid for letting you go. She’ll take you back. C’mon?”

Lay just stayed silent.

“If she really makes you happy, I want you to get back with her. You deserve to be happy, Lay. Please? Trust me on this.”

“Well, I trusted you last night and look how I ended up!” Lay retorted, still clearly irritated with her.

“Lay! C’mon! Since the damage had been done, better accept it. She already thinks we’re together anyway. You can’t just say we broke up. She wouldn’t believe you, and your chances of getting back with her would be even more jeopardized. You want that?”

Lay knew that what Mei Hua said was true. His credibility was in ruins right now. Denying his relationship with Mei Hua would just mess it up more.

“I don’t think so, Mei Hua. I don’t feel comfortable with this arrangement. Girls are the only ones who do this… This feels gay.”

“Well Lay, if you ever turn to the other side, and this pretention makes you find your real uality, I’ll still have you as my best friend. Maybe we could do each other’s nails----“

“Mei Hua! What the hell are you saying?!”

“Well you said this feels gay. Whatever, you have no other choice. Bear with me, Lay. You’ll have her back in no time. I’m sleepy. I’m hanging up.”

Lay just looked incredulously at his mobile phone and shook his head.

His hands were tied now.

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

 

After you were done with your bath and breakfast, you lounged on the sofa and used your laptop.

You opened your social networking accounts to see if you have any notifications.

When you opened your twitter account, you checked your mentions and then tweeted some of your friends, including Yin.

You clicked back to home, and saw on the left that you had two new follower requests. You hurriedly clicked on it and saw Xiumin’s smiling face on the first picture. You accepted his request and followed him back. When your eyes drifted onto the next request, your eyes widened.

You leaned close to your laptop screen and rubbed your eyes to make sure that you weren’t imagining things.

 

Yan Mei Hua @urprincessmeihua

 

You looked at the picture on the side and saw that it was indeed her.

As expected, she looked like a model from a magazine.

“Tch. What a shame. You may be pretty but you’re not that attractive in person. Luhan just dumped your sorry ! Take that! Your picture came out beautiful only because it was edited.”

Damn. You were such a hater.

You laughed out loud at how pathetic you were being.

You suddenly stopped when you thought about your previous words.

‘Yes. Luhan just dumped Mei Hua. As far as you know, Luhan had always been the one to break up with his girlfriends. No one has ever dumped him. So, there must be something wrong with her. I need to ask Luhan later on. Hope I remember. mmmm. And why would you follow me, Princess Mei Hua? Yuck. Princess? Wow. Please have a little shame. Maybe Lay told her I’m his ex-girlfriend, and that is snooping on me. But why would she do that? ’

You accepted her request and followed her back.

If she was going to stalk you on twitter, then you better do so as well.

You looked at her full profile and saw that she mentioned Lay’s username in most of her latest tweets. You opened Lay’s profile in a new tab and viewed their profiles simultaneously to see their interactions.

 

 

Zhang Yixing @zhangyixing__

@urprincessmeihua Hello, my princess. Had a nice time last night! Thanks again. Of course, I’ll enjoy it. I’m with you.

 

Yan Mei Hua @urprincessmeihua

Why you so sweet @zhangyixing__? You’re making me blush. =.=   :-*

 

Zhang Yixing @zhangyixing__

@urprincessmeihua I’m not being sweet. Just merely stating facts.

 

Yan Mei Hua @urprincessmeihua

See. That’s what I mean. Stop it. :") You’re making me fall for you @zhangyixing__ . <3

 

Zhang Yixing @zhangyixing91

@urprincessmeihua Is there anything wrong with that?

 

Yan Mei Hua @urprincessmeihua

@zhangyixing__ Your princess is lucky to have you.

 

Zhang Yixing @zhangyixing91

@urprincessmeihua Hate to tell you, princess. But it’s the other way around. Thanks for making me happy again.

 

Yan Mei Hua @urprincessmeihua

@zhangyixing__ Well, I’m glad to be of service then. Lol. You’re not so bad yourself.

 

Zhang Yixing @zhangyixing91

@urprincessmeihua I got reserved tickets for that movie you want to watch. It’s on cinema three, 8 pm at the usual theatre.

 

Yan Mei Hua @urprincessmeihua

@zhangyixing__ Wow! Is that so?! You’re AMAZING! :") So you’re gonna pick me up at home? Mom’s excited to see you again.

 

Zhang Yixing @zhangyixing91

@urprincessmeihua Of course. I’m eager to meet your family again too. Tell them I said hi. Goodnight my princess!

 

Yan Mei Hua @urprincessmeihua

Goodnight @zhangyixing__! Dream of me! :-*

 

Zhang Yixing @zhangyixing91

@urprincessmeihua certainly.

 

 

You were floored with their conversation.

'This is unbelievable!'

They haven’t even been together for a week, and they already seemed to be crazy for each other!

Lay even had a pet name for her! They were even at the “meet the family” stage already!

You guys didn’t...

And that was because you were not too sure about him, and you didn’t have the confidence that he would pass your family’s standards. It for you to admit it, but you did lack as a girlfriend.

A week.

They had been together only for a week; and she seemed to be a hundred times better girlfriend to him than you had ever been.

You hurt him. And now, he was being happy again … in the arms of another woman.

Yes, you ought to feel rotten.

You suddenly went to get your phone and dialled Yin’s number.

“Hey, _____! What’s up?”

“Are you busy tomorrow?”

“Mmmm. Xiumin cancelled out on our date so I guess that’s a no.”

“Good. Prepare yourself, my friend!”

“Prepare? Why? What are we going to do? Why do you sound serious?” Yin softly laughed.

“We’re going to watch a movie tomorrow. Same place. Cinema three, 8 pm. Don’t be late.”