A familiar face

It's been a long, long time {SEMI HIATUS (sorry guys)}

Here I was, all dressed up in a red dress I hadn't worn in ages, and feeling a little more at ease. The girls were out on the dance floor. Socializing and mingling with other idols. All except for Sunny of course, who stood next to me, holding her glass of wine in her hand.

"You're not getting anything to drink," she asked before taking a sip from her own glass. I just shook my head slightly. I never really drank. I had only once before and I hated what it had done to me. Funny though, Jiyong always drunk. Sometimes we'd go out, he'd get torn up, and I was left to mend for his not-so-beautiful hangover the next day. 

Oh no. I was thinking of him again.

"Suit yourself. You should at least dance," Sunny insisted, nodding towards the dancefloor. 

"Yeah, dance with us," Yuri said, suddently appearing by our side. Next to her Hyoyeon gestured for me to come join them. I just smiled and shook my head.

"I'm sorry. I can't," I said. I then saw Jessica out of the corner for my eye. She rolled her eyes before talking to someone.

Yuri and Hyoyeon made puppy dog faces before going back out on to the dance floor. I look over and noticed Seohyun walking our way.

"I don't feel like dancing today, mind if I stay with you guys," She asked. I smiled and patted on the barstool next to me. She smiled back and sat down as the three of us looked out at the crowd.

I know the reason Sunny invited me out tonight was to get over Jiyong. But for some reason I just couldn't let go. I had told myself earlier that I was moving on, but its a lot harder than I excpected. Last time I was ever out at a party it was with Jiyong.

I remember that night. He had gotten so drunk that he told me he loved me. It was the first time he said it in months. But then the next morning, he said he didn't remember any of what had happened the night before. The only time Jiyong was affectionate was when he was drunk. Whe had our best when he was drunk. He always held me when he was drunk. When he was sober it was like our relationship didn't even exist.

"I know what your thinking. Don't think about that bag again," Sunny said before sitting down her empty glass. Seohyun flinched at Sunny's choice of words. 

"It's not that easy," I said staring blankly into the crowd. Sunny sighed before looking at me.

"I understang Jiyong was your everything or whatever. But he treated you like trash. You deserve much better," she said. Seohyun nodded in agreement.

I smiled. I'm glad I had Sunny. If I didn't have her I'd probably die from depression. Sunny was always there, pushing me foward. But the only problem is she's never been in love like I was. She wouldn't understand the heartbreak I was going through right now. Though she tried her best, there's only so much she can do.

Minuets had past and I was slowly staring to regret coming out tonight. Just as I was about to tell Seohyun and Sunny I was going to catch a cab back home, I saw a familiar face across the room. 

It was Seunghyun.

Our eyes imedietly met. The world litteraly seemed to slow down around me. The music seemed more distant. The people seemed to be in slow motion. And the lights seemed to dim even more. Everything seemed at a standstill, except for us. There was no way to explain what was happening. I had never felt this way before about Seunghyun. 

He was just... a friend.

Then, he suddently smiled at me. I slowly smiled back. Raising my hand slowly and waving at him.

"Hello, did you hear me," Sunny said. Snapping my world back into reality. I blinked and turned towards her. Sunny just rolled her eyes playfully sand smiled.

"I said I invited some friends. I hope you dont mind," She said. I looked across the room again. Sure enough Seunghyun, Seungri, and Daesung were making their way towards us. Seeing them all together brought back too many memories.

Memories of all of us and Jiyong at that amusment park. Memories of us watching scary movies together. Memories of us going out for late-night-Karaoke together. And not all of the memories involved Jiyong. Sometimes me and the boys had fun. Just us. Together.

But as they neared us, I couldn't help but to stare at Seunghyun. Why had I had that moment earlier? Did it mean something?

To me he had always just been a familiar face.