Tomatoes?

He's a girl

Amber was giggling while putting back her journal on the shelf, heading toward her bed. The whole incident this morning was still fresh in her mind. The usual case of a rude customer, misunderstood by her own boss and of course, THE HE THING. She clutches on the top her stomach, feeling a slight hurt due to holding her laugh for a long time. Each time, the memory come with Chunji’s serious face on it, she will try her best not to let out her laugh in front of the guy. ‘Seriously... How can there’s still an innocent guy like that?? Don’t tell me there’s no girl with guy-like appearance in London. I mean, how orthodox could that guy be??' 

***

Ljoe pull his luggage into the house fiercely. He can't stand Eunmi who act reluctantly, admitting her mistake for ruining his mood for the day.

“Ouch!”

Ljoe turn as he heard the yell. There, Eunmi was smiling cheekily while touching her hurting ankle.

“So, you still care?”

“Stop playing around. What happen?”

“Bumped into that STUPID chair. I can’t see well in this dim light.”

She said while pointing to the chair on her side with .

“Stupid? Tch… At least it has no brain. I wouldn't blame it for sure.”

“Are you calling me a bimbo now?”

“What? Wow… So, are you a psychic now? Seems like you could read people’s mind that easy, huh?”

“IDIOT.”

“That one should go to you. You know that if I was allowed to show and express my level of anger toward you know it would be to the infinity, right?”

“You-”

“What?”

“What wrong have I done to you?”

“What?? Oh my, Jung Eunmi. Did you realise what you just said just now? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? What WRONG have I done to you?? It was supposed to be my question!”

“And, why is that??!”

“Because, apparently you are playing with my life, my destiny, my-”

“MY LOVE? Is that what you’re going to say? Urgh. I seriously can’t believe this. What did that guy have that I didn’t??”

“Jung Eunmi. I wonder if you realised this. Just because of you, I lost the money. I couldn’t trade back the ticket so I have to buy a new ticket as I have missed the last one. And, now due to your big-fat-fake-mouth, I have to stay in London for at least one week in order to be on your side for the stupid birthday ceremony. Now, let me ask you something Jung Eunmi. Does that even sound possible to you? DOES IT MAKE A SENSE THAT I HAD TO SUFFER STAYING IN HERE WHILE MY MIND IS FULL OF WHAT IS HE DOING, WHEN HE KEEP RUNNING FROM ME LIKE THIS? Does it??”

“STUPID BIRTHDAY CEREMONY?? Don’t you ever USE that tone to me, Lee Byunghun! I WARNED you!”

“Whatever. I don’t care anymore. Yes, I’ll try my best to keep my patient so that I could keep showing you the smile that you adore so much. But, after one week, I’ll go. And, by that time, don’t ever dream of following me like this, begging so that I won’t leave you. Because you know that I will, right??

“Begging? Hah! Who would be that stupid to-”

“I’m done.”

“W-what?”

“I said, I’M DONE.”

***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSCMPMsYAnI

Chunji intentionally wake up early that morning to serve breakfast in bed for his mom. With a slice of tuna sandwich, a glass of orange juice and a sugary smile, he quickly opens his mom’s bedroom door.

“Suprise!”

“Oh. Chunji-ah... What is this?”                                                                                   

“Some sincerity from your lovely mama boy? Kekeke”

“Aigoo... Put the tray on the table, come here for a sec.”

“What is it, mom?”

Chunji immediately put the tray and went to his mom.

“Waeyo, omma?”

“Woah... You sound better now. I glad you’re this opened toward Korean’s language.”

“I am more than ready to learn even the Korean’s culture, mom. Anyway, what is it? Is there something you want to talk to me?”

“Ah... So, like I said before, you should summarize those list Chunji. It’s not that I want to force you to accept Korean’s school style... I just think that we shouldn't postpone it anymore. I don’t want your study to be affected just because this moved.”

“Well-”

“Plink!”

“What is that, son?”

“Oh, nothing. It’s my phone.”

Chunji quickly grab his phone and read the message.

“Hey, new boy! I’m preparing some food for our school’s occasion today. Feel free to come.Amber’s cooking is the best in the whole world!! Remember, it’s 4 pm ok? Chiaowww~~”

Chunji went blank for a while before another “plink!” arrive.

“Omo, forget to tell you >,< You know our house, right? It is at the right side of the park. Yeah, the first house on the right, that ours!! Make sure you come! See ya ^^ Pyong!”

“Pyong?”

“Who is that, Chunji?”

“Ah... Chingu (Friend). Mom, what is mean by pyong?”

The question burst her mom into a loud laugh.

“Who is that? Is he’s Korean? You already make friends?”

“Yeah... Well, it’s a bit complicated actually. We coincidentally met at the park while I was having a walk. And, just now he’s inviting me to his house.”

“Ah... Anyway, pyong?? You should ask the person himself. It’s so cute!”

“What? The pyong? Why is it cute? What it’s mean anyway?”

“I’m glad you already have friend, Chunji. You should go, you know? Have a pleasant time with your chingu.”

Chunji nodded slowly while thinking about the message. ‘Should I go? Wait. Did he just say Amber?? Amber?? So, he’ll be there too? Wow! I totally should involve with this preparation thing. And, he did mention school, right? Screw this list, I’ll ask what school they in, and enter there instead! Woah, clever Chunji!! Kekeke’

***

Eunmi keeps turning the cataloge page forward and backward with sighs. She then put the catalogue on the table with a pout.

"Yah, Ljoe. Pick me something. This is no fun at all."

"I'm the one who should say that. Can't you just pick anything? I mean, it's not that hard to pick a nice, pleasant dress, right? You're the one who recommend that this shop have everything that you want."

"Forget it. I'm not going to take any of these. It's so out of fashion and don't have any sense of Jung Eunmi at all."

"Wow, so after 3 hours we spend in this shop, you're going to tell me that we, WAIT. THAT I have to spend another 3 hour just so that you could find your ideal dress? Forget it. I'm not doing this."

"W-what??"

"I say that I'll accompany you at first because you said that it's going to be just for a while. I've waste all day for you yet you still want me to come with you to another store? I'm not doing it."

"Wow, Lee Byunghun... You know that you're going to leave me soon, right? Can't you just do this one favour for me?"

Ljoe let out a heavy sigh as Eunmi keep grumbling about his heading to Seoul. 

"Stop it. We're not going to talk about this again, don't we? Leaving you is not a problem now. The dress is. Beside, I'm not leaving you. It will only be a simple-"

"What? You're going to Korea to find him, right? The love of you life. Him. Right? You are abandoning me so that you could go to see him. That is similar as you're leaving me for that rascal."

"He has name, Eunmi."

"DO I CARE?"

"Fine then... Let's just stop here. I mean, can't you just choose one? It's simple, right?"

"Ok then... But, I'm not going to choose any. Let's just go to another store. I promise this time it won't be long. Just-"

"Just pick any of those dresses, Eunmi. Don't ever dream that I'll go to another shop."

"B-but..."

"Pick anything. Or I'll go home."

Eunmi glance away as she heard Ljoe's stern tone. With a heavy step, she went back to the fitting room, picking dress that she rejects just then with a pout. 'Be easy, Eunmi. Grab his heart. That's all that you have to do. Yeah... Be patient..' 

***

Amber felt that her heart almost skips a beat when she saw Ren was placing the mince carelessly on the counter.

“Yah, Choi Minki! I told you not to put the ingredient like that, right?? Aigoo...”

“WHAT??”

“You’re going to create a mess, you see?”

“No, I’m not!”

“Yes, you are!”

“Oh!! Why do you have to pick a fight now, Amber? It’s not funny!”

“Who’s the one who start this chaos? It’s you, Minki!”

“It’s Ren! REN! Call me in a proper way!”

“I am calling you PROPERLY!”

“How does this sound proper to you??”

“IT IS!

“Err... Annyonghaseyo...”

“Woah!! You DID come! Here he is!! Wohooo!”

Amber quickly turn to the door where Chunji was standing, smiling sheepishly.

“Oh, Chunji-ah... Come here.”

Chunji quickly went closer to Amber in a slow, heavy step. To be truth, he felt nervous all of a sudden as he heard that person call his name.

“Can’t you hurried up a little bit?”

Ren who was walking behind Chunji, scratch his not itchy head as he acknowledge the suspicious act.

“Eh? Oh...”

“Eh, oh? Is that all that you can say? Aigoo...”

“Yah, Choi Minki! Stop the crap. Go take the oregano on the rack.”

“Arasso...”

Lusciously, Amber smile as Chunji went to her side. She was actually trying to cover her laugh as she constantly remembered the incident.

“You like spaghetti, don’t you?”

“Ah...”

“Do you? Because I do.”

“Yup. Of course I do. I love spaghetti. N-nomu chua.”

“Ah... Really? That’s good then.”

“Yeah... I think so too.”

“You see... I used to put a lot of tomatoes in my spaghetti’s sauce. It’s been a family tradition. Do you think it’s better if I put it this way?”

“Eh? Ah.... Yes, it’s ok. I think it will taste better.”

“So, they used this recipe too in England?”

“Well... I guess so...”

“Kunde (But)... You know what? I still can’t differentiate which class tomatoes go to. Is it vegetable? Or fruits? Aishh, it’s confusing doesn't it?”

“Eh? Ah... Yeah. I can’t differentiate it well too.”

“So, that would explained a lot, huh?”

“Huh? What? I don’t get your last sentence.”

“Aniya... It’s nothing actually. Can’t you get me the tomato sauce on the table?”

“Yes, sure I can.”

As Chunji turn to grab the sauce, Amber let out a giggle while closing . But, as Chunji turn and give her the bottle, she immediately keeps her straight face, stirring the sauce. ‘Omo... This is fun! Wow, I've never could imagine that I could meet somebody as blank as him! This is so funny!! I can’t picture how pissed he would be if he eventually know the truth. But, first let me play for a bit. This is seriously EXCITING!’

 

SO? SO? SO?? Kekekeke.. eager to hear from you~~ do subscribe and comment! ^^