A Tale of a Freak, a Jerk and an Idiot

He's a girl

Amber’s POV

“Err guys? Everything’s fine?”

I can’t help by stare at him blankly as he utters the words anxiously. I can see Minki on the corner was sighing too while Jiyeon was busy with her lollipop. I still keep my eyes on him. Those pitiful yet charming looking eyes, well you have to add in that nervous-cute smile too. Yes, guys. I know you can imagine who the guy in front of me is. He is here to start all my nightmares. Ending of my fairy tales. That little Chunji Daniels.

Ok. Let’s stop there. Want to know more about what have happen? Well, I am going to tell you 3 interesting stories today. A tale of a freak, a jerk and an idiot. First and foremost, let me start with what happen this morning.

Flashback                        

I am for sure going to kick somebody’s today. Oh no, dear people. I am not exaggerating right now. I am being freakishly serious at kicking Minki’s . Oho, I HAVE NEVER EVER AND DO NOT THINK I WOULD BE EVER had been this serious for my entire life. Well, I guess it is about time when I really do what I said right? You sure do not want to know what have happen to me this morning. All troubles that I have to face for this lunch box. Oh yeah, people. A lunch box that belong to that scalawag Choi Minki. A lunch box that nearly make me go deaf. A lunch box that might even cause me a detention if I still want to follow this good-for-nothing speeds limit.

“ARGHHHHH!!!!!”

SKREEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT.

Ok. I could feel the end of my life is coming with that sound. I push down my motorbike like in those outrageous K-dramas and quickly run toward the victim of my reckless riding.

 “I… I am so sorry! Are you okay, Sir?”

I can see he was confused of what has happen. He keeps staring blankly at me while blinking a few times. Occasionally, he his hair too. To be honest, I was going to burst out laugh with his fool’s expression but I try my best to smile genuinely and offer a hand for him. He quickly grabs my hand as he finally understood that a few seconds ago, my motorcycle was just an inch from his beautiful legs. Ok. Did Amber Liu just have that slimey thought on this guy's leg? Damn.

“Sir? Are you okay?”

I do not even know the reason but he keeps caress his legs. I mean, it’s not like he was hurt or what but he keep brushing them. When I said them, I literally mean both of them. That was how much weird this guy is.

“Do you know how much this pair cost? “

Finally. He actually says something. I’m starting to have this thought of he posesses some hearing disabilities. Aigooo…

“No, I’m not. But, I’m sorry if I ruin it.”

“Haha I was kidding. I don’t even care for this. My stylist buys this for me.”

What are you? An idol wannabe?

Geez… Can’t you buy your own jeans for god sake? Sorry, readers. I’m not in that good mood to crack a joke.

“Hello. I'm Ljoe. I’m glad you know how to use your brake, Sir.”

Wow… He sure knows how to ‘entertain’ people too. Wanna try be a comedian?

“Yeah. Sure. Nice to meet you too.”

I was going to get my motorbike when he tap on my shoulder with him long, slender finger.

“You’re not going to tell me your name?”

“Ah…”

“Did I say something wrong? Sorry… I’m not used to how things in here. I mean, I’m Korean. Not that half blood type, I am full Korean. There’s only a little problem though, I have been living in England since I was 3. I guess I have to blame my dad for that, huh?”

He let out a few nervous chuckled while his hair. So what? Living in England since you're 3 makes you forget how to greet people in a correct way? What about ability to differentiate between a girl and a guy? England does not teach you that? Tch. Did he come here to brag on about his nationality? Weird freak.  He sure reminds me of someone. And, as far as I remember, it was summer in Korea now. I am definitely sure of my fact. But, I don’t know why his hair is blowing beautifully with the air. 

“Listen. I’m sorry for what have happen. If I am the first Korean, you met, then I have to apologise again. I didn’t mean to act rude to you.”

I bowed politely to him and he immediately did the same.

“Oh no. It’s okay… It just… It would be great if we could reconcile in here, right? I just need to know your name. It would be great to made friends, right?”

“Amber. My name is Amber.”

“Amber? Wah… You have such a beautiful name! I guess everybody in Korea have a beautiful name like you, right? But, don’t you think Amber is a girl’s name?”

The heck. The heck was he saying now? Ergh! Now, I remember. He and Chunji should be a pair. How come this kind of thing happens to me again? Not in a day like this!!! Aishhh!

“Helllllooo?”

“Yeah. I’m sorry. I was in dazed just now.”

I can see his arrogant smirk.

 

The daze is not for you idiot.

 

I was thinking to myself. That’s why.

 

Another birth of a moron. Minki could make a group of a moron boyband. That would be hilarious.

Even though I have to agree he does have an ability to attract people. I don’t even know how to shoo all this passers-by who keep stop to see our argument. Ok. Was it an argument? I don’t even know what to describe this anymore.

I can see he was aware of the surrounding too when a group of ahjumma were praising his flawless face and his unbelievable perfect jaw.

“You could sign up for audition. Who knows you’re going to be famous, right? You could thank me later.”

“I have better idea though. Mind explaining to me why your name is Amber?”

“And why should I?”

“You’re a guy for god sake. Don’t tell me all Koreans name their kid with a girl’s name?”

“Sounds so girlish to you?”

“… Yeah?”

“Just remember not to do the same mistakes with your kids then. Chiow.”

“Hey Amber!”

“What?”

“If we ever meet again, can I try riding your motorcycle?”

 

Why should I? You are a stranger, moron.

 

“If you are comfortable with a 'guy' like me then I do not see a reason to say no.”

“Haha. I don’t see any problem with that. It has been my dream to ride a motorbike like yours.”

I grab my motorcycle as fast as I could, start the engine and leave him there. He was waving his hand lightly with a smile on his lips. Let’s pray that I’m not going to meet him again. I’m so not going a freak like that ride in my precious Angelica. Oh. I’m so sorry. I should have told you about Angelica, right? Yes. She is my beloved motorcycle.

I arrive at school right on time. Oh yeah. That ‘crazy dog’, our discipline teacher Mr Kang was having this stare’s battle with me the moment he saw my motorcycle come through the school’s gate. As I’m approaching him,I quickly bowed and cheekily smile to him. Oh. Remember about Minki? I was going to continue my plan on kicking that jerk but meeting with that freak have drain out my energy. I still have to find him though. I need to give this lunch box that Imo have prepared for him.

“Oi, Amber!”

“Stop there, you jerk!”

“Oh? What is this? You’re not in a good mood, I see? Let me hug you, my dear princess.”

"That's soooo not funny."

“YAH! What's that for? Why did you hit me? Do you know how dangerous your knuckles are? I could get a concussion!”

“Pftttt… I told you nothing's going to work this time, right?”

"Oh no. I should run. Move away people! I need to make an escape from this wicked witch!”

“You better come here, Minki.”

“Naah!”

“Yah Choi Minki! Come here!”

“Nope!”

“Stop running away, Minki!”

“Aish… What now Amber? I don’t have time to waste for you.”

Minki stop and give his irritating look to me. Like that's gonna work.

“How dare you talk to me like that?!”

“What was this all about? What have I done to receive punishment??”

“How dare you leave me just like that, huh? You should wait for me first!”

“Why should I wait for you? I can do what I want too! If I want to go to school all by myself, I can do that too!”

“What?!”

“You said the same thing too when you bring that boy with you and abandon me just like that!”

“Are we still going to talk about this, Minki?”

“Heck yeah! I’m still can’t forgive how you could just left me like that.”

Ha. So this is the ultimate reason why you left me, huh? Selfish jerk.

“Yah. I don’t have time for this. Take this and go wherever you want. Mehrong.”

“What is this? A lunch box?”

“Oh yeah. A lunch box. Do you know what trouble I have to go through just due to your lunch box?”

“Oho. Amber yah… What troubles do you cause this time?”

“Yah! Stop it! You are the cause of them!”

“Me? You're the one who keep telling me to stop, right? It is obvious that YOU'RE the one who are coming to me.”

“Yah! If it’s not due to your lunch box, I won’t be searching for you too! Now, take this with you and go away. I don’t even like your so called pretty face, idiot.”

That’s when I heard another voice that going to turn my world around.

 “Hey guys! I’m here!”

What the… What is doing in here??!! Oho. This is not going to be good.

“Hey Amber, Ren, surprise!”

Oh yeah? This is sure one great surprise to me. Duhhhhh.

“Hey Amber. You should smile, you know? Although I have to agree that clown looking face sure suits you well.

I gave my death stare to Minki as he said that. He quickly went and gave Chunji a  hug.

“Oi, Chunji! You should tell us that you’re coming. We should do a celebration for you!”

Minki eyed me to join them. I try my best to forget all problems that I had this morning and give him a smile too. And, he hesitantly smiles back.

“Yo Chunji.”

“… Yo…”

“What’s with this atmosphere guys! Hey Amber!”

“What now Minki?”

I assure myself to gave him the most irritating tone that I have.

"Go take this lunch box and have your lovely picnic with him, ok? You could thank me later."

“I-it’s okay Ren. I can go have my breakfast at the cafeteria later.”

“But, you LOVE my mom’s cooking right? Why bother wasting your money when you could have this delicious meal, huh?”

“Ah… Sure, Ren… But… Oh! A cat! He looks so cute, Amber.”

“A WHAAAAAATTTTT???”

I smile mischievously while carrying the cat that I found on the corridor toward Minki. He was holding tightly onto Chunji’s hand. Oh well. I can see he was trembling too.

“Amber… Don’t you ever think of that Amber!”

“Oho… Think of what? Do you realise how mad I am at you now, Minki? I am NOT in a good mood, Minki. Oh, I’m not.”

“Amber! Don’t! I’ll apologize okay? I’ll do anything. Just promise me you’re not going to bring that monster to me.”

Chunji could only stare to us. Minki keep telling him to take away the cat but I guess he was just too fascinated with the situation. He can’t help to only stare.

“AND WHY THE HECK DOES THIS CAT COULD TRESSPASS OUR SCHOOL’S SECURITY??!! HEY, GUARDS? ANYONE? WE HAVE A MONSTER HERE, FOR GOD SAKE!”

I heard a few laugh as Minki goes on making havoc with this little cat. People won’t listen to him for sure.

“Stop it, Minki. You should realise how stupid you sound now.”

Well that was when I realise the cat on my hand was gone. The next thing I could see was Chunji who run as fast as he could toward the school gates. Damn. There goes my entire plan. Tch.

“I’m not going to forgive you, Amber! You better come here.”

That was when I realise someone have hop on me and roll with me on the floor.

"YAH YAH! GET OFF ME, YOU ANNOYING JERK!"

“Oh no, I won’t! You should not play with my one and only fear, Amber!”

“YAH!!! That’s my hair you’re pulling, idiot!”

“Same goes to you! Stop pulling my gorgeous hair!!”

“ERGHHHHHH!!!”

“ARGHHHHH!!”

“Wow… Look at all this mess…”

“What-“

That is when I realise the floor was full with Imo’s food. Damn it. Imo is going to explode for sure once she knows about this. Jiyeon was slowly approaching us and take Minki with her.

“Where do you think you want to go after what you have done, HUH?”

“Mr Kang!”

“Don’t act like you’re so surprise! Come to my office!”

“This is all because of you, moron.”

I hissed to Minki. He glared back and put down his so-called lovely one’s hand.

“I’ll see you later, Jiyeon.”

“AREN’T YOU COMING?? OSSO! (Come faster)”

“Yes Mr Kang…”

***

And that was the end of my story. Like I have said before. The tale of 3 guys who are going to ruin my peaceful life. Aish. There goes all my serenity.

End of POV

“Guys?”

Chunji try to ask again as his first question was left unanswered.

“Oppa… Everything is fine, right? What did Mr Kang tell you?”

Jiyeon finally says something after she managed to unfold her lollipop.

“He just gives us some warning. You don’t have to worry.”

“No detention? That is good enough! Let’s celebrate this at cafeteria, guys!”

“Ani. I’m not that going.”

“Are you sure, Amber?”

“Yeah... I’m sure. I’m sorry, Chunji. I guess you have to stick with these two lovely birds today.”

“It’s okay Amber…”

Chunji give Amber a stiff smile and see Amber walk away with a sigh. Of all the day, why does thing like this have to happen on my first day? Aish…

Chunji! Let’s go grab something! My stomach keep growling since this morning! I'm starting to has this thought that there's a monster live in here, you see?”

“It’s okay, Jiyeon… I think I’m gonna be fine.”

“Do you feel bad for unni? It’s okay, Chunji… It’s not your fault. You should eat to survive.”

“Unni?”

Chunji was in puzzle as he heard that. As far as he knows, unni means sister.

“Yes. Unni. Amber unni.”

“OHO! Stop there my lovely Jiyeon. You don’t want anything happen to your precious lips right?”

Chunji turns as he heard Amber’s voice.

“I shouldn’t let you mingle around with these kids. Come, Chunji.”

“O-okay…”

***

“Annyonghaseyo, Mr Jeong? Any information regarding the case?

“Well, Mr Lee. That’s the reason for my call actually.”

“Are you serious?”

“Let’s sit first, Mr Lee… Someone told me that he saw this figure on the road around this area a few days ago. Well, after a few investigations were done, I finally conclude that we’re going to solve this quicker than we thought!”

“Are you sure, Mr Jeong?? You’re not kidding, right?”

“No, I’m not, Sir. I have found the address too. It is in Seocho-gu.”

“This is great!”

“Keep your happiness for the real one Mr Lee; I still have to search more about the address. I don’t want your joy is being waste just like that.”

“It’s okay Mr Jeong. As I’ve said before. Take your time, Mr Jeong. I’m not in hurry.”

“Sure, Mr Lee. I’ll do my best to find this person for you.”

I'm going to find Chunji soon, Eunmi. Pray for me.

***

 “Oppa… Don’t you want to eat your sandwich? Why? Are there something bothering you?”

“Ah… You can have it if you want it, Jiyeon.”

“Thank you!”

Jiyeon quickly grab the sandwich and shove it into .

“But, you have to promise me something Jiyeon…”

“What?”

“Do me a favour.”

“Okay… Go on.”

“Call Amber, oppa.”

"But, unni is a girl. Why do I have to call her oppa?"

“There’s something happen and we decide to play it along. If you could help us, then it would mean a lot!”

“A game? I’m in then! This is why I love you, oppa.”

“What? Why?”

“You always care for Amber unni, OOPS! Oppa hehe… You always care for Amber oppa even when you’re mad at her.”

“Well, she’s my only cousin, right?”

“Erm! I’m on your side, oppa!”

“Glad you say so, Jiyeon.”

***

“You’re not coming with us, Chunji?”

“My mom said that she’s coming to fetch me today.”

“Okay then. Hey, Minki. How about you?”

“Jiyeon is going to send me home.”

“Okay. I’ll go first. Goodbye.”

“Annnyonghigaseyo, Amber!”

***

“Here you go, oppa.”

“Thanks for the ride, Jiyeon.”

Ren take his bag from Jiyeon and bowed politely toward the chauffeur.

“Look who’s here. I’m first to arrive. As usual.”

“And, you want to brag about that? Nobody ride their motorcycle like you, Amber. People go crazy once they see how fast you ride.”

“That’s the gift given to me, moron. You should be proud!”

“Hey! You! Yes, you there!”

Ookaaayyy… What is he doing in here??

“Recognize me? It’s me. Ljoe!”

“L what?”

“I told you not to talk like that to stranger, Minki."

“Auch! Not the tummy, Amber!”

“Happy to see me again?”

Amber gives her stiff smile while Ren was staring interestingly toward the boy. I'm so happy; I don't even know what I should do. Should I go bald my head then?

“What a perfect jaw you have there.”

“Jiyeon-ah… What did you just said?”

“He’s cute. Don’t you think so?”

"Jiyeon-ah. You still love me, right?"

“Of course, silly. He’s cute though.”

“Jiyeon-ah!”

Ljoe give a smile to Jiyeon as she saw Jiyeon keep looking at him with her famous cute smile. Well well well… That kid is seriously going to cause trouble.