Amber's time~

He's a girl

 

"Jiyeon-ah. You still love me, right?"

“Of course, silly. He’s cute though.”

“Jiyeon-ah!”

Ljoe give a smile to Jiyeon as she saw Jiyeon keep looking at him with her famous cute smile. Well well well… That kid is seriously going to cause trouble.

“Who is this, Amber?”

“Huh? Ah… We met on my way to school this morning. Why?”

“He seems intimidating.” Ren hissed.

“Only to you.” Amber whisper back with a smirk.

“How come destiny always betrayed my back…? Aish. You should go home, Jiyeon.”

Ren was pouting heavily as he saw the stare that Jiyeon give to Ljoe.

“Okay then. Bye, everybody!”

Ren push Ljoe’s hands down as he was trying to reply Jiyeon’s wave.

“Haha… Your girlfriend, dude? She’s cute. Wait. You’re a dude, right?”

Ren stare unbelievably at Ljoe as he said that. No. I’m a girl. You wanna hear that? So that you could steal my girlfriend? And, what with this ‘cute’ thing? Why did you guys keep complimenting each other’s and make me jealous like this?? Ergh!

“Yes, she’s my girlfriend. So, don’t even try to budge an eye with her. Arasso?”

“I told you not to talk like that to someone you barely know, Minki!”

“Ouch! Yah! And, I told you about ‘NOT THE TUMMY’, right??”

“Yours is Minki? Woah… That was one manly name you had there.”

Ljoe tries to stop the glaring that the both had on each other’s.

“Ren. No one dared to call me with my real name except her.”

“Don’t listen to him. You could call him whatever you want.”

“Amber!”

“What? The only rule in my life is never listen to a guy who wears lipstick everyday to school.”

"IT IS LIPBALM FOR GOD'S SAKE. IT FOLLOWS THE COLOR OF YOUR BLOOD, SO IT TURNS TO RED WHEN YOU PUT IN ON YOUR LIPS!"

"I'm pretty sure there's no need for you to scream, Minki."

“Haha… It’s okay guys. I’ll call you Ren. It sounds better and it is easier to remember.”

“See, Amber? I’ve told you about this, right? Even this annoying brat is on my side this time.”

“Annoying brat?”

“Haha… That was one funny joke you had there, Minki. You should go inside if you don’t want Imo to kill you.”

“Whatever. Those glares not going to kill me for sure.”

Ren stomps away to his house as Amber keep pushing him away.

“Who is he?”

“My cousin. Well, it is kinda complicated so it is better if you just assume him my cousin for now.”

“Assume? He was not then? What are you guys? Some love triangle relationship?”

“WHAT?”

“You guys look cute together. You and Ren. But, Ren and Jiyeon look cutes too! By the way, her name is Jiyeon, right? I heard it when Ren was being all jealous with me just then.”

You do realise you sound like a stalker, don’t you?

“Since you mention cute in your line, I’ll take that as compliment for now. What are you doing in here anyway?”

“I was having a walk in this area just now. That was when I saw you.”

“A walk? Why does everybody keep having a walk in our area? Geez…”

“I guess this was a popular spot then.”

“Popularize by both of you, I guess.”

“Both?”

“Yeah. There’s this guy. He loves to walk around this area. “

“He sounds weird.”

“Same goes to you then.”

Did I just say that out loud? Faceplaming myself for sure. Duhhhh… Amber Liu! Why are you borthering yourselves with this guy?

Ljoe laugh hysterically when Amber shows her nervousness.

“What?”

“You look funny! You should see your reflection on the mirror!”

“And, I choose not to by that.”

Ljoe keep laughing as Amber was showing her are-you-serious-dude's face.

“Why are you still here, anyway?”

“To watch some of your weird expressions?”

“Ok. And, what was that for?”

“Haha… This is what I mean! Your expression is priceless dude!”

This does not seem like funny to me. Why did this arrogant annoying douchebag keep laughing like there is no ending for him??

“This is waaaaaay too fun. I should come here every now and then.”

“I don't think so.”

Amber starts to feel irritate as she saw Ljoe keeps clutching his stomach.

“Oh yeah? Have you forgotten your promise?”

“What kind of promise?”

“That you’re going to take me for a ride? With your motorcycle?”

“…Ljoe-shi?”

“Yes?”

“You do realise we just met, right?”

“Yes.”

“So?”

“SO?”

“Don’t imitate me. I’m serious.”

“So do I! Let’s go for a ride. You and me. What say you?”

“I think I need to refuse.”

“But why??”

Oh god. You just met me for god sake! Can’t you believe yourself as you’re saying those words???

“You see, Ljoe-shi… I don’t always say yes to a stranger. Crown it all, getting on motorcycle with someone that I don’t know.”

“I’m Ljoe and you Amber. We have greeted each other, right?”

“That doesn’t count!”

“Haha… What do you mean?”

“I mean-“

“Hey. I’m kidding. I know you shouldn’t talk with stranger. I am also aware of fact that you should avoid any contact with someone you don’t know. I learn that during my kindergarten days too. Like I’ve said earlier this morning, I just want to make friends. And, you seems reliable for some nobody-knows reason. That is why I come to greet you when I saw you just then. Let’s start over then. I’m Lee Byunghun. But, people around me call me Ljoe. They say it sounds cooler like that. I don't even understand it but I decide to play it along. So… Would you like to be my friend, Amber?”

Amber was startled as Ljoe gave a hand to her. Ljoe seems like a tender gentleman as he is giving the most calming smile that he has.

“Sly words. I don’t know why but it sure suits you well.”

“I’ll take that as compliment. From now on, any formal language is prohibited… It’s going to cause barrier into our relationship. Now, can we come back to the motorcycle issue?”

“Nope. I would rather not. But, I would like to know why a guy from England wants to come to Korea. Any personal reason?”

Ljoe’s face fell as he heard the question. He gathers his courage to grin back at the curious Amber.

 “This is what we call friendship, you know? You’re starting to ask thing about me. This is one good achievement!”

“Still not funny.”

“And, I’m not trying to.”

“Did you just mock me? Because, I just have a feeling that you just mock me. Whatever. I should go. You should too, I guess.”

Amber was trying to move on when she heard something that makes her stop.

“What was that again? I’m sorry I can’t hear you with all this crazy thoughts on my head.”

“You’re having weird thoughts? Of what? Me?”

“Can you just repeat what you say just now rather than having that nonsense talk?”

“I’m searching for someone.”

“What?”

“I said, I’m here for someone. And, I’m going to bring him back to England with me.”

Ljoe smile sincerely to Amber.

“Ah… You sound like FBI now.”

“Haha… Oh really? Should I send my resume to the head office to Blue House then?”

(Blue House is executive office and official residence of the South Korean)

 “Anyway, good luck with that person. I hope for things to go well on your search.”

“Thanks. See you again, Amber.”

Better not to be so.

“Hmm… Annyong.”

***

"How’s your first day, Chunji?”

“Ah… It went great.”

“Tell me more about it.”

“There’s something happen this morning but things get better as day goes off.”

“That’s good then. I’m happy if you’re happy son.”

Of course I would be happy. I can’t even describe how happy I am with only spending time with him.

Flashback

Chunji feel so bad after the incident. He tries to say sorry but he fail to do so as he saw Amber keep crossing her hand without saying anything.

“I’m sorry…”

“Oh?”

“You look upset. Is it because of what have I done?”

“No. I’m not mad at you, Chunji. You did a right thing. Ren could get a seizure to that cat. He has this phobia toward cats. I’m not so sure of the reason but as far as I know he really hates cats.”

“Ah… Wait. Did you just call him Ren?”

“I call him with that name sometimes. Especially when he wasn’t listening.”

 “Am I allowed to know the reason?”

Amber burst out laugh as she saw how Chunji’s eyes were shining with curiosity.

“You sure ask a lot. You do realise that sometimes you act like a girl, right? Something on the genes perhaps?”

“People say that all the time. Back in England, they even tell me to group up with girls.”

“Well, it was the other way around for me.” Amber talks to herself.

“What was that? I can’t hear you clearly.”

“Nothing… Hey, talking about England makes me remember about this weird dude I met this morning.”

“Weird dude?”

“Yes. He said he was from England too.”

“Oh? What a coincidence!”

“I know right? He was way too weird though.”

Chunji laugh as he saw Amber scratch the back of her neck while grinning playfully.

“What has he done?”

“Well… Something. I don’t want to talk about him now. Let’s do something else.”

“What do you want to do?”

“Okay. First, how’s your tummy?”

“Hmm?”

“Don’t you feel hungry?”

“Oh. I’m fine.”

That was when they heard a loud growl come from Chunji’s stomach.

“Hahaha! You’re definitely something, boy. Take my biscuits.”

“Where do you get this?”

“My mom always packs me one. She said that I’m going to die with Imo’s food one day if I keep eating them.”

“She said that?”

“Yeah. But, I still have to eat her food. I want to give her my support. You see, my Imo had a late marriage. She marries her first love but unfortunately it was a second marriage for him. From what I heard, they had an accident and Minki lose his mom due to that. He was 5 when that happened so he couldn’t understand things yet. He keeps saying my Imo steals his mom away, he wants his mom back… Well, stuff like that. It was hard for my Imo as she has to take care of a young boy and act as if she was the mother of the boy. Sometimes, I feel like the only main point why the marriage was held was to avoid any sorrow for Minki. Nonetheless, I have to agree. I am the happiest person in this world when I saw how Minki’s father treasures my Imo.”

“You sound… Romantic.”

“Oh god, Chunji. Are you making fun of me?”

“No. I’m serious. That was… Sweet. You sound so sweet, Amber. No one would expect to see this side of you.”

“I rarely show this side of me to people too.”

Chunji sense shyness as Amber spoke off.

“Erm… I’m glad you choose me to show it then…”

“I didn’t. It was… Naturally. Everything becomes so natural when I’m with you.”

 

Silent.

 

“Hey, I think the bell has rang just now.”

“Oh really? We should hurry up to class then.”

“What class are you?”

“It says in here, Alpha.”

“Oh… I’m in Turbo.”

“There’s a class name turbo?”

“You could laugh if you want.”

“My voice drained out with the fact of the name.”

“Haha… See you after class.”

“Oh?”

“Omo. I forgot you’re still new with this school’s surrounding, huh? It’s okay. I come pick you up, okay?”

“Well, everything is fine with me.”

“Great! Come, I’ll bring your bag for you.”

“It’s okay Amber. I could do it by myself.”

“But, I insist to. It’s okay. You don’t have a lot of opportunities to see Amber Liu lends a hand for someone, you know? Now, give me your bag.”

“Okay then. Here you go.”

End of Flashback

I’m sure going to get heart attack if something like that goes on. I’m in doom. Stop thinking too much brain. And, stop beating so hard, heart! You guys are going to send me to ER for sure!