A Trip to Your Heart

He's a girl

 

 

“Ljoe?” Amber smiles in shock toward the build.

“Glad you still remember me, Amber. Here’s a wink to appreciate that.”

Amber look indifferently toward him as he say that and Chunji was still watching in silent. He keeps avoiding the gaze from Ljoe.

"Err... Yeah. Hi."

“Ren told me that I can come with you guys.”

“He did? Well, I guess another passenger wouldn’t hurt, huh Imo?”

“Oh Ren did tell me about this kid.”

“What? Why am I the only who are clueless here? You also know about this Chunji?”

“N-no. Why should I?”

Ljoe rolled his eyes looking at the way Chunji react to Amber question.

“Okay guys. We don't want to be late. Hurry up and get in! We have a long way to go, remember?”

All of them get in Ren’s mom Hyundai Santa Fe in a joy. Amber chooses the seat beside the passenger while Chunji choose the front passenger’s seat with Ljoe. Ren and Jiyeon take the back seat.

“Okay, kids. Let’s board!”

“Yeah!” They all rhymed.

***

Chunji squish his body to the window so that there would be enough distance between him and Ljoe.

“Why do I feel like you’re coming closer to me?” Chunji whispered to him.

“It’s not like I’m going to harass you.” Ljoe hissed back.

“I know. But, oh nevermind...”

“Tch.”

“So, Ljoe. How do you know about this plan?”

Ljoe turn his attention to Amber who was asking.

“Jiyeon tells me.”

“Since you say that you want to meet Chunji, this is the perfect time, right?”

“Yes, Jiyeon. Thank you for being so kind to me.”

Ljoe shows his killer smile. Ren immediately block Jiyeon’s eyes as he saw it.

“Don’t look! It’s going to ruin your eyes!”

“Minki… When are you going to change, huh? Anyway, why do you want to meet Chunji? You know him?”

“Well, we’re one bestest best friend ever. Am I right, Chunji?”

“Huh? Y-yeah. Kind of.”

“There is no such word as bestest Ljoe. Geez... Don’t you learn about it in England? And here I am thinking that every person that live in England have a perfect grammar.”

"Well... Maybe I exaggerate. A bit. But, that is just how I want to show how close our FRIENDSHIP is."

“Aigoo... Let’s not be a grammar nazi here, Minki.”

“I can do what I like, Amber. Mehrong.”

“Ergh. There is no use to talk to you. You’re ok back there, Chunji?”

“S-sure. Why?”

“I am just asking.”

There was an awkward silent for a moment that concerns Ljoe.

“So, how do you know Ljoe, Amber?”

Chunji finally brave out himself to ask the question. He is still avoiding the stare from Ljoe.

“Don’t you think you should just ask straight to me about what have happen?” Ljoe try to steal his attention.

“B-but… It’s the same, right?”

“No, it is not. And do you mind looking at me when I’m talking to you?”

“You guys look like a married couple in their honeymoon.”

“Jiyeon my hunny bunny. Why are you saying something like that?”

“Awww. That’s so sweet of you Jiyeon. It’s okay. Talk more. It’s better than just your lollipop.”

“Gahhhh. Why are you picking on my Jiyeon now, Ljoe?”

“Kids, can we focus on my driving first? You guys are too loud that it diverts my attention.”

They quickly apologize and follow Mrs Choi warning and keep quiet. It was before Chunji get the real idea of what has going on.

“Wait. Is it the one that you’re talking about is Ljoe? The weird guy and accident?”

“And, here I thought things are going to be on my side just for once. Guess I’m wrong again. It’s ok kids. Why don’t we try the loudest sound that you guys had?”

“Mom…”

“What did you say? Weird guy?”

“I can explain that one, Ljoe.”

“Well then tell me, Amber.”

“Oh yeah. I totally forgot that I am one invisible ageing aunty. I mean, who’s going to give some attention to a person who knows nothing about definition of fun like me?”

“Mom… Cut it off. You’re creating some awkward atmosphere here, you see?”

“Oh don’t worry. They won’t even realise I’m in here.”

“Are we having two type of conversation here? Because I can’t even understand what we are talking anymore.”

“It’s okay Jiyeon… You could listen to my mp3 if that could loosen up you a bit.”

“Amber, I think I don’t have to explain how tiring it was to wait for a simple answer, right?”

 “Wait. Even I think that I’m going to throw up at this state. What was it again, Ljoe?" Amber scratch her head with all the confusion that happen.

“I’m waiting for your explanation, Amber.” 

“Well, okay… I don’t even know where to start.”

“You did sound like a weird guy the way she told me about it.”

“Oh yeah? What’s the story then?”

“Calm down Ljoe. It’s not like what you’re thinking.”

“Wait. I think I heard somethng weird just now. Did you just say she Chunji? Don’t tell me living in Korea makes you forget your grammar.”

“Urgh. Another idiot, huh Amber?”

“Stop fooling around, Minki. This is not the time for that!”

“Ljoe… Amber is a girl.” Chunji end the words with a deep sigh.

“She’s a WHAT?”

“You heard me. She’s a girl.”

***

“So we finally arrived!"

"Fuhhh. I made a good job driving these lousy; don’t know how to shut up kids.” Mrs Choi mumbled to herself.

“Oh yeah Imo. You did a greaaaaat job.”

“Thanks mom!”

“Komawo ahjumannim.”

“Thank you very much, aunty.”

“Where are we anyways?”

That unreasonable question from Ljoe gain attention from Chunji. Finally. I almost thought that your eyeballs is going to fall off from just looking at that guy. Wait. She’s a girl. Yeah. A… Ok. Whatever. Now, I really have to find out what have actually happen in here.

“Oh stop we the gratitude, guys. So, I just drop you here I guess. You know how to deal with the receptionist, right Ren?

“Leave it all to me, mom.”

“I’ll come to pick you guys up at 2p.m tomorrow.”

“Sure!” They all say in rhymes.

***

“Ok. There would be 2 rooms for us. Everything was sponsored by Amber’s family so we don’t have to worry about that. One room for girls and another is of course for us three. Is that clear?”

“Roger.” Jiyeon said while smiling.

“Good girl!” Ren reply with a sweet smile.

“And, I still don’t know where this place is.”

“And, I also can see you’re being a total jerk today, huh Ljoe?”

“I am just trying to be honest, Ren. What is the place? Why did you bring us to here? Things like that. I have rights to know since I am one your guys now.”

“Well, Mr Ljoe. As far as I remember, you volunteered yourself to come. So, stop creating such a fuss.”

“Hey cute guy. Can you please go buy me some lollipop? I am out of them already. Pretty pretty please?”

“You have finished the one that you brought already? Wow. That was so fast.”

“I’m one good girl, ain’t I oppa?”

“Wait. So would anyone here explain to me again the reason of I have to do all these unnecessary things?”

“Chunji is coming with you.”

“Ok. Cool, Jiyeon.”

“I know you’re one kind hearted cute guy!”

“What? What did I have to do with this? Why me all of a sudden?”

“Don’t you want to help me, Chunji? Pretty pretty please?"

“Jiyeon-ah… That was not the problem, it was just-“

“It’s okay Chunji. Go grab some sweets at the lobby for Jiyeon while we take care of the luggage.”

Chunji sigh in defeat while looking slowly toward the one who was smiling joyfully beside him.

***

 

“There is nothing in here. Not a single newspapers stand. What kind of lobby is this?”

“I guess we have to take a look outside the hotel then. And, since you keep asking since earlier, we’re in Gyeongju now. You can googled that out. Search for Bomun Pavilion, Gyeongju. You'll see some picturuesque scenery of the place. We’re going to visit that place tomorrow. It is summer now so the view will not going to be as beautiful as in the picture… But still… Ren said it was the first place where his father meets his mother. So, it was kind of a special place for them.”

“You know what Chunji? You sound like a tourist guide now. I don't even understang the purpose of the visit but I'll join anyway. Yeah. I'm cool like that.”

“Ljoe... I have one tiny little request from you. And, I am sincerely hopping that you’re going to grand it for me. Let’s makes peace for now, Ljoe. I don’t want them to listen to you. It’s too early to come clean with what happen between us. I also think that it will just ruin our mood. This is not the right time. You realise that too, right? Please… I’m begging you. ”

“Chunji Daniels. Am I that horrifying to you? You’re afraid that I will cause embarrassment to you?”

“It’s not about me. It has never been about me, Ljoe. You’re the one who are in the state of, well let’s just say I think it is better that we don’t bring that thing up.”

“Stop blaming me for every single thing, Chunji. I told you I did EVERYTHING for you. Including the reason I am here now.”

“I am not blaming anyone. Let me ask you something then. Let’s be honest with each other Ljoe… What do you think you are doing? I appreciate that you come here from England just for me but how we’re going to handle about what would have waiting for you back in England? I don’t even want to imagine about it Ljoe.”

“Chunji Daniels.”

“And where do you think you’re going to leave Eunmi? Oh yes Ljoe. I still remember her name. That must blow you like a lot huh?”

“What about you and that girl looking like a guy then? I bet there are a lot of interesting stories that I should know huh?”

“You mean Amber? She’s a girl, Ljoe. I told you it was far from what you have on your mind now.”

“So you’re trying to tell me that you’re falling for a girl, then?”

“W-what? No! I… I am not!”

“You’re stuttering, Chunji… This is bad. I can’t believe this is the Chunji that I have known like for years.”

“I told you I’m not. I was just… Oh, I don’t know. Why am I explaining myself here?”

“Wait. Where are you going?”

“Anywhere except to you.”

“Hey! You should not do this to me! I’m not done talking! Hey, Chunji!”

“Keep your talk to yourself. I don’t have time for you, Ljoe. You should just go.”

“Chunji… How could you? I come to Korea for you, damn it. How could you do this to me?”

“I’m sorry Ljoe. Let’s talk later. Bye.”

From their room, Amber, Jiyeon and Ren were watching at the two.

“I told you that there is something strange about them, Amber.”

“I’m sure Chunji has his own reason too. Just like when I have mine.”

 

Spazzing on some gif from tumblr that I find!!! >< Hehe Please bear with me, ok XD