Epilogue

Between Sunrise and Sunset

Epilogue
Two Years Later. It’s the year 2017.

The door opened, showing a glimpse of the room, as someone walked in. The people milling outside the room paused to look, trying to catch whatever was happening inside.

“CHO KYUHYUN! I HATE YOU!”

Ryeowook frowned, his eyebrows furrowed. He didn’t look pleased with what seemed to be going on. Kyoungmi, his wife, reached for his hand and squeezed it in an effort to comfort and assure him.

“Well, things seem to be going well,” Heechul snickered, laughing loudly. He ended up being slapped on the arm by Angie. “Let’s see how Kyuhyunnie’s going to fare this time around,” he went on, chuckling almost evilly. Angie slapped his arm again, this time harder.

“Ya!” Heechul retorted. “Just because we’re the same age, doesn’t mean you can go and slap me any time you want.”

“Of course I can,” Angie shot back, grinning almost evilly. “I’m your only hyung’s wife, after all. And you wouldn’t dare get mad at me because you love me.”

Heechul turned to Leeteuk, who was chuckling and nodding in agreement. “Why did you marry her again?”

“Hey,” Angie protested.

“Well, there are a lot of reasons really,” Leeteuk seriously answered, turning to his wife. “But mostly it’s because she’s Angie. My Angie.” He smiled lovingly at his wife, who leaned forward giddily to give him a kiss.

There were groans everywhere at this statement, which the eldest couple chose to ignore, deciding to just continue kissing.

“And the cheesiest couple strikes again,” Chaena states loud enough that everyone heard it.

“Look who’s talking,” Huiying murmured teasingly, pointedly looking at how Yesung’s arm was securely wrapped around her with his hand rubbing her arm up and down.

“Look who’s talking,” Chaena shot back, making a face at how Zhoumi was practically wrapped around Huiying. Zhoumi merely smiled sheepishly.

“It’s not my fault I can’t let go of my fiancée,” Zhoumi jumped to Huiying’s defense.

“Same here,” Yesung shot back.

“Whatever, oppa,” Huiying retorted, rolling her eyes then grinning mischievously. “You still owe us anyway for not inviting us to your wedding.” Chaena’s eyes widened guiltily, while Yesung let out a soft groan.

“You’ll never really let us live that down, won’t you?” Yesung responded.

Chaena had been Yesung’s on and off (mostly on) girlfriend for 10 years. Despite being close to Angie and the boys, she wasn’t really around much, being busy with her work. Apparently, in 2012, just after Yesung’s birthday, the two had decided to be secretly wed. None of the members knew, not even Angie suspected anything. They only found out about it when Chaena announced, rather shockingly, that she was pregnant. Their baby girl, Soojin, was currently almost two years old.

“Nope,” most of the members and their significant others chorused, shaking their heads.

“I was really looking forward to being Chaena’s maid of honor,” Angie piped in.

“I was looking forward to being best man, too,” Leeteuk added, nodding resolutely, supporting his wife.

“What makes you think that you’re his best man?” Kangin questioned. “It could be anyone.”

“Who, you?” Heechul teased.

“Of course not me,” Kangin replied solemnly. “Yesung hyung and I were never really close.” Taeyeon laughed beside him.

“Ya!” Yesung protested. He made a face at him. “Actually, if you must know, I was going to pick Ryeowook as my best man.” He shot an apologetic look to Leeteuk, to which he merely laughed at.

“Well now, I’m hurt,” Ryeowook joined in the conversation. “You should have invited us to your wedding if I was going to be your best man. You were my best man at my wedding.”

Yesung never got to respond to this because, at that moment, his little girl walked right up to him, holding a bouquet of flowers.

“Appa,” Soojin called cutely, handing him the flowers. “Omma.”

“Where did you get this, Soo?” Chaena wanted to know, looking up in time to see Donghae and Jessica walking towards them. Jessica was holding Sungjoo’s hand, while Donghae was carrying Sunhee. Each child had a bouquet in hand.

“I see you raided the flower shop,” Heechul commented, smiling widely as Sunhee begged to be released from Donghae’s embrace and ran to get on his lap. “Hey, pretty lady.” Sunhee giggled.

“We bought flowers, samchon,” Sunhee showed him, ing the bouquet to his face.

“I can see that,” Heechul mumbled through the petals.

“For Riri sukmo!” Sungjoo cheered.

“Sunhee,” Angie lightly chided. “Don’t put the flowers too close to samchon’s face.”

“Sorry, omma,” Sunhee apologized adorably. “Sorry, samchon.” Heechul looked like he wanted to squish her, so Leeteuk immediately touched his arm to restrain him.

“Where’s Hyoyoung?” Kyoungmi wanted to know, looking behind Jessica and Donghae. Hyoyoung was Ryeowook and Kyoungmi’s one-year-old girl.

“And Hyunjin,” Angie asked.

“They’re with Sungmin hyung and Hyukjae,” Donghae explained.

Shortly after, the two mentioned males had arrived with Hyoyoung and Hyunjin in their arms, both also holding a bouquet of flowers. Hyoyoung ran towards her parents, while Hyunjin climbed on Siwon’s lap.

“Why do they have flowers, too?” Kibum inquired. “Despite the thought, I don’t think Kyuhyun would like having too many flowers in the room. There are a ton already.” He gave pointed look at the flowers and gifts littering the hallway, all from the fans. “And all daisies, too.”

“Riri would appreciate it, though,” Eunhyuk corrected him. “She likes daisies.”

“How are they doing?” Jessica asked worriedly. Donghae sided up to her and put an arm around her shoulders. Sungjoo untangled his hand from hers and ran up to his mom, ing the bouquet right at her face as well.

The door suddenly opened and Kyuhyun came rushing out, red in the face, perspiring. Leeteuk and Zhoumi immediately stood up from their seats, looking worried.

“What’s wrong?” Leeteuk demanded.

“Is everything okay? Are things not working out?” Zhoumi questioned fearfully.

“She…she…” Kyuhyun choked, looking like he was about to burst into tears. “She hates me. She…she told me to leave her alone.” She slumped down on one of the empty seats and buried his head in his hands.

The words I hate you reverberated so strongly in Kyuhyun’s being. It reminded him of the time Jin Ri so decisively told him that she didn’t love him anymore. He buried his head further into his hands, pulling on his hair.

“Appa?” a tiny voice gurgled at him.

Kyuhyun lifted his head at the sound of his son’s voice. Hyunjin was looking at him with big, curious eyes and was holding up the bouquet of flowers towards him. He was almost two years old.

“Ower!!!” Hyunjin then cheerfully said, practically shoving the flowers to his face.

“Ower?” Kangin echoed, looking confused. “What is ower?”

“It’s flower,” the ladies chorused.

“Come here, little man,” Kyuhyun urged, picking him up and sitting him on his lap. “Who are those for?”

“Ommaaa,” Hyunjin eagerly answered. “Omma. Omma.” He looked at his father and touched the side of his eye and mouth. “Tad?”

“What is—?” Kangin began.

“Sad,” Taeyeon answered, smiling fondly at him.

Kyuhyun forced a smile on his face. “Where did you and Sungmin samchon and Hyukjae samchon buy these flowers?”

Hyunjin twisted on his father’s lap and pointed at the direction where they’d come from. He then turned his attention back to his father and started poking at his face. Kyuhyun chuckled a little and gave Hyunjin a kiss on the head.

“Is everything okay, Kyu?” Ryeowook asked the magnae. “How’s Ri?”

The door opened and a male in white walked out. “Mr. Cho?”

Kyuhyun stood up, carrying Hyunjin. “Everything okay?”

“She’s asking for you.” The male returned back into the room.

“But she just said that she wanted me to leave her alone,” Kyuhyun frowned confusedly. But he decidedly looked better at the thought that she still wanted to see him.

“Kyuhyun, she’s giving birth to your child,” Kyoungmi explained gently, but there was an amused smile threatening to take over her face. “It’s not exactly a walk in the park so she will tend to say things that she doesn’t really mean.”

“Couldn’t you guys say things that don’t hurt our feelings instead?” Yesung piped in, glancing at his wife. Chaena laughed.

“That’s a question I want to ask, too,” Ryeowook stated, glancing at his wife, who giggled.

“Are you going to tell me you hate me, too, when you give birth to our child?” Shindong asked Nari, his wife.

“I can’t promise I won’t,” Nari told him seriously. Shindong made a face at her.

“I definitely will,” Huiying answered Zhoumi before he could even open his mouth.

“It’s something that every married male will have to live with,” Leeteuk authoritatively declared.

“You should go back inside, oppa,” Taeyeon calmly but urgently suggested. “I’m sure she wants you to be there with her. I’ll take Hyunjin.”

Kyuhyun nodded, gave Hyunjin a kiss before giving him to Taeyeon and walked back inside the delivery room.

~ * ~

She was walking on clouds, taking in the cool breeze, the softness of the pathway on her feet. The sun was shining brightly, casting its golden glow upon her, and warming her face and her heart. She was about to take a seat on a bench that had appeared nearby when she heard someone calling her name. She looked longingly at the bench and decided that she would ignore whoever was calling her.

Then someone was prodding her arm.

“Princess. Princess, wake up.”

Jin Ri slowly opened her eyes. It took a couple of seconds for her vision to focus and see anything. When it had, she saw Kyuhyun hovering over her, a big grin on his face. The next thing that she noticed was that it was so dark in the room.

“What is it, Kyu?” she groggily asked. “Is something wrong?” She slowly sat up and looked at the clock. It was just 5:17 in the morning. “Ugh, Kyu, it’s so early.”

Suddenly, the door banged open and Hyunjin came running in, climbing up the bed and into his mother’s arms.

“Hyunnie, why are you up so early?” she asked, glancing at Kyuhyun, who was just smiling.

“Appa woke me up,” Hyunjin yawned.

Jin Ri’s eyes shot towards her husband. “Kyu, what’s this all about?”

“You’ll see,” Kyuhyun grinned as he took his wife’s and son’s hand and led them both out of the room and out onto the balcony.

There was a table set up with four chairs. On the table were some bread, fruits and salad, beautifully set up with plates, glasses and some candles. Hyunjin let go of his father’s hand and ran towards the railing, while Jin Ri met her husband’s eyes.

“It’s 5 in the morning, Kyu,” she pointed out obviously, “I think it’s too early for breakfast.”

Kyuhyun chuckled in embarrassment. “Sorry. You don’t have to eat. We don’t have to do this now,” he immediately replied. “I just thought it’d be nice to eat together while the sun rises.” He kissed her on the forehead then walked towards Hyunjin. “Hey, come on back inside, little man. It’s too early for you to play.” He carried his son and moved to go back inside.

Before Kyuhyun could bring Hyunjin back inside the house, Jin Ri stopped him. She got Hyunjin from him then walked over to the table.

“Do you want a strawberry?” she asked Hyunjin.

His little face lit up like a Christmas tree. “Stwawbewwy!!!”

She sat him down on one of the seats and put a bib around his neck then put some strawberries on his plate, along with some grapes and bread. She then turned towards Kyuhyun, who was still standing by the sliding glass doors.

“This is wonderful,” she told him, giving him a kiss on the lips. “Thank you.”

Kyuhyun took her hand in his and led her to the balcony railing. Jin Ri leaned against it, while Kyuhyun situated himself behind her, wrapping his arms around her small frame.

“I just wanted to do something for you,” he began softly, lightly kissing her head. “You were so amazing, giving birth to Kyuri.”

“Really? Even though I told you that I hated you?” she slightly.

“But you don’t hate me,” he countered.

“Then why did you leave the operating room?” she innocently asked. “Everyone kept on telling me that you looked like you were going to cry.”

“I was not,” he heavily defended himself. “I was just—you looked like you were having such a hard time that—.”

“I love you, Kyu,” she declared as she turned around to face him. “I hope you don’t ever think that I hate you because I can never do.”

Kyuhyun gave her a kiss, one that he wished could encompass just how much he loved her.

Right at that moment, the sun started to rise and Hyunjin jumped up from his seat and ran to the railing to watch it.

“Pweetttyy!” Hyunjin exclaimed in awe, pointing at it.

Jin Ri carried Hyunjin so he could see the view better. Kyuhyun put an arm around her shoulders.

It was a beautiful sunrise, Jin Ri couldn’t help but think. She decided it was the most beautiful sunrise she’d seen ever since it became her thing with Kyuhyun. It made her feel that everything was back in its rightful place. They were finally started their family the way they wanted to in the beginning and things were just great right now. She couldn’t ask for anything more.

Suddenly, a cry broke the peaceful silence. Jin Ri and Kyuhyun exchanged a look, just as Hyunjin spoke, “Kwuwi!”

“You better check on your daughter,” Kyuhyun decided, getting Hyunjin from her.

“My daughter?” Jin Ri repeated in amusement.

“When she cries like that before seven in the morning, she’s your daughter,” he determined.

“Is that so?” she responded. “Well, then, I’ve decided that I’ll only be your wife before 7am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.” She walked back into the house to get Kyuri.

“Ya!” Kyuhyun called. “You can’t do that!”

“Watch me!” Jin Ri yelled back.

Kyuhyun, with Hyunjin in his arms, rushed back into the house after Jin Ri.

END.


---
Author's Notes:
1. This is set in the month of May.
2. Heechul and Yesung have been out of the army for a year. Leeteuk starts his military service the following month.
3. Super Junior "unofficially" disbanded in November of 2016. Unofficially meaning they merely said they were going to focus on doing their own activities from now on but that they'll always be Super Junior.
4. Um, so thank you again for putting up with this story. This wouldn't have been what it is without your support. :) Special thanks to eternalsnow. She's amazing and her characters are amazing. Chaena is hers, as well. :)
5. Comments are welcome.
6. I'm going to miss this! /sobs and runs away