Chapter 29

Between Sunrise and Sunset

Chapter 29
Ryeowook grabbed the ball from Zhoumi when he saw that it had landed in the older male’s hands. Zhoumi, meanwhile, yelled in protest, something along the lines of them being on the same team. The eternal magnae ran down the length of the court and scored instead, also ignoring the other members of his team. All the hyungs, even those a part of Ryeowook’s team groaned at his excessive display of athleticism, which only happened when his fiancée was watching.

“Wookie’s quite the athlete,” Angie teased Kyoungmi, giggling as she changed the position of her one-year-old boy, Sungjoo, on her lap.

Huiying, who was sitting right beside Kyoungmi and Nari, snorted in a very unladylike manner. “Showing off as usual,” she stated in a knowing voice.

Kyoungmi shoved her lightly, but there was a grin on her face. “You’re just jealous that your boyfriend isn’t athletic at all. Besides, what can I do when Wook knows what turns me on?” She blushed as Ryeowook winked at her then covered , suddenly embarrassed at what she said, as Angie, Huiying, Nari and Taeyeon all burst into loud laughter.

“I hardly think Ryeowook oppa’s so-called athleticism is anything to be jealous of,” Huiying made a face at her.

And I don’t think we need to hear just how active your love life is, dear,” Angie teased.

This coming from the girl who’s been caught with her husband by practically everyone currently present in this house,” Taeyeon shot back, laughing even harder.

“Not in this house, I hope,” a voice behind them joined in just as Angie turned red.

The four girls turned around and saw Jin Ri, her pregnancy now more prominent, carrying a tray of drinks and sandwiches. Huiying and Taeyeon immediately jumped up from their seats to help her place them on the table.

“Why didn’t you ask for help?” Taeyeon scolded her, helping the five-months pregnant lady to a seat.

“Why do you even bother serving them?” Huiying corrected, nodding towards the boys, who were now wrestling on the court. During the time that Kyuhyun was in the hospital, some of the members had decided, with permission of Jin Ri, to turn half of the lawn into a basketball court. It was for their purposes of course, for when they were keeping Jin Ri company at home.

“You sound like you don’t care about Mimi being crushed,” Angie commented, her eyes trained on her daughter standing right beside the pile of Super Junior boys, on the bottom of which was Zhoumi.

“I don’t,” Huiying immediately responded, shrugging indifferently. But the three girls knew that she was worried from the way her eyes kept on drifting back to her boyfriend.

“Just as long as you’re the one who’s crushing him, right?” Kyoungmi teased back triumphantly, giggling like a little girl.

Huiying coughed to hide her burning cheeks. The rest of the girls erupted into a fit of giggles. In an effort to turn the heat away from her, she turned to Jin Ri, “Are you sure Kyuhyun oppa’s okay to be exerting so much effort? Doesn’t he still have stitches?”

“What effort?” Jin Ri scoffed. She looked at Kyuhyun who was holding Sunhee’s hand and was pointing and laughing at the Super Junior pile.

“Oh, I don’t mean right now,” Huiying snickered, leaning back on her seat.

Jin Ri’s cheeks immediately pinked. “Unnie! I’m pregnant!” she emphasized, choking back a cough.

“That’s never stopped us before,” Angie muttered, making the other girls shoot surprised looks at her before all groaning because of the unwanted images in their head. “I never said that you imagine it,” she snapped, poking her tongue out at them. Sungjoo reached up and touched her tongue. Angie kissed his hand instead.

“But have you done…anything while you’ve been pregnant?” Taeyeon asked interestedly, leaning towards Jin Ri.

Jin Ri blushed harder and shook her head. “I’m pregnant,” she reiterated. Taeyeon made a face and leaned back on her seat in disappointment at the lack of exciting information.

“Kangin oppa seems to be having fun,” Kyoungmi observed.

“You think?” Nari quipped, snickering.

Kangin was at the very top of the Super Junior pile. Directly underneath him was Eunhyuk, then Siwon, Kibum, Hangeng, Donghae, Henry, Sungmin, Leeteuk, Shindong, Ryeowook and Zhoumi.

“Have you and Kangin oppa done anything yet?” Nari interestedly asked Taeyeon, exchanging a smirk with Huiying.

Kyoungmi started poking Taeyeon’s arm when she refused to answer. Huiying, Nari and Jin Ri all joined in, enjoying seeing Taeyeon squirm.

“If we have, I’m not going to tell you,” Taeyeon grounded out. The girls sighed in discontentment. “But…” The girls looked hopeful. “It’s been really good, so far.” She grinned widely, a pinkness on her cheeks.

As the three other girls squealed in delight, Angie turned to Jin Ri, nudging her lightly. “Is everything okay?” the older girl wanted to know. “I mean, being serious about the whole thing, it’s still pretty common for a married couple to do certain activities, despite being pregnant. And you and Kyuhyun haven’t really…in a while. Is there something wrong?”

Kyuhyun had been released from the hospital three weeks after his birthday. The doctors wanted to further observe his condition, check his memory, as well as do some rehabilitation. Jin Ri stayed with him everyday, helping him through everything. Luckily, he was perfectly well and was released in good condition, with the advice that he visits the doctor every other week for some follow up check ups.

Currently, they were at the Cho home, celebrating Kyuhyun’s release from the hospital, as well as his birthday. They never really got to celebrate it properly at the hospital. The nurses absolutely refused any form of music playing, no matter how much Siwon charmed them. Meanwhile, Angie and Leeteuk put off any form of party for the birthday of their kids until Kyuhyun was finally home. The twins had turned the big one on the second of March, a big event for any parent, but they wanted the family to be complete when they did.

“Everything’s fine,” Jin Ri told her and the rest of the girls with a small smile. “He’s able to rest well every night. He snores more than before,” she giggled. “But I don’t really mind.” She smiled widely.

They had never seen Jin Ri as happy as she was now. She seemed even happier than the day that she and Kyuhyun got married. But they all understood her. Kyuhyun was alive and well. He had come back to her, body, soul and heart. She deserved such happiness.

“And how are you?” Nari then asked. “Have you been getting any sleep at all?” She peered at Jin Ri, looking past the black frames she had on. It didn’t do much to hide the evidence of the lack of sleep on her eyes.

It wasn’t a secret anymore that Jin Ri had dreams, some worse than others, which had intensified during the time when Kyuhyun was unconscious. On one occasion in the past few weeks, most of them stayed in the hospital with Kyuhyun and Jin Ri as the Super Junior magnae wanted details on everything that he had missed. So they all did and most had decided to sleep over. In the middle of the night, they were all woken up by Jin Ri sobbing in her sleep. Kyuhyun, who was right beside her, did everything he could to calm her down. He quietly calmed her down, kissing her gently, softly singing her to sleep.

“You haven’t been sleeping properly, have you?” Taeyeon accused, frowning.

Jin Ri hesitated. “I have,” she corrected them. “Just…I wake up when he’s already sleeping, sleep in another room then wake up earlier and come back.”

“So that he won’t know about your dreams?” Nari immediately replied. Jin Ri nodded.

“And he hasn’t noticed?” Kyoungmi asked in disbelief.

“It’s impossible that he hasn’t,” Huiying interjected.

“He hasn’t said anything,” Jin Ri said, shrugging. “But I don’t want to burden him further with my nightmares. He’s just getting better and it could just give him more stress.”

Seeing Hyo Sun hanging through a rope from the ceiling wasn’t an image she could easily forget. There were times when she found herself cowering in fear so suddenly whenever a glimpse of the horrible incident would come to her. And even when she had gone to talk to a professional about her dreams and her fears, as her uncle suggested, it didn’t do much to diminish any of it.

“Ri, you have to talk to him about it,” Angie advised. “I agree with Ying. He probably has noticed. He’s probably just giving you space, waiting for you to open up.”

“He loves you,” Kyoungmi added.

“You should’ve seen how worried he was when you had nightmares in the hospital,” Huiying piped in.

“Just…try to tell him,” Angie finished.

~ * ~

Jin Ri was finally back to work. Two weeks after Kyuhyun had gone home, her husband had forced her to go back to the routine that she had before everything happened. So, albeit hesitantly, she did. She reported to work the first thing Monday morning and told her boss that she was officially back to work, no more part timing. Seung Hun was very happy to hear this and immediately dumped a ton of work on her without hesitation. Apparently, he had been the one taking over her projects since the other photographers were swamped with other projects.

And so she was at the office on a Saturday afternoon. She was hunched over her laptop, studiously editing the comeback photos of f(x). She was so concentrated on her work that when she felt something crawling on her neck, she jumped in shock and immediately slapped her neck.

A loud, boyish but mischievous laughter echoed in the office. She hurriedly turned around and found Kyuhyun sitting on one of the chairs, doubled up in laughter. In his hand was one of those feather pens that he found on one of the desks. She narrowed her eyes at him and made at face.

“Kyuhyun,” Jin Ri said exasperatedly.

“I’m sorry, princess,” Kyuhyun guffawed. “You were just so serious that I…” He couldn’t even finish the sentence and just ended up laughing again.

“Ugh, LameKyu!” she exclaimed, going back to her work.

He immediately stopped laughing at hearing this. He rolled his chair to the empty space beside hers and tilted his head to meet her eyes. “LameKyu?” he repeated, pouting. “Since when has that been a nickname of yours for me?”

She ignored him. He poked her arm.

“Princess?” he continued to pout. “Princeeeeeesssss.”

She poked him back, on the stomach. Smirking in satisfaction when he grunted, she returned her attention to her laptop.

But, as she edited the photos, she suddenly noticed how it was suddenly too quiet. Kyuhyun never gave up that easily. She looked up from her work and turned to Kyuhyun. He was leaned back on his seat, eyes closed, hand on his tummy, or more specifically, on the spot where his wound was. Almost immediately, she stood up and hurried to his side, crouching down beside his seat.

“Seobang, are you okay? Does it hurt?” she urgently demanded. “Kyuhyun,” she repeated more insistently when he merely grimaced in seeming pain. “Do you need me to bring you to the doctor?”

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and shook his head, managing a small smile. “You just poked too hard, is all,” he admitted guiltily.

She sighed in relief. “I’m sorry,” she then told him. “Just…are you sure you’re okay?” Ever since his coma, her husband’s health and safety was on the top of her list. She always wanted to be sure that Kyuhyun was alright, that he wasn’t feeling any pain. She really didn’t want to take any chances.

“Kiss me to make it feel better?” he asked, giving her a cute pout.

Without hesitation, Jin Ri stood up and leaned over him to press her lips to his. And without missing a beat, Kyuhyun s his arm around her waist and brought her closer, making her straddle his lap.

“Kyuhyun, we’re at the office,” she mumbled into his lips, trying to push him away. But his locked arms around her wouldn’t let her move an inch. “Kyu—hyun.” The last syllable of his name came out as a moan as his lips moved from her lips to her neck.

“I miss you, princess,” he murmured through her skin. His hands roamed up and down her sides, straining to get contact to more skin.

She let Kyuhyun have his way with her, leaning even more into his touches and advances, kissing him deeper and harder. Because she missed him, too. But when his hand inched up her thigh, she pushed him away with much effort and got off his lap.

“We can’t do this here,” she insisted, her breathing coming out in quiet gasps.

“But why?” he whined huskily.

“I’m pregnant!” she reminded him.

“Since when is that a reason not to do it?” he cheekily responded.

She glared then narrowed her eyes at him. “You weren’t really hurt, were you?” she accused, pointing at him. When her husband gave her a smile that was far from guilty, she rolled her eyes. “You can’t joke like that, Kyuhyun,” she stated with a frown. “I was really worried and—.”

Kyuhyun stood up from his seat and cut her sentence off by placing another kiss on her lips, eating her words.

“I’m sorry,” he soothingly apologized. “I’m sorry,” he repeated, more contritely. “I didn’t mean to make you worried. I just…I really miss you.”

“I’m right here,” she responded softly, reaching her hand up to rest on his cheek.

He cleared his throat, a blush spreading to his cheeks. “Well, I miss you in…other ways as well.”

“Kyuhyun, I—.”

“Are you two done?” a voice called from the hallway. “Can I come in now?”

Jin Ri tried to push Kyuhyun away, but was unable to do so with his arms around her waist. She glanced at the doorway and saw Keiji walk in, his hands covering his eyes. She stiffened very subtly, which Kyuhyun noticed but didn’t comment on.

“Hey man,” Kyuhyun greeted him cordially before Jin Ri could think of anything to say.

Her eyes shot towards him in surprise. Despite things being cleared up, despite her explaining to Kyuhyun that Keiji was innocent, there was still the issue of him and her in Japan. She wasn’t sure how her husband was about it considering they’d never really talked about it. Too many things had happened since then that she figured it was water under the bridge. But now that they were all facing each other again, she suddenly wasn’t so sure.

“Hey,” Keiji greeted back in a muffled voice. His face was still covered by his hands. Slowly, he removed his hands from his face and grinned when he saw that the couple wasn’t in a passionate embrace anymore. “Just came to get some stuff I forgot yesterday,” he told them, walking towards his desk.

Shortly after the proper authorities had found Hyo Sun, everything had been cleared up in no time. It had been cleared up that Hyo Sun was apparently the one who had been harassing the couple, sending them bothering letters and packages and that she had been stalking Kyuhyun for quite some time now. Also, it had been proven through Keiji’s testimony that it was Hyo Sun who had ordered some guy, who had been caught as well, to go to the airport to hurt Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun had been filled in on this a couple of days after he had woken up. Leeteuk had taken it as his responsibility to tell him the details as Jin Ri was still to shaken up to do so. Kyuhyun had been visibly upset about such information. He couldn’t believe that someone he had cared about and had supposedly cared about him in return would do such a thing. To add to that, he had allowed himself to allow her to jeopardize his marriage and harm his wife.

What Jin Ri didn’t know was that Keiji had sought Kyuhyun out and went to meet with him to explain everything. They talked. Keiji asked for forgiveness. Kyuhyun gave it to him. Kyuhyun understood the fact that Keiji started getting deep into the agreement with Hyo Sun when he badly needed funds to support the hospitalization of his mother. Apparently, they used to be friends when they were kids but had been separated when Keiji’s family fell into hard times. When they reunited, through some conversations, Hyo Sun found out that he was acquainted with Kyuhyun’s wife. And that’s when the blackmailing started. Hyo Sun had the money and Keiji couldn’t say no.

“No worries,” Kyuhyun told him with a slight chuckle. “How’s your mom? She okay with the move?”

“Excited,” Keiji told him. “It’s been a while since I’d seen her smile like the way she’s doing now.”

“You’re moving?” Jin Ri joined in on the conversation. “To where?”

Keiji turned to Kyuhyun, giving him a questioning look, then looked at her again. “The doctors have recommended that I fly my mom back to Japan. We’ll continue doing treatments there, but it’s mostly so she’ll be more comfortable. She likes it there better and well… We’ve run out of options.”

“Are you—but where will you stay? Do you need any help?” Jin Ri offered without hesitations. “I still have my apartment from there, if you need a place to stay.”

Keiji smiled, feeling happy at Jin Ri’s continued kindness and friendship to him more than anything. But he shook his head. “That’s actually been taken care of,” he responded, giving a knowing and appreciative glance at Kyuhyun. “But thank you. It means a lot to me that you offered.” He gave them a slight bow then walked out of the room.

Jin Ri shifted uncomfortably in her stance, biting her lip. She wanted to be able to talk to Keiji more, to be able to ask how she could help him, to be able to say goodbye, but she wasn’t sure that Kyuhyun would be welcome with the idea.

“You should go and talk to him,” Kyuhyun suggested, putting an arm around her and giving her a kiss on the head as he sensed her uncertainty. When she didn’t do anything to go after him, he chuckled and tilted her face so she would meet his eyes. “This isn’t an issue between us anymore, I promise you. Now, go and talk to him. Say your goodbyes properly.”

She looked at him, an overwhelming love for him filling her heart. Without warning, she stood on tiptoe and pressed her lips against his. He chuckled and kissed her back eagerly. She then grinned at him and left to go and talk to Keiji.

~ * ~

“I’ve never been up here before.”

Jin Ri chuckled and turned to Keiji as she leaned on the railing. “The first time I was up here,” she started to share, “was when I had just gotten back from Japan. Siwon oppa tried to knock some sense into me about not making the mistake of marrying someone I didn’t love and letting Kyuhyun walk away from my life.”

Keiji smiled a little and shook his head, staring out into the vast view of the Seoul skyline. “I’m sorry if I’ve been someone who was the complete opposite, trying to destroy your relationship with Kyuhyun,” he apologized.

“Stop apologizing for something you didn’t mean to do,” she lightly berated him. “You wouldn’t have done it if the circumstances were different. If you mom hadn’t been sick and you weren’t being blackmailed, you wouldn’t do it.”

“I would,” he corrected her without hesitations. She shot him a surprised look. “I would,” he repeated, a small smile on his face, “but maybe in a different manner.”

“Keiji,” she quietly reproved, a small frown on her face.

“The way you came into my life was such a pleasant surprise,” he shared, smiling fondly. “I was going on with my life, trying to figure out ways to get out of the hard slump me and my family were in, and then you come along, crying, heartbroken and just…so beautiful. No one in their right mind would be able to help falling for you.”

“I don’t know what to say,” she helplessly responded.

He chuckled. “Don’t worry, I’ve told the exact same things to Kyuhyun and, even he, agrees,” he relayed. “I’m just telling you because, I want you to know, both of you, that my feelings were genuine and that I never really intended to hurt the both of you.” He let out a breath quietly. “I am sorry, Jin Ri. For all the trouble I’ve caused, for hurting you, physically and emotionally. You and Kyuhyun…you’re made for each other, I see that now, and I hope that whatever I did wouldn’t have a permanent effect on your relationship.”

“If anything, it’s made us stronger,” she told him, smiling. She appreciated the fact that Keiji had come through for her, despite everything that he had done in the past. He had once promised her that he would do anything for her and, even though there were detours along the way, in the end, he did. “When’s your flight?”

“Tonight,” he answered, glancing at his wristwatch.

“If there’s anything that you need…” she began.

“Kyuhyun’s already offered to take care of everything,” he assured her gratefully. “I think he knew that it’s what you would’ve wanted, so thank you.”

They stood there and looked at each other, their years together flashing through their heads. The pleasant and unpleasant memories mixed up together to create some memories they both would remember in different moments in their lives. But what was important was that they knew they would always be there for each other, somehow, for here on onwards. What they had now was friendship.

“I should go,” Keiji told her. He reached for her hand and, bowing slightly, he brought it to his lips and kissed her knuckles.

Jin Ri chuckled a little and shook her head. She pulled his hand and brought him to a hug. “Take care of yourself,” she whispered.

~ * ~

“It’s been a good day, hasn’t it?” Kyuhyun conversationally began as he and his wife got into bed and moved under the covers.

“I still can’t believe you and Keiji had talked without me knowing about it,” Jin Ri replied, turning on her side to be able to look at him.

“It was a man to man talk, no ladies allowed,” he told her seriously. “There was a bit of violence even. I mean, he still had done something to try to ruin our marriage and I had to defend your honor. I was, you know, being PrinceKyu.”

PrinceKyu,” she snorted. “There was no defending of honor that happened. Don’t exaggerate.”

“Hey,” he whined. “Why don’t you ever like PrinceKyu anymore?” He pouted. “He used to be the one you loved the most. Is it because I lost weight? I could gain more muscle, you know, and be more princely. Or is it the hair? That can always be fixed. Or—.”

“Since when did you become VainKyu?” She raised her eyebrows at him in amusement.

Kyuhyun merely made at face at her, choosing not to comment. Ever since he had gotten out of the hospital, he had constantly complained at how he looked pasty and thin and just blah. So he had been trying to go to the gym and eat the right food to be able to gain back the proper weight and had been adding extra BB cream to his face to look “more handsome than he already is” (in his own words).

“Thank you,” she said, snuggling towards him. “Thank you for understanding and for helping him.”

He smiled a little and kissed her forehead. “He didn’t mean it,” he responded. “If you’d seen how he apologized to me…” He shook his head and chuckled as he remembered the way Keiji bowed for what seemed like hours as he explained his side. “He’s still our friend and we always help our friends.”

She smiled adoringly at him. “I love you,” she declared.

“I love you,” he returned, leaning forward to kiss her. “Let’s go to bed.”

She nodded and moved back to make him more comfortable and to turn off the lamp on her bedside table. He did the same and they snuggled back onto the bed and closed their eyes, holding hands under the sheets.

It usually took just half an hour for Kyuhyun to fall into slumber. So, 30 minutes later, Jin Ri quietly sat up, gently untangled her hand from his and left the room.

It was always the same every night. They would go to bed. She would wait for him to fall asleep. Then she would slip out of the room and sleep in the second floor living room by the balcony. She didn’t want to be beside him when she had her dreams. She didn’t want to risk waking him up and stressing him out.

She laid down on the couch and closed her eyes.

It was cold and damp as she walked down the pathway. There was a loud echo with every step that she took. She shivered and clutched her sweater tighter around her as a chilly breeze blew by her. She felt her breathing growing heavier and heavier as she trudged along the slowly steepening way. A sudden light shown at the end of the tunnel she was in and she had to abruptly stop walking and shield her eyes from the blinding light.

When she opened them again, the light was gone. Instead, Hyo Sun was there, hanging from a rope staring at her.

“I killed myself because of you.”

Jin Ri gasped loudly, as if out of breath, brought back to consciousness, breathing heavily. She tried to steady the fast beating of her heart, calming the inhale and exhale of air in her lungs.

It was always the same dream, Hyo Sun appearing and blaming her for her death. It scared her right through her bones the couple of times it first happened. But she had since learned to manage her fear in firm belief that she had nothing to do with her suicide. She had also been better at waking herself up in the middle of such nightmares and steering her thoughts elsewhere. Right before the part where she would usually scream, she had managed to learn to bring herself to consciousness and go right back to sleep more peacefully.

As she shifted her position, she suddenly realized that she wasn’t alone on the couch.

Kyuhyun was right beside her, an arm right around her small frame and a hand protective on her belly.

“Are you okay?” he murmured sleepily as she stared at him in shock.

“What are you doing here?” she asked confusedly, sitting up, now wide-awake.

He finally opened his eyes to look at her. “You seriously didn’t think that I didn’t know about this,” he commented in disbelief as he sat up as well.

“Well, I—,” she cut herself off with a shrug.

“Princess, you really have to start giving me more credit,” he told her, frowning a bit. “I’m your husband, your partner, someone who’s supposed to be taking care of you. I try to do all of that, but it’s harder when you don’t talk to me or tell me things.”

“I’m sorry,” she muttered. “I didn’t want to be a bother.”

“The reason why I’m here is so that you would have someone to bother about anything,” he countered gently. “I don’t really care what it is. If you’re concerned about anything, I would rather know so I know what to do and how to help you.” He touched her chin and made her look at him. “Do you understand? I love you and I’m right here, so talk to me, lean on me.”

Ever since he had come home, there was nothing more than he wanted than to be right beside his wife. He’d memorized even better just how she felt in his arms through all the time she had slept beside him in the hospital. But when they’d reached home, he suddenly felt a certain loss every single time they went to bed. That’s how he found out that she had been leaving the room every night.

What Jin Ri didn’t know was that, every time she left, Kyuhyun followed. He slept beside her and helped her through her nightmares.


She sighed and moved to cuddle to him. “I’m sorry,” she stated, wrapping her arms around his waist. “I had hoped it would go away then I could start sleeping beside you without ever waking you up in your sleep.”

“I don’t care,” he insisted. “You’ve done more for me than I ever can for you.” He kissed her cheek. “You stayed even when it seemed like there was no reason to.”

“I have every reason to stay with you, Kyuhyun,” she shook her head and smiled at him. “I love you. That’s enough for me.”

They sat on the couch, facing the sliding doors towards the balcony. The light from the sun’s rays had started to peek through the horizon, starting to illuminate the sky in picturesque blues, oranges and reds.

“I missed doing this with you,” he shared, hugging her tighter.

She sighed contentedly in his arms. “Me too. It wasn’t the same over the phone.”

The sun had come out through the clouds, shining brightly, bringing with it the promise of a beautiful new day.

“Is there anything in our relationship that you would do over again?” he surprisingly asked.

“Doesn’t matter,” she answered, shaking her head. “What’s important to me is we’re here right now. You’re with me.” She tilted her head and kissed his cheek. After a second, she gave him a curious look. “Is there something you would want to do over again?”

He shifted in his seat and got something out from his pajamas pocket. Her eyes widened as he presented her with a silver ring with diamonds encrusted all around it.

“What’s this?” she wanted to know, looking at him, stunned.

He smiled at her and gave her a kiss on the lips, short, soft, but sweet and full of love.

“Do you…would you want to get married to me again, princess?” Kyuhyun tenderly asked. It had only been a year and a half since they had gotten married, but he wanted to marry her again, to show her that she was his only love.

Jin Ri’s eyes filled with tears as he continued to smile at her, hopeful and expectant. She knew it was his way of starting over their lives together, of starting to live their life the way they had hoped and planned to from the beginning. But, to her, he didn’t have to. Everything that had happened had strengthened her belief in him and their love for each other. All the sunsets that had happened in their life had done nothing but make her hope for a more beautiful sunrise.

“It’s not going to be a big ceremony,” he assured her when she didn’t say anything. “Just us.”

“I would love that,” Jin Ri promised him, smiling. “You really don’t have to ask, seobang,” she eagerly declared. “My answer is yes. Always, forever.”

Kyuhyun grinned like a little boy and slipped the diamond-encrusted ring on Jin Ri’s finger, right on top of their wedding ring.

“I love you, princess,” he earnestly avowed, kissing her.

“I love you, seobang,” she returned happily.

As they pulled away from their kiss, Kyuhyun gave her a wide smile that bordered on mischievousness.

“Just what is EvilKyu doing here in a moment like this?” she demanded.

“Actually, this isn’t EvilKyu,” he snickered.

She visibly shuddered. “And just who are you?”

“Let me show you,” he evilly grinned as he moved to kiss her.

She received his kiss, putting an arm around his neck, bringing him closer. After a while, when she felt his hand sliding up her thigh, she broke the kiss and exclaimed, “You’re yKyu!

“No,” he corrected her, kissing her once more. “I’m your husband.”

She giggled and agreed. “That you are,” she contentedly sighed through his lips.


---
Author's Notes:
1. Tadaaaa! It's the end. Goodness, I can't believe it. This fic was started since December 13 last year. Nine months! Slow Motion took me faster to finish, six months. This one was much harder for me to finish somehow. There's a mixture of happiness and sadness in finishing this. Happiness because this has been a more difficult journey than Slow Motion. Writing all the heartbreaks here was much, much harder. But I'm sad, too. Kyuhyun and Jin Ri is like a real couple to me now and it makes me sad that I won't see them anymore. Anyway, because of this, there'll still be an epilogue. :D
2. Angie, Huiying, Kyoungmi, Sunhee and Sungjoo (Leeteuk and Angie's twins) are all eternalsnow's. I'm very honored to have been able to write them. Thank you, Chrys! :)
3. I don't know what else to say, except THANK YOU to all of you who have been reading this right from the beginning. Thank you for following Kyuhyun and Jin Ri to this story from Slow Motion. Thank you for sharing this journey with me!
4. Comments are welcome. :)