SIDE STORY

My Valentine

(Babies)

"Oh, our Kyuhyun really likes her noona," Mr. Cho told his wife. "I think so," his wife agreed. "Yes indeed," Mr. Shin agreed also. While admiring the scene innocent scene. "What makes you say that?" Mrs. Shin ask. "My dear sister you see. That toy, that our Chan Mi-ah is now playing is our  Kyuhyun-ah's favorite toy," Mrs. Cho explained to her sister. "So...?" Mrs. Shin, wanted a deeper explanation. "Well, she's the only one that can hold that toy, aside from our Kyuhyun. Even me and my wife can't hold that toy," It was Mr. Cho, who deepen the explanation.

(Toddlers)

"Fight me all you want! Hurt me all you want! But you can't hurt my noona as long as I'm living!" the young Kyuhyun stood in the middle of the boys surrounding his noona. "Oh, a savior... But we're not bullying Chan Mi-ah," one of the boys told him. Kyuhyun puffed his cheeks looking at her crying noona. "Then why is she crying?" he glared at the boy. "I... Kinda don't know, we saw Chan Mi-ah crying  when we got here, and we approach her to help," the fat one told her. "Is that so? You can leave now, I'll take care of my noona," Kyuhyun told the guys. "Okay, Chan Mi-ah, don't cry anymore," one of the guys patted Chan Mi's head, then they leave.

"Chan Mi noona, why are you crying?" Kyuhyun ask her noona when the guys leave. But Chan Mi continued to cry. "Noona, noona, don't cry anymore," Kyuhyun told her, eventually panicking. "Noona, tell me. Why are you crying?" Kyuhyun asked again, Chan Mi nod her head in disagreement. "Why noona? Why?" he asked again. Chan Mi slowly showed Kyuhyun her tongue. Well, it's swollen, and bleeding. "Noona you bite you tongue! Noona you bite you tongue! Noona there's blood! There's blood! Noona--!" and that's how Kyuhyun's panicking ended, because he fainted.

Luckily, Donghee heard Chan Mi's wails on his way home. And ended up carrying the unconscious Kyuhyun on his back, while Chan Mi sobs beside him.

***

(Grade school)

"Yah, are you sure you can drive this thing?" Chan Mi ask Kyuhyun in disbelief. Pointing the bicycle in front of them. "Of course! I've trained really hard so I can send you to school noona," Kyuhyun told her, smiling cheekily. "Are you sure?" Chan Mi ask again. "No more questions noona, come on or we'll be late."

Chan Mi having no choice, rode with Kyuhyun. That day, Chan Mi and Kyuhyun didn't attend school, but instead they stayed at home with, bandages and bruises. "I'm sorry," Kyuhyun mumbled, but loud enough for Chan Mi to hear. His head bowed, from disappointment. "It's okay," Chan Mi tapped Kyuhyun's back, but she's looking upwards, since she didn't want her tears to fall down.

That day Chan mi and Kyuhyun was supposed to come to Seoul after school, to visit Chan Mi's parents and his older brother Donghee. But because of the accident the visit to Seoul was canceled.

***

(Middle school)

"Kyuhyun-ah," it was Kyuhyun's classmate calling him. But Kyuhyun didn't respond to his call at all. "Yah, Jino-sshi, even if you're the best friend, you can never interrupt Kyuhyun-sshi in playing his games. You know how dedicated he is in Star Craft," One of their classmates told him. "I know, I know," Jino raised his hands, surrendering because of Kyuhyun's dedication in his games. "Wonder who can get you out of that seat," Jino wondered aloud. "Oh, there's one person," their classmate once again spoke. "Really? Who?" Jino asked being sarcastic with his tone. Just then a girl about their age came in.

"Kyuhyun-ah," she called. Jino and their classmate looked first. "You won't--," but before Jino could finish his word, someone interrupted him. "Oh, Chan Mi noona," he couldn't believe it him-self, because it was Kyuhyun who's speaking now. "What the--," Jino's words got another interruption by their classmate. "She's the one I'm telling you," he whispered. "Who's she? Kyuhyun's girl? Or his crush?" Jino asked, whispering back. As he and their classmate watch Kyuhyun getting off his seat and now taking his bag, getting ready to go home. "No, stupid. How come you can call yourself Kyuhyun-sshi's friend? When you didn't even know his cousin, that he protects with his life," their classmate told him, while waving to Kyuhyun who's now on his way to go home. "Really? A cousin? I didn't know that one," Jino confessed. "But one thing for sure," Jino followed. "What is it?" their classmate asked. "She's good in distracting people," Jino told their classmate. Their classmate in return hit Jino's head. "Hey, that was a good one," Jino whined, rubbing the part of head that got hit. As he look outside the building, seeing Kyuhyun and his... Cousin(?) walking home together.

***

(High school)

Chan Mi smiled at the crying Kyuhyun. "No! Don't go noona," Kyuhyun hold Chan Mi's hands. "I have too, I'll be going to Seoul now. Appa, omma, and oppa is waiting for me there. But, you can visit me there anytime," Chan Mi let a chuckle escape her lips, as she get her hands off Kyuhyun's grip. "Noona, I won't be there to protect you," Kyuhyun told her. "I'm gonna be fine. Donghee oppa is with me," She reassured him. Kyuhyun stunned hearing those words coming from his noona. She waved goodbye to Kyuhyun, as the car take her away from Kyuhyun's sight. "Noona," he lifelessly whispered. He didn't get it, he feel betrayed. His noona that was with him since he was born leave her like that. Just like that. With a smile and a swift she was gone. He maybe able to visit her there, but he can't see her everyday. They can't go to school together. They can't walk home together. And Damn he didn't even got the chance to ride his noona on his bike.

"I'm sorry," Chan Mi whispered into the thin air.