Chapter 7

It Might Just Be You.

 

"Hey, are you awake?"

Chin slowly rubbed her eyes and then opened them. Standing right above her was Key, a big grin on his face.

She giggled and then replied, "I am now. What's going on? What time is it? Where is everyone else? What are you doing here?" She quickly sat up and then fixed her hair. 

He gently pushed back some of her hair behind her ears before answering, "Why so many questions? Ireona, we're going to get breakfast."

"What? I was planning on cooking-"

He pulled her up and then remarked, "They won't be up for another couple of hours. It's only seven in the morning, and it's a sunday!"

She scratched her head and asked bluntly, "Why are we going out, Key?"

"You've always been stubborn...you really haven't changed. Just...come on, arasso? Meet me downstairs in ten minutes!" 

He headed towards the door and went out, leaving Chin covered with curiosity.

____

"Omo, I haven't been here in so long!" 

Chin smiled widely  before taking another piece of donkasu and then placing it inside . "I can't believe this place is even still up! You go here often?"

Key bit his lip and replied, "No. The last time I went here was the night after you left. You remember our promise!"

"Ah, yeah! This place was our hang out every day after school, and we swore we'd only go here when all four of us are together..."

"Well," Key said as he leaned in towards her. "We just broke that promise, didn't we?"

Chin leaned in as well, so much so that their faces were only an inch apart. "I wasn't the one who said we'd come here."

He smiled and then whispered, "You've grown up so much. You're not the boyish girl I knew seven years ago..."

"You're still as cute as ever, Kibum...that I can't deny." She laughed and then leaned back in her chair. 

"You know, if only there weren't so much people around, I might just start serenading you. Right here, right now." He crossed his arms over his chest and then raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh yeah? I dare you to do it." 

Key discreetly looked around, stood up and then started to sing as he danced, "Noona neomu yeppeo. Michyeo. Replay, replay, replay. Chueogi nae mameul halgwieo. Gochyeo. Replay, replay, replay."

"OMO IT'S KEY OF SHINEE!"

"OPPA, SARANGHAEYO!"

Chin felt the ground start to shake as she looked up at Key and asked, "Is this when we start running?"

Key replied, "I shouldn't have sang!" as he held pulled her up from her seat. The two of them then ran and ran until they noticed that the crowd was already far behind. 

"You...are...so...dead. I could get an asthma attack right now!" Chin playfully punched his arm as she knelt on the floor.

Key bent down and then asked worriedly, "Hey, are you okay? Do you need medicine?"

"I need...an inhaler."

"Where do I get one?" He started to panic as he looked around, trying to find a drugstore. "Wait, I think I can get from that place." He suddenly bent down and carried her, causing her to fidget. 

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking care of you! This is the fastest way for you to get your inhaler."

He carried her all the way to the drugstore and as soon as he got there, he gently put her down and then turned to the woman at the counter. "I need an inhaler for asthma. Really quickly!"

"Cash or card?"

"It doesn't matter. Here!" He took out his wallet and then handed the woman his credit card and a bundle of money. "Whichever works. Can I just get the inhaler already? My friend is having an attack."

The woman quickly grabbed an inhaler and handed it to Key. He then turned to Chin who was leaning against the counter. "Here, take a puff."

He held the inhaler for her as she inhaled the medicine. He then started to her back lightly, allowing her breathing to slow down a little bit. 

"You're really stupid for daring me to do something like what I did."

She turned to him as she replied, smirking, "You're stupid for doing it, Key."

____

"Are you better? Come, give me your bag."

He tried to reach for her handbag but she quickly pulled it away. "I'm fine, really. There's nothing in this bag anyway, so it's just like I'm carrying air."

"So why'd you bring a bag in the first place?"

"I'm a girl, aren't I? Even if there's not much inside, I always need to have a bag."

He turned to her as they continued walking inside the department store. "You're such a girl now! I can't take it in!"

"Oh stop it! At least I went from bad to good...I see you're still the same old Kibum from years ago." She rolled her eyes and then started to walk ahead.

"Don't be like that, you just called me cute back at the restaurant!" He walked faster and then held on to her arm. "Come on, let's go to-"

Chin suddenly felt a vibration in her pocket so she stopped walking and then quickly picked it up. 

"Noona!"

She could tell from the voice that it was Taemin, and her face immediately lit up. "Annyeong!"

"Noona, where are you?"

"I'm at the mall with Key oppa."

"You didn't ask me to go along with you? Aigoo~"

"Mianhae! He surprised me by saying we would eat breakfast out. What time is it already?"

"It's already eleven o'clock! Come back already! Onew hyung is looking for you, arasso?"

"Ne! I'll be back soon ah?"

She put the phone down and then turned to Key, "Hey, we've got to go! We've been out for four hours already. Onew oppa is looking for me. Hmm, would you know why?"

Key shook his head. "Nope. Okay, let's go home. It was nice to hang out with you again, Chin. I hope you know that." He smiled before taking her hand and then leading her down the escalator.

____

"Key, where have you guys been?! The radio show is in an hour!" 

As soon as they got inside, Onew whacked Key's head with his palm. "You had to include Chin in all of this too, huh! I thought the two of you had ran away together."

Chin went between the two of them and then remarked, "Onew oppa, we just had breakfast. I'm sorry, I should have kept track of time."

Onew laughed as he replied, "It's not your fault. It's just that we never leave without leaving a note or something, saying where we've gone. I got worried about you.." He ruffled up her hair and then smiled. "We should have breakfast too one of these days."

Key immediately returned the favor by smacking Onew behind his head. "Come on hyung, we're gonna be late."

"You want to come with us to the interview?" Onew asked Chin as he rubbed the back of his head. "You can come if you want. It's part of your contract."

She held his arm as she led him to the kitchen. Taking a cold pack and placing it behind his head, she replied, "Key has a very large hand. No, it's okay, I think I'll just stay here and sleep. I'm a little tired. Key woke me up early."

"You sure? Well, if that's what you want, just keep your cellphone on, alright? We need to be able to reach you if ever. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me...I mean, us. Arasso? And tune in to the radio, we're going to have a show."

He touched the side of her cheek and then slowly walked away.

____

"Right now, we have with us the shining SHINee!"

"Annyeong haseyo! We are SHINee!"

"It's so nice to have you boys here right now. Tell me, what have you all been up to these last few days? Your fans have been trying to trend 'Where is SHINee?' on Twitter these past few days."

"Really? We didn't know that! ㅋㅋㅋ"

"Actually, I did see that. But since I don't have a Twitter account, I didn't know where to update."

"Well, we've been resting, actually. We're going to have our Philippine and Singapore concert soon, and so we're resting now since in a few days, we will go into rigorous training and rehearsals."

"I heard that there's a girl living with you now. The winner of the contest you had, am I right?"

"Yes, yes. I think she's listening to this right now."

"Hello! Are you, Chin?"

"How has it been...living with a girl?"

"It's been such a wonderful experience! She's an amazing cook-"

"She's very good at cleaning up!"

"She's funny and smart and talented and very cute!"

"Why don't you guys shout out your messages for her now? She'll be glad to hear them, I'm sure!"

"Annyeong, Chin! You're the best!"

"Hi, uhm, I hope you're doing okay at home right now. Stay safe!"

"I don't really have much to say. Ke ke ke~ hi!"

"You still owe me lots of stories, ah!"

"And how about you? What do you want to say to her?

 

"Uhm. I still think you're really amazing, and I hope that this time, I will have the courage. And ah, that the opportunity will come. That's it."