Chapter 13

It Might Just Be You.

"I just realized that I'm not Key's hyung."

They were in the car, on the way to the press conference, and it had been a peaceful one, until Minho spoke up. He immediately turned to Chin and laughed.

"Ne, you're right! I think he forgot too, because he ran away!" She laughed, and then leaned her head on Minho's shoulder. "All of you oppas are funny."

Taemin suddenly spoke up, "I'm not your oppa, but I'm funny too, right?"

Chin couldn't help herself and immediately burst into laughter at Taemin's comment. 

"Ne, jeongmal!"

"I have lived a fulfilling life," Taemin remarked, causing Key, who was seated beside him, to pretend to shoot him. 

"Taemin is dead!" Key shakingly stood up and announced this, and right after, Jonghyun turned around from the front seat and said, "Alright children, let's behave."

Onew suddenly pointed out, "We're here! Let's go, pali pali!" He opened the door of the car and then motioned for everyone to get out. Chin got out in a hurry, and  accidentally dropped her bag. While the rest of the members rushed towards the entrance of the hotel to avoid the fan girls, Key bent down and gently handed it to her.

"They've had more than enough fanservice. Let's go." Instead of taking her hand as he normally would, he thought to himself, the fans will get the wrong idea and might make an issue, and instead just motioned for her to walk faster in front of him.

As soon as they got inside the lobby, a staff member from the hotel approached them and said, "This way to the function room." While their manager explained to them what they should do, Chin slowly walked behind them, observing all the fans who were outside and in the lobby. Just as she was about to enter the function room, a hotel guard suddenly pushed her back. 

"No fans inside, only members."

Chin stuttered and tried to explain, "I'm with them. I won the contest to join-"

"No fans."

The boys' attention was on their manager, so they didn't even notice that she was no longer with them. After she tried for a couple more minutes to convince the guard to let her in, she finally gave up and found a couch to sit on in the lobby. 

_____

"Annyeong haseyo, we are the shining SHINee! SHINee, hwaiting!"

The members eagerly greeted the reporters with wide smiles on their faces. Minho approached the microphone and then said, "We are now open for questions."

A young girl, probably in her early twenties, spoke into her recorder, "You will have two concerts in six weeks, am I right? One in Singapore and one in the Philippines? How are you preparing for them?"

As she faced her recorder towards the boys, Key leaned into the microphone and replied, "Yes, that's right. We are very excited for them, and we hope they will be as successful as the ones we had in Tokyo and here in Seoul. We are having rehearsals almost every day, to make sure our performance will really be memorable."

"That's right," Jonghyun added. "We wake up early and right away start with practice. This is our first major concert in Singapore, and the first performance we will have in the Philippines as a complete group."

Taemin said, "The last time, they went to the Philippines but I couldn't go because of my swine flu. This time, we will be together. Next question?"

"Why is it that this time you will stay in each country for a whole week, when you are only having the concert on one day?"

Onew smiled before replying, "Since it will be a major concert, we were thinking that we could have some time to go around and actually see some of the popular places in those countries. In Singapore, we want to see Sentosa...the Merlion! Then go on the Flyer, and the Night Safari."

"Then for the Philippines," Minho commented, "we have yet to ask our friend Chin what places she recommends. I heard there's the-"

Before Minho could finish, someone among the members spoke up.

"Wait a second, where is she?" 

______

Chin stared at it longer before replying, "Alright, I'll take it."

After paying, she took a plate with a slice of cake from the cashier. "Kamsahamnida!"

She walked over to the table facing the fountain of the hotel, placed the plate on the table and slowly cut a slice. After taking a bite, she raised her shoulders and commented to herself, "Omo~ so yummy!"

Just as she was about to cut another slice, she heard someone ask the cashier, "Have you seen this girl?"

She turned around to see Taemin and Key standing by the cashier with frantic looks on their faces, with Taemin holding up a selca that Chin earlier took with his phone. Before she could call out to them, the cashier pointed to her, causing Key and Taemin to run in her direction. 

"Chin! Why didn't you come in with us?! We were so worried!" Key immediately pulled her into a hug, forgetting that there were fan girls who had cellphones with cameras, and that most of the photographers from the press conference had followed them. Almost immediately, they started snapping photos. With this, Taemin pushed Key aside and exclaimed to Chin, "Why did you leave?"

"The guard wouldn't let me in. He said to me, 'No fans.'" She copied his husky voice, making Key and Taemin smile, completely forgetting that they were worried. 

Taemin waved away the photographers and then held on to her hand. "Come on, we have to continue this press conference." As soon as he held on to her hand, the cameras started making sounds again. 

"Taemin!" Key called out, signalling that he should let go, so as not to cause an issue. 

However, Taemin pretended not to hear him, but instead walked faster to the function room. As soon as they got inside, Minho and Jonghyun stood up and shouted, "You're safe!! Let's celebrate!" They turned to each other and started dancing Ring Ding Dong, much to the amusement of Chin and the reporters. 

Onew looked up and gently said, "Let's get on with this press conference, ah? Chin, you sit beside Minho, he will punch any bodyguard that tries to take you away."

______

Yesterday, SHINee held their press conference at the Ruby function room of the JW Marriott hotel.

When asked about their plans for their upcoming concerts in Singapore and the Philippines, Key confidently replied, "We are very excited for them, and we hope they will be as successful as the ones we had in Tokyo and here in Seoul. We are having rehearsals almost every day, to make sure our performance will really be memorable." Jonghyun even added, "We wake up early and right away start with practice. This is our first major concert in Singapore, and the first performance we will have in the Philippines as a complete group."

They mentioned that the last time they went to the Philippines and performed at the CCP Theatre, they were incomplete. "...I couldn't go because of my swine flu. This time, we will be together," remarked Taemin. They've also decided to stay longer than the usual two days in those countries, because they want to see what the countries have to offer. "In Singapore, we want to see Sentosa...the Merlion! Then go on the Flyer, and the Night Safari," stated Onew. Minho even added, "Then for the Philippines, we have yet to ask our friend Chin what places she recommends."

In case you're wondering who Chin is, she's Chin Sung Bae, the winner of the contest that SHINee held a month ago, entitled, "Get the chance to tour with SHINee for eight weeks!" Everyone thought that she was just a normal girl, that is, until a couple of netizens revealed in a SHINee forum, "She's the daughter of the man who owns the largest chain of supermarkets in Korea!" They then attached a family photo, with a large red circle around Chin's face.

Some netizens started tweeting, "She bought the chance" and "That's cheating if you pay to win!!" However, it is still unknown if she actually bribed the organizers into letting her win. With that kind of money in the pocket of her father, though, we wouldn't wonder if it was true. 

Another thing! You all know about Taemin and Seohyun's *unconfirmed* relationship right? Well, wonder no more! It's not true! During the press conference, the members suddenly noticed that Chin was nowhere to be found, and Key and Taemin immediately set out to look for her. As soon as Key saw her, he ran to her a gave her a hug that was almost TOO tight. Immediately after, Taemin took her hand (firmly, we might add) and held it all the way until the room. Hm. What exactly is going on? There's a rumor even going around that the members are fighting over her. Could it be that a group will disband for the first time because of a noona? We'll let you guess.