Chapter 6

It Might Just Be You.

"Good morning, hyung!"

Jonghyun lightly pat Onew at the back, and then sat down next to him on the couch. 

Onew waved a pack of chips at Jonghyun and replied, "Morning. Want some? It's chicken flavor." 

"Uh, no thanks, I'm good." He ran his hand through his hair then quietly said, "Hey, remember when you guys left me here last week? That time when I was sick and couldn't make it to the radio show?"

"Oh, yeah. That time when Chin became your personal maid? I remember that. Why, what's up?"

"I saw her slipping something under your pillow. A small sheet of paper, that's what it looked like."

"What the! You should've told me earlier, it could be all crumpled by now!" Onew quickly got up, handed Jonghyun the bag of chips and ran inside their room.

When he got to his bed, he pulled up the pillow and said to himself, "There's nothing here but this picture." He picked up the picture, and when he opened the door, Jonghyun was standing there, taking a handful of chips.

"Was she looking at this?" Onew asked, holding the picture right in front of Jonghyun's face.

"Yeah, that's it. She was looking at the picture rather intently...she even read what was written at the back."

"Why would Chin be interested in this?"

____

"We need noodles. Lots of noodles."

Minho grabbed fifteen packs of noodles and placed them inside the cart. 

"Why so much!" Chin laughed and then commented, "Do you guys get that hungry?"

"No," Minho replied, pushing the cart. He suddenly stopped and then leaned in closer to Chin, "But from what I remember, someone likes eating noodles late at night very much."

"Stop it. You don't have to remind me the reason for why I was so fat back then."

"Hey, I think we're out of cooking oil." Key suddenly appeared beside Chin, holding a bottle. He placed it in the cart and then moved towards the back of the aisle. 

"Kim Kibum, is that you?!" Minho and Chin turned around just in time to see a girl and Key in a tight hug. After letting go, the girl turned to Minho and added, "Choi Minho? This is such a coincidence, I haven't seen you guys in years!" 

Minho took hold of Chin's wrist as he pushed the cart and made his way towards the girl. "Kyu Seoyung! Wow, you're so gorgeous already!" He pulled her into a tight hug as well.

Kyu Seoyoung then turned to Chin and asked Minho, "Who's this? Your girlfriend? Annyeong haseyo, I'm Kyu Seoyoung." She shook Chin's hand and then suddenly raised an eyebrow.

"Wait...Chin Sung Bae?" 

Chin nodded, causing Seoyoung to jump up and down. "Omo, I haven't seen you in years! Where have you been? After you left the academy, I could no longer get hold of you!" 

"I moved to the Philippines with my father. I came back just two years ago, and I haven't really been in contact with anyone from before. It's nice to see you too..."

Kyu Seoyoung playfully punched Key's arm and then pouted. "You didn't tell me that you were having a reunion! Where's Onew oppa?"

____

"I think it's her. Honestly. I'm not even kidding, Jonghyun."

"Let me see, hyung!" Taemin stretched out his hand, asking Onew for a glimpse of the photo. Onew handed it over and asked, "Well?"

Taemin studied the face carefully and then replied, "I'm not sure. The girl here is kind of chubby, short and dark. Chin is very tall, very white and very...slim. It's not like her."

Onew lightly whacked Taemin on the head, grabbed the photo and then warned, "Don't ever say that again. You're so mean."

"It kind of looks like her though...the eyes are the same. The smile, too. When she gets back-"

"Hyung! Hyung! I have something important to tell you!" Key suddenly burst into the dorm, a look of excitement all over his face.

"I think I have something to tell you too!" Onew quickly got up from the couch and ran towards Key.

"Okay, you go first, hyung." 

"I think...Chin is Little Bae."

Key laughed and then replied, "You don't have to think! It's her! She's Little Bae from seven years ago!"

Onew dropped the photo due to shock, and Chin picked it up.

"Sorry I didn't tell you, Onew oppa. Minho and I wanted to see if you and Key oppa could figure it out yourselves. Is it too shocking for you?"

"It's really you, Chin?" 

____

"Let me see if I've got this, alright Chin?"

Jonghyun put his hands together then asked, "So you, Key, Minho and Onew already know each other because you used to be in the same school?"

"Ne, that's right."

Minho turned to Jonghyun and commented, "Onew, Key and I used to live in the same village, so we had our own little group. When we met Chin, she wasn't very girly, so we took her into our group as 'one of the boys.'" 

"We were friends for three years, that is, until the end of grade school. After graduation, one of our classmates, Kyu Seoyoung, decided to hold a party. Her theme was 'A Midsummer Night's Dream," so we were all required to go with dates." Key laughed as he reminisced.

He continued, "I didn't ask anyone to be my date because back then, I wasn't interested in girls. I decided not to go to the party anymore."

Onew continued, "I couldn't go to the party because my sister was in the hospital. It was so sad, I really wanted to go."

"I decided to go to the party, so I asked Chin to be my date," Minho said, as Taemin and Jonghyun listened intently.

"She rejected me when I asked her," Minho stated. "Do you guys know why?"

Taemin and Jonghyun quickly shook their heads. 

"Wae?"

"It's because her mother and father didn't want her to be romantically associated with people of a lower class." Minho crossed his arms over his chest and then laughed. "I really was in a lower class than her, anyway. Her family owned, I mean owns, the biggest chain of supermarkets here in Korea. They're basically filthy rich, and her parents didn't think it was right for someone like me to be associated with their daughter."

Jonghyun turned to Chin and asked, "Is that really what they said?"

"Yeah. It was really difficult for me to turn him down, you know. I really wanted to go to the party," Chin replied, sulking. 

"You could've said yes," Minho shot back, not even looking at her.

"And risk being disowned by my parents? At that age, I couldn't risk disappointing them. And if they disowned me, what could I do? I was twelve and I would have had nowhere to go and no one to support me. Don't blame me anymore."

Onew held the her hand and started patting it. "It wasn't your fault, Chin." He turned to Minho and then snapped, "Don't go blaming her, Minho. You know it wasn't her fault."

"I know, sorry. Your parents were just...really unreasonable at that time. I mean, they took you to a completely different country without telling anybody which country it was going to be! In a flash, you just disappeared from your friends' lives!"

Taemin quickly interrupted, "Okay, this is getting too serious. Let's not dwell on this anymore since this is all in the past, arasso?"

Minho, Key, Onew and Chin all replied at the same time, "Okay."

"Wait a second," Jonghyun said, scratching his head. "Did you like Chin at that time, Minho?"

"No, I didn't," Minho quickly answered without a hint of reluctance. 

Key turned to Minho and then asked, "So why did you ask Chin? You told me you didn't want to go to the party."

 

Author's note: If you guys are wondering why things are being revealed so fast, it's because I need to already have a foundation for the things that are about to happen. :D