Chapter 2

It Might Just Be You.

"Hello, may I please speak with Ms. Chin Sung Bae? This is Yong Jae Gwa."

Chin sighed loudly as she twirled her fingers around the telephone wire. "Yes, this is Chin."

"Annyeong, Ms. Chin. Are you alright?"

She quickly sat up and replied, "Ne, I'm okay. Forgive me for asking, but is there any way that I can let somebody take my place for the tour? I'm not really up to it. Is it remotely possible?"

"I'm sorry, that can't be done. The rules strictly state that only the person whose name is written on the winning coupon can avail of the prize, which is, in this case, the tour. It is, like most contest prizes, non-transferrable and non-convertible. If you don't mind me asking, why don't you want the prize? Any SHINee fan would kill to be in your place right now."

"Well, that's exactly it...I'm not a SHINee fan. This is very embarassing to admit, but I'm not a fan of any contemporary group. I've never even listened to any of their songs, and so far, I only know as much as their names."

"I have to tell you, this isn't what I expected...I thought that the winner would start screaming for joy over the telephone. Did you know that I can feel your grief and disappointment all the way over here, Ms. Chin?"

"I'm really sorry. It's just, I didn't join the contest to win. The cashier just forced me to because he said I had to take the coupon. This isn't what I expected either." She sighed and immediately sunk in her seat. "Anyway, I guess I'll just do it. Where should I meet you to discuss the details? And what time should I come over?"

"Will you and your parents be able to meet me tomorrow at around two in the afternoon? I still have to inform the boys of the arrangement. The address is at the last page of the magazine, by the way."

"Sounds good. I'll see you tomorrow then. Annyeong!"

___
 
"Ah, nice to finally meet you, Ms. Chin!" 
 
Yong Jae Gwa opened the door to his office and bowed. "And you must be her parents. Good to meet you." He shook her father's and mother's hands then motioned for them to sit down.
 
"Sit, please. This will only take a short while. Most of the arrangements have already been set, and I just have to inform you of them." He sat down, opened a folder, and took out a sheet of paper. He quickly scanned through it and then handed it to Chin. 
 
"If you will read through that paper, you will notice that it's the itinerary for the whole tour. It's not much of a tour, really, as they will only go to the Philippines and to Singapore. However, you will accompany them to most of their activities. There will be radio shows, recordings, guest appearences...you know, the usual. Nothing very big really."
 
"So it's not really a tour, but more of a chance to get to experience their lives?" Chin asked, scratching her head.
 
Yong Jae Gwa smiled and replied, 'Ne, that's a better way of describing it. Don't worry, because everything will be paid for: your food, your transportation, and even your clothes! It will last for about two and a half months, with the Singapore and Philippine concerts at the end. Now, I just need you to sign here, and here..."
 
He handed Chin's parents two separate sheets of paper and pointed to the liability portion. "No need to worry, as we will take very good care of Chin throughout this whole thing. Is she the only child?"
 
"Ne," Chin's father answered as he signed the paper. "She's the only one who can continue the family legacy so you better make sure nothing happens to her."
 
"Wait a second." Yong Jae Gwa rubbed the side of his head and didn't speak for a minute. "Are you the Kim Se Bae? Owner of Korea's biggest chain of supermarkets?"
 
"Yes, that's me. Now do you understand why it's important that Chin be safe? Who'll take over the family business once we pass, eh?"
 
"Ne, arasso. Please, don't worry. I assure you that she is in good hands. The boys are good kids, too." He stood up, gathered the papers and looked over at Chin. "The boys are in the studio now, re-recording Hello. They're very excited to meet you, Chin. Would you please come with me?"
 
He took her hand and as he led her out the door, he turned to her parents and said, "I'll have somebody get you coffee and tea as you wait. We'll be right back. Again, don't worry."
 
___
 
"Now remember, the youngest, Lee Taemin, is the one with the mushroom hair. Kim Kibum, or Key, is...well, simply a diva. You'll know who he is, it isn't hard to pick the diva out of the group. Choi Minho is the most handsome of the group, or so I think so. He has the biggest eyes too, and sometimes people think he's foreign. Kim Jonghyun is the lead vocalist, and the one with the best body. Again, that's what I think. Lee Jinki, or Onew, has a dark spell around him. People call it the Onew condition or Onew sangtae because he always seems to get into accidents, or he does random things."
 
He pulled the door to the recording studio and asked, "You ready?"
 
Chin nodded and replied confidently, "Ne. So it's Lee Minho, Kim...Jinki, Choi Taemin, Onew and Key Kibum, right?"