Chapter 11

It Might Just Be You.

It has been two weeks and one day since I got here. When I met the boys, I found out that some of my childhood friends were actually in the group. Out of the five, three were my friends; Choi Minho, Kim Kibum and Lee Jinki. Minho already figured out who I was, but I didn't want to tell the others because I didn't want the things in the past to come out again. However, one of our other friends blew my cover when she revealed who I was in the grocery store when I was buying food with Minho and Key. Jinki found out too, because I was so careless. I found an old picture of me with them (under Onew's pillow!) and when I thought that Jonghyun was sleeping (when he obviously wasn't), I picked up the photo. So there, he saw me looking at it, and he told Onew about it. Why can't boys keep their mouths shut? I will never understand their brotherhood.

However, I must admit that I am having an amazing time with them. They treat me like a princess (most times), and I treat them like the princes that they are. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, Minho hasn't really done anything with regards to what happened in the past. It's really quite odd; he won't let go of the issue (he keeps resurfacing the fact that I left abruptly, I hurt the people I left behind, etc), but he isn't doing anything about it. If it really is such a big issue, why won't he ask me out already? After all, I am stuck with them for the next eight weeks, so I won't really be able to leave even if I wanted to. Weird.

Now Key, he's completely different. He used to treat me like one of the boys (because I acted like one), but now, he treats me like a QUEEN, while the others just treat me like a princess. He wakes up early in the morning just to cook for me, he'll block the view of the crazy fangirls who are trying to take pictures of me, and he knows just when I need someone to talk to! He's can make me laugh when the situation calls for it, but he also knows when things have to be serious.

Jonghyun, on the other hand, is such a great oppa! On my first night, he helped me wash milk from my hair. Aigoo T.T it was so embarassing, but he was so sweet about it. I now also understand what their fans mean when they say he likes skinship. He is always putting his arm around my shoulders! It makes me feel safe, knowing I have an older brother protecting me.

Lee Jinki is still crazy. He is still obsessed with chicken, which is one of the things that makes him so cute in my eyes! He doesn't always talk to me (not like before), but it's okay, because he comes to the rescue just when I need it. That time that Minho was hitting me with questions about the past, Onew came to the rescue and became the oppa that I used to know. Things are a little different now though, because we're not as close. It's okay, I will try to bring the closeness back. I've missed him a lot. Did he miss me too?

Omo, their maknae Taemin is just the cutest! I love that he always calls me noona, because after listening to their songs, hearing someone calling me noona makes me tingly inside. He takes care of me a lot, but he's quite protective. He doesn't like that Jonghyun oppa always puts his arm around me. He calls it "making a move on Chin noona." It's cute hearing that, because I can see how much he cares. He doesn't know that I'm a light sleeper, especially in a moving vehicle, so I actually always hear what they talk about in the car. I always hear him saying these cute things, like how he wouldn't mind getting hitched with me. Isn't he such a darling? He's not here now though, he's out with this SNSD member again.

I only have eight more weeks until I figure something out...why is it that I am still now over what happened in the past? It has been seven years, and the honest truth is that I'm not one to cling to memories like that. I usually let go within the first few months, or at most, within a year. Why is it that I can't let go of this memory? What is keeping me attached to this particular memory? Is there something I'm missing?

People always say that when someone dies and they still have a mission to do on earth, they remain here until they fulfill that mission. That feeling that there's something missing is what keeps them on earth. If that is the case, then what am I missing? Why I am being kept on "earth", or in this case, why can't I escape from this memory? I wish I knew, because I don't like this feeling of being bother-

"Hey, what are you writing?"

Chin immediately stopped writing and used her right arm to cover what she had written. "Nothing!" She replied, quickly closing the notebook and pretending as if she wasn't doing anything in the first place. 

"Oh, is that a diary?" Taemin asked, sitting down next to her on her mattress. "Can I read it?"

She shook her head and answered, "No, you can't! There's stuff about you in here, so I don't want you to be able to see it. And it's a diary for a reason you know..." She stood up, placed the diary in the bottom of her bag which was next to her bed, and turned to Taemin with a big grin on her face. 

He tucked her hair behind her ears and then said, with a hint of worry, "You should go to sleep, it's late. You've had a tiring day."

"How would you know?" She snapped, causing him to be slightly appalled. "You've been out the whole day."

He scratched his head and replied, almost like he was whispering, "I...asked Jonghyun hyung to keep me updated. You know I worry about you, especially when I'm not around to protect you if ever something happens. I'm sorry I was out for so long. It's just, I promised Seohyun months ago that I'd take her out, and I've never had the time to do so until now. Mianhae."

He gave her a pout, which eventually made her forget that she was only slightly ticked off. "You didn't even tell me where you were going to go. Onew just told me that you'd gone out with an SNSD member. Next time, you should tell me. I worry about you too."

He pat her head and replied, "I will, I will, promise. Really?"

"No one was saved me from Jonghyun's skinship today, because you weren't around. I have to admit, it was quite comforting. No wonder Yoogeunnie liked skinship from him so much!"

"You guys kissed?!" Taemin asked, caught completely off-guard.

Chin's eyes widened as she replied, "WHAT?! No, of course not! I meant other forms of skinship, not kissing."

"Ahhh, arasso," he replied, fixing his hair. "Anyway, I'm already ready for bed. Shall we sleep now?"

"I didn't even hear you come in," Chin commented as she fluffed her pillows. "I was too engrossed in writing in my diary."

"I know! But it's okay, at least I didn't bother you."

"Well," Chin said as she lay down on her bed. "Goodnight, Taeminnie."

"Goodnight, noona."

She turned to her right and was surprised when suddenly, his left arm was around her waist. She waited for about two minutes before she slowly turned to her left and saw that Taemin, completely drowned with fatigue, had already fallen asleep. She smiled and decided not to wake him, so she turned to her right again.

 

After all, at that moment, it just felt...right.