Chapter 10

It Might Just Be You.

Onew sat up and leaned towards the microphone as he interrupted, "I think what Minho's trying to say is that Chin's decision didn't hurt him, but he believes that it hurt somebody else." He turned to Minho and asked, "Isn't that right?"

"Oh, yeah, that's it," Minho replied, his eyes getting big. "We were all really good friends, see, and it must have hurt her to let me down, ah, just before leaving us all."

The host turned to Chin and commented, "I can't believe all of this! You let down the famous flaming charisma!" 

Chin laughed and then buried her head in her hands, causing Taemin to laugh. 

"So," the host continued, "who do you, Minho, think was the most affected out of the three of you?" She directed her gaze towards Onew and Key.

Minho paused for a moment before replying, "Honestly, it was-" Before he could continue, Onew pushed him away from the microphone and instead, he spoke into it.

"It was Minho, for sure. After all, he was the one who was rejected. Key and I were saddened of course, but for Minho to be faced with something like that just before she left us without a word, it must have been most painful for him."

The host turned to Onew and remarked, "Wow Onew, you really seem to know Minho well."

"Well, we have been friends for quite a long time now. We know each other really well, and we'd be willing to do anything for each other."

Minho laughed and then said, although not necessarily to anybody, "That's right."

"Jonghyun! You've been so quiet. Can you tell our listeners what is on your mind right now?"

"I'm hungry. ㅋㅋㅋ I didn't eat lunch when we left because I had a big breakfast, and so I'm quite hungry right now."

Chin suddenly spoke up, "I have some chicken with me! I figured you might all get hungry~"

She lifted her head up, looked straight into Key's eyes and said, "You can move already, it's okay. I've always wanted to experience the spotlight." She directed her gaze towards the fangirls outside of the studio who were still taking pictures and videos of her.

Before sitting back down in his chair, he ran his fingers through her long brown hair, causing her to shiver a little. She gently removed her headphones, then smiled at Taemin as she noticed that he was looking at her intenly. She walked over to her bag and suddenly revealed a huge container which contained a lot of chicken.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a sheet of tissue, wrapped it around the end of a chicken drumstick, and then handed it to Jonghyun. "Eat well, oppa," she said, causing Jonghyun to reply with a sweet and grateful smile. 

"Chin, you're so sweet!" The host exclaimed, much to the surprise of the other members as Chin put the container down. "You would be such a great girlfriend, I'm sure~"

She blushed and then answered, "I've been told! But anyway, shall we go on with the interview?" She laughed as out of the corner of her eye, she saw the other members eagerly reaching for a piece.

"Yes, of course." The host immediately asked as she turned to Jonghyun, "How is the chicken?"

"Best piece I've ever eaten in all my years of existence!" He took a large bite and then winked at Chin. The fangirls outside started screaming, begging for Jonghyun to do it again.

"What does the chicken maniac think, ah?" The host raised her eyebrows at Onew, who was too absorbed in finishing his piece. 

"It's good. Really good." He took the last bite and then asked, "Can I get one more?" 

Chin quickly replied, "Go ahead!" She picked up the container, offered one to the host, and suddenly, there was silence. They decided to play Supa Dupa Diva while everyone in the station, including Chin and the staff members, ate.

"We have more back at the dorm, you guys, don't eat too much here! You might not be able to run away from the fans later..." Chin pointed to the fangirls who were intently watching the boys eat. 

"And what about you? That's your second piece!" Onew replied as he took one big bite to finish off his second. 

"I don't need to run away from the fans! They're yours, not mine~" She did mehrong, causing the host to laugh.

Onew stood up and was about to get a third piece of chicken when he noticed that there was a chicken crumb on the side of Chin's lip. He gently placed his hand beside her face, his smooth skin brushing against her flawless complexion. It seemed as if the whole world was watching as he gently removed it from her face. 

"Hmm, what was that?" Chin asked, her round brown eyes looking directly into Onew's.

"Just, ah-" He rubbed his forehead and struggled to find the words to say. "I-"

"We're live in five, four, three, two, one!"

_______

"She lookes really tired."

Key motioned towards Chin who was peacefully sleeping in the car, her head slightly leaning on Key's shoulder. 

The rest of the members turned to her and just looked at her for awhile. Taemin broke the silence as he commented, "She's really pretty, even when she sleeps~"

"You guys should have seen her before. She was a little on the chubby side, and she was super boyish! Now, she's so dainty and everything," Minho added.

"She looked so dainty even when she was running away from the fans!" Jonghyun remarked, causing the rest of the members to break out in laughter. 

Onew's eyes widened as he said, "I didn't expect the fans to react that way, seriously! When Key went out, they went crazy. After Taemin did, they started shoving at the guards. When Chin came out, it was like a stampede!"

"I had to grab her hand and we literally ran like the wind. It was the craziest experience with fans that I've ever had to face," Taemin replied as he fixed his bangs. "Hey you know, her hands are really soft!"

Jonghyun laughed and replied, "Okay, off topic! I think the fans reacted that way because this is the first time that we're actually involved with a girl, at least, on a non-professional level. This is the closest a girl has ever been with us ever since we debuted! The radar of the fans are acting up for sure."

Minho nodded and added, "We used to just be paired up, based on photos that fans would see from recordings, events or such. In a sense, they felt...safe?"

"They're all probably worried now that one of us might get hitched with Chin," Onew said as he fidgeted in his seat. 

Taemin shrugged his shoulders and stated, "If that happened to me, I wouldn't complain."

Immediately after he said this, Minho gave him a light tap behind the head. "Ever since she came along, you've forgotten just how old you really are. Don't forget, you're still in high school." 

The rest of the members laughed, then immediately got comfortable in their seats and finally dozed off. Taemin, however, had a couple of thoughts in his mind that he couldn't get rid of. 

"Hyung..." Taemin slightly pushed Minho's shoulder, gently trying to wake him up. 

Minho turned to him and with his eyes half-closed he answered, "Yes?"

"A noona-dongsaeng relationship could work, right?"

"Hm? I guess. But if you're talking about Chin, I think she'd prefer someone older than her. Wae?"

Taemin slumped in his seat before replying, "Nothing, just asking." He leaned against the window and then fell into a deep sleep. Just as they were close to the driveway of their dorm, someone spoke up in a rather dazed voice. 

 

"Someone like me, maybe."

______

"Annyeong! You're up early."

Chin walked over to where Key was cooking noodles. "That looks really good." She turned to her watch and then commented, "You're up really early. It's only six in the morning!"

"I assumed you'd wake up early, considering that you fell asleep right when you got to the car."

She rubbed the side of her head then said, "I don't remember walking up to the dorm, or walking to my bed. What happened?"

"Well, when I tried to wake you up after we got here, you wouldn't budge. So, Onew hyung, being the leader of course, decided that we should just carry you here. He carried you first, and then realized that you were really light, so he carried you all the way here. He's got big muscles anyway. ㅋㅋㅋ"

Chin's jaw fell in shock as she commented, "Onew oppa carried me here? That's so embarassing! Aigoo~ i'm so embarassed now."

She sat down on a seat around the dining table as Key turned off the stove and walked over to her. "Aniyo! Don't make a big deal out of it. Onew hyung is very kind, he would have done it for anyone...especially his Little Bae!"

"Don't remind me of that nickname!" Chin replied as she playfully hit him. "It was a very bad nickname. Still, I remember the day Onew gave it to me."

Key did a little smile and then commented, "Yes, I remember that day very well too. The four of us were having a race to see who could bike the fastest to the end of the street."

Chin continued, "I wanted to beat Minho so badly because he was so competitive, but I ended up falling off of my bike because I didn't notice a big rock along my path."

"Onew hyung immediately went to your side, with Minho and I following not far behind. I remember exactly what he said to you as he carried you to your house..."

Chin nodded her head and replied in a whisper, "I'll always be here for you. Just stay with Onew appa and you'll always be safe. Understand, Little Bae?