Chapter 4

It Might Just Be You.

"Which one do you want? The blue one or the pink one?" 

Key raised a pink and blue blanket in front of Chin and started waving them around. "Personally, I like the pink one. The shade is really nice on your skin tone," he added as he wrapped the blanket around her neck like it was a scarf. 

"You're absolutely right. I"ll go with this one then." She took the blanket and laid it on her bed. Placing her hands on her waist, she commented, "Well, I guess I'm ready for bed. Thanks for helping me out."

"No problem. In case you need anything, just knock on our door, okay? I'm also the lightest sleeper, so i'll wake up to that right away. Goodnight!" 

With that, Key bowed and entered their bedroom. 

Silence.

Chin crossed over to the other side of her mattress and reached for her bag. She started digging around her bag for a pair of socks until she found one. She had completely forgotten to bring socks, and was completely grateful that Suyeon checked her things before allowing her to leave. 

"Whoa, what is this?"

She held up her socks and was shocked to find Jonghyun's face on them. "SHINee socks? Seriously? This is so embarassing." She sighed for a bit before coming to the conclusion that at this point, her health was much more important than her image. She quickly put her socks on, lay her head on her pillow and placed the blanket all over her shaking body.

She turned to her right and breathed in heavily, still unsure of what was to come.

___

"It's already been an hour?!"

Chin looked up at the ceiling before sitting up, frustration evident in her face. "I hate new environments. I need sleep!"

"A glass of warm milk might help."

She quickly turned to her left and looked at Jonghyun who was holding a glass of milk in front of her. 

"How long have you been here?" 

He laughed and then replied, "About...half an hour? It's been interesting, watching you change from position to position. It takes a while for you to adjust to new places too? Warm milk always helps me sleep. Here." He moved the glass further in front of her. "It's not poisoned, I swear." 

She didn't move for about a minute, half-embarassed and half-shocked by the fact that she was looking like a complete mess with her hair all over the place, in front of the gorgeous Kim Jonghyun. 

He stood up, placed the glass on the table and sat down. "When you've gotten over the shock, you're free to sit here with me. We can talk for a bit while we wait for the milk to take effect."

"Th...thanks." She smoothened out her hair before walking over to the table. "Why are you up at this time?"

"I just couldn't sleep. There are nights when this happens, so I'm already used to it."

"Oh. Okay. Thanks for the milk, ah." She bowed her head, and immediately after, Jonghyun went into a laughing fit.

"Hey, your hair!" He pointed to the ends of Chin's hair on her right side, which had been dunked in her milk when she bowed her head. "It's much smoother now than it was earlier." 

"This is so embarassing..." She covered her face with her hands and then stomped her foot. "Aigoo." 

Jonghyun smirked and then stood up, motioning for her to follow him. He stood by the sink, took a paper towel and said, "Move your hair under the faucet."

She did as he said, and as the water flowed through her hair, he started to run his hands through them. "Are you really this much of klutz at home, Chin?"

"No, not really. I get clumsy in environments I'm not used to, and around people I don't know."

"Does this mean that in a couple of weeks, I won't have to clean your hair anymore?" He smiled, turned off the faucet and then started to dry her hair with the paper towel. 

"Maybe. We'll see."

___

"Six eggs, Key."

"Six? How are you sure she'll want one? 

"If she doesn't want it, someone is bound to eat it."

"Maybe we should wake her up and ask?"

"No, don't do that. She had a hard time going to sleep last night, so we should just let her sleep."

"Is that right? How do you know? Are you psychic?"

"Funny. I woke up in the middle of the night and she kept twisting and turning, hyung."

"Have any of you seen her socks? They're so cute!"

Chin yawned and then moved her blanket all the way up to her head. She started to smoothen out her hair, making sure that she'd look decent in front of them. 

"Five different voices. Yong Jae Gwa, I need my own room," she thought to herself. She was about to pull the blanket down when suddenly, someone did it for her. 

"Annyeong! Good morning. How was your sleep?" She shrieked a little bit at the surprise of seeing Taemin's face so close to hers. "Breakfast?" He motioned to the plate he was holding, which had a mound of rice, an egg and three slices of bacon.

She sat up and quickly nodded. "Ne, kamsahamnida." She stood up, took the plate from him, placed it on the table and sat down across Onew. 

"Good morning. Nice socks by the way." He pointed to her feet and laughed. "Jonghyun, have you seen them?"

Chin started to stutter as she replied, "Uh, th...these aren't, I mean, I don't own these. Actually, I-"

"We know who you are, and we know what you're not," Jonghyun interrupted, placing his plate next to hers and sitting down next to her. "We know you're not a shawol...Yong Jae Gwa told us yesterday."

"Oh." She looked down at her plate and started mixing the food around with her fork.

"That's not a bad thing, don't worry!" Onew pat her hand and then continued, "We decided yesterday that this opportunity you have to spend with us will be used by us to turn you into a shawol! By the time you leave this dorm, you'll be an expert at the SHINee subject. Isn't that right, Taemin?"

Taemin sat down next to Onew, holding a piece of toast. "Yeah, that's right. I mean, we expected a shawol to win, but this is okay too."

"In fact, this is better. It's a challenge to us, see. It's really quite interesting!" Key added as he finished washing the pans he used for cooking. "We really do hope you like our music."

"I think I will. I've just never been exposed to any contemporary group, as all I am allowed to listen to at home is classical music."

Minho suddenly put his elbows on the table and looked at her. "That's really quite boring." 

Immediately after saying that, he left the table and sat down on the couch. Taemin elbowed Key and asked in a whisper, "What's wrong with Minho hyung today? He's been acting so weird ever since Chin came."

Without a word, Chin stood up and sat down next to Minho. 

"You don't have to remind me of how boring my life is, Minho. You don't think I know that already? You can be so mean sometimes." She pouted and then scratched her head. "No need to be bitter. It's been years."

Minho turned to her and then said, slightly shocked, "Me, mean? I don't think so. I'm not the one who said no to someone and then disappeared for seven years." He looked up at the ceiling and then quietly added, "That was you."

"You're still not over that?" She stood up, bewildered. "That was seven years ago."

"I am over it. I'm just reminding you of the truth. And anyway, you're the one who brought it up."

"It was my parents' decision to make, not mine. I was twelve at that time, and I didn't have control over my life."

Minho chuckled and then replied, "It was a really big deal to me at that time, you know. Did anyone ever tell you that I spent two weeks trying to figure out how I'd ask you?"

"No. I left three days after that night. It was after graduation anyway, so my parents decided that there was nothing to lose."

"Having you reject me was one thing, but having you leave without a single word? That was the difficult part. You didn't even tell me where you were going to go. And it wasn't just difficult for me to realize that you were gone, it was also hard to see other people get affected by it all..."

He let out a loud sigh before he and Chin both turned to the direction of the other members who were laughing and joking around, not having a care in the world for anyone but each other.