A Different Type of Valentines Day.

Fishes are good for you

The next morning, I woke up feeling refreshed. I was a little surprised to find that I had a missed call signal on my phone, so I dialled the number.

"Hello?" I heard JunSu's voice ask.

"Erm, who is this?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Oh, this is Kim JunSu," JunSu said in a cheerful tone.

I smiled a little. "This is MinYoung, Kim Min-"

"MinYoung?? Oh hello!! What happened to you yesterday?? Are you okay?!" JunSu shouted on the end of the line, and my aching ear reminded me of the incident with MiHyun.

"I'm fine," I said. "It's just that yesterday I had a slight fever-"

"WHAT? A FEVER? " JunSu shouted, as if a fever was the worst illness in the universe. "Have you taken medicine yet?"

"Erm, actually, I've recovered without any medicine," I muttered, feeling a warmth in my heart to learn that JunSu was worried about me.

I heard JunSu take a deep breath in and out. "Oh, I'm glad you're feeling fine now," he said. "Anyway, do you know what day it is today?"

I was really really really shocked by this question. What if it was his birthday today and I didn't know it?!!

"Is it.... Your Birthday??" I tried to sound as sure as possible.

I heard JunSu laughing. "Of course not!" he managed to say. "It's Valentines Day."

I covered my mouth. VALENTINE's DAY?? I checked the calendar. Yup, that was right, it was 14th February, Valentine's Day.

"Haha," I tried to laugh along with him. "Yeah, it is." God, I sounded so stupid.

"So.. Today do you want to hang out with me?" JunSu asked. I nodded excitedly. "Sure," I replied.

"Oh no, I'm really sorry MinYoung, my manager's telling me to hang up soon, because I have to go to school soon," JunSu said, he sounded really disappointed. "I'll see you at school?"

"Okay then," I said. "Bye!" and I hung up.

I went down into the living room, but unlike other days, I was NOT looking for anyone called Kim JaeJoong anymore. I grabbed a sandwich from the kitchen table, slung my bag on my shoulder and walked to school.

"MinYoung~!" I heard someone call out. I turned around and smiled to see that it was DongHae.

"Hi DongHae," I said. DongHae held my hand. "Are you feeling any better now??" he asked. I blushed. "Yeah, I am, thank you for making me the nice food yesterday!" I smiled. DongHae laughed and covered his mouth. "Well, I guess I am a born chef!!" he sang. I laughed.

At the end of school, I walked home really casually because I could find neither DongHae nor JunSu, and I was kind of disappointed, to tell the truth. When I reached home, I saw JaeJoong sitting out in the garden, so I ignored him and stormed into the house, but before I could I felt JaeJoong's hand grab my arm.

"Stop, it, oppa," I said angrily. I tried shaking JaeJoong's hand off but JaeJoong, despite his petite woman-ness, was kind of strong.

"I'm really sorry I said that about JunSu," JaeJoong sighed. He let go of me and I turned around to look at him. His face was pale and he seemed like he meant it. He looked like he was going to burst into tears any time.

"Fine," I hugged JaeJoong, I just felt like hugging him. "I forgive you."

JaeJoong looked at me, tears b in his eyes. "Thank you MinYoung," he smiled, and I brushed his black hair.

"Don't cry, okay, oppa? I don't like seeing you cry," I smiled. JaeJoong nodded.

 

*******************

 

I had arranged to meet JunSu at the park (again) at around 5pm, so by 4pm I was all ready. To match the special occasion, I wore a red tank top with a translucent white shirt over it and white shorts. I carried my iPhone along with me and strolled to the park.

 

DongHae was in his room when he saw MinYoung coming out of her house. He really had to tell her, because he was getting tired of waiting for her. He got dressed and ran downstairs.

 

"MinYoung!!" DongHae shouted. I turned around. DongHae was wearing a nice checkered shirt and... was I mistaken? The watch I got for him for his birthday last year! But I was way too caught up with meeting Kim JunSu, Kim JunSu, Kim JunSu.... I almost forgot that I liked Lee DongHae.

"MinYoung," DongHae said when I turned around. He was about 4 metres away from me. "I need to tell you something, Min-"

"Erm DongHae can we talk later?" I said. "I have to go meet JunSu..."

"Please?" DongHae asked. "It won't take long." I turned around and rolled my eyes at him (gosh, how could I EVER do that to Lee DongHae?!) .

"Sorry, DongHae," I said, "but I have to go on a Valentines Day date with Jun-" I started walking away.

"I LIKE YOU!" I heard DongHae shout. My heart froze and I just stood there doing nothing. DongHae was sniffing and I could tell he was crying. "I really like you MinYoung, and when you're not with me, I can't think straight."

"And I'll keep dreaming of hugging you, kissing you.... And I can't sleep till I've done so," I felt DongHae's arms wrap around me, they were so nice and warm.

Yet my stubborn side kicked in. "I... Don't know what to say..." I murmured, running away and breaking away from DongHae's embrace, until when I turned around and looked the only thing I saw of DongHae was him kneeling on the ground crying.

I ran home, slumped onto my bed and had a good cry. I didn't know what happened to me, and I regretted every single thing I had done a few minutes ago. I wish I could turn back time, and cover up those mistakes. But the sad thing was, I couldn't.

I my iPhone and texted JunSu,

Hi JunSu, I'm sorry but I think I can't go to on the date with you today. I don't feel so good.

 

I got another text back immediately:

 

Oh no... I told you to get some medication! *sigh* Never mind, get better soon okay? I love you <3

 

I sighed and held the phone close to my chest, wondering why this Valentines Day was so different.

 

A.N: Hihi everyone :) DongHae confessed... now the love triangle will begin finally! XD Thanks for loving my story! kekeke See you soon ^_____^ (p.s: Special thanks to LiHwee for spottting my spelling mistake^^)