Chapter 5

Why Did I Fall In Love With You? Right when our Love is in the Ice?

 

He calmly walked back to the classroom, with his heart dangling on a string. It was a complete nightmare for him. If it was only dream he could wake up from..

 

He turned the knob and entered the classroom, with surprised eyes greeting him. Everyone turned to look at him. He looked around, and found a teacher standing in front of the class. He discreetly hid the invitations behind his back, so that the teacher, or anyone else, won’t notice.

 

“Well if it isn’t Mr. Kim Jaejoong. What a surprise to see you even enter my class..! Now, would you mind telling your fellow classmates the reason why you are tardy? I must say, the reason could be important..”

 

He looked at his feet, trying to portray a ‘guilty’ side of him. He didn’t know what to reason out, since it would seriously affect his reputation if he dare say the truth. Just then, Hyunji’s image popped up in his mind. The way she acted shy, the way she smiled in front of him. He clenched his fists, obviously holding back his undecided feelings.

 

“Not anymore..”

 

He slightly raised his head, enough for you to get a glimpse of each other. In an instant, your eyes met. You looked worriedly at him. You don’t know how or why he became this late, so you can’t defend him now. You felt helpless as you saw Jaejoong freeze in one position, being cornered against his will.

“Well.. It’s your lucky day, since I’m not giving out deductions. Just go back to your seat, before I change my mind.”

The tensed air loosened a little. You feel relieved that Jaejoong wasn’t in trouble. He walked hurriedly pass the teacher, avoiding the curious eyes of his fangirls. Once the girls notice his dark emotion, they would start a commotion and corner him until he tells them what the problem is.

“Now class. Pay attention. The class project is nearing its due date, so you know what that means, right? It means…”

Jaejoong turned his head and stared out the window. His mind started drifting off again. He noticed a car parked by the school gate’s entrance. He quickly turned away before his heart burst, not into tears, but into flames. There, he could see a couple holding hands and talking sweetly to each other.

 

“Yah! Kim Jaejoong! Are you even paying attention? First you came late, and now you just ignore the important reminders! Aiish.. Just go to your groups now.. I don’t want to let my head burst with this guy..!”

 

You stood up and went straight to Jaejoong, who was staring at a distance. You sat at the empty seat next to him, speeding up to get it first than anyone else. Even though you were already beside him, he still stared at space. Even how much you wave your hand in front of him, it won’t snap him out. You give him a slight tap, and somehow it worked. He looked at you with a gloomy expression before you could ask “What’s wrong?”.

 

“Jaejoong oppa..”

 

He gave you a weary smile..

 

“Don’t worry, _____ dongsaeng. I’m alright. You don’t have to worry..”

 

He stood up, avoiding your worried comments on him. You knew that there was something wrong. You just can’t lay your finger on it. You just didn’t want to make the situation worse for him than it is now..

 

“Please oppa.. I want to help..”

 

You just let it be till the end of classes.

 

~DISMISSAL~

 

You were still fixing your things. You were being as quick as you can as you packed every book back inside your locker, because Jaejoong left already. You felt a little frustrated since he left without even telling you. “Aigoo.. Jaejoong oppa.. Can’t you even bother waiting for me? I’m your dongsaeng for crying out loud!” you started complaining. Nobody bothered you since you were the last to leave the room. Staring out the window, you thought of something..

 

“Jaejoong’s been taking in the whole engagement thing smoothly lately.. What’s with him these days..? He’s slowly becoming more.. More..”

 

You closed your eyes in the midst of your thoughts..

 

“.. Stronger..”

 

DING DONG DING DONG

 

You turned around and quickly took your bag from your desk. That was the 2nd bell for dismissal. There would be less students roaming by the halls by then. You walked down the fleet of stairs until you reached the school grounds. There were no students in sight. It was actually pretty unnatural.

 

“What time is it? There’s no one else here.. CREEPY...”

 

Creepy enough, you heard footsteps echoing. You were doing your best to keep a calm and unshaken will. Being alone in the room was scary enough, then what about the whole school? With a deep breath, you stiffened up and set your courage higher than ever. But all those things disappeared with a single grip on your waist from behind.

 

KYAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

UPDATE!

This was a pretty long chapter so I cut it into 2 parts

I'll post the next part tomorrow.. :) Feed on the suspense! >:D

Just kidding.. :P

Gomawo for the wait~ ^^