Chapter 9

Why Did I Fall In Love With You? Right when our Love is in the Ice?

 

The day was unusually cold. The bitter weather continued as time slowly passed by. Jaejoong walked down the slippery streets, rain drops mimicked the tears, as he carefully pulled out the information out of his confused mind. He wasn’t doing well. He wasn’t well at all, for all he knows. His mind wasn’t on the right track. He was lost in a world that he thought was real.

“I.. I can’t..”

There weren’t any words to express his utmost sorrow in his current situation. It felt unreal. It felt like a nightmare. A nightmare he just wished to wake up from.

Jaejoong entered an empty alley, shading from the tears coming from the sky. It seems the depression can never be surpassed by anything.

“I-I can’t believe this..”

His voice became hoarse, obviously from anger. Now, his situation is slowly moving. From depression, it turned into frantic outburst. He punched the wall behind him, but still wasn’t satisfied with the pain he already felt. He gave all he got on the wall that stood there, unthreatened. The wounds from yesterday’s depression opened up once more, again seeping out red drops on the street. His body became warmer as the last words on his mind slowly slipped out his cold lips.

“These marks.. are the only thing.. I’ll have to remember..”

His voice trailed off as he knelt down by the wall, his blood marking the wall. His breath became shallow as he tried gasping for air. He looked up, finding his blurry vision not helping in search for the light in sky. Before he knew it, he already collapsed.

 

 

 

“Aiishh.. I can’t even believe how heavy this could even be!”

You carried the slightly heavy paper bag in your arms like a baby. “But at least now, I have food to feast on while they’re gone.” You walked to the entrance of the market. You were about to step out but as you noticed people entering with damp clothes, you reached for the portable umbrella in your bag. You opened it up and started walking back home. The groceries weren’t as heavy as you expected, so you had ease carrying it. The market was a little farther than the church, so it was little tiring walking to and from.

You weren’t in such a good mood. The counter you were in was malfunctioning. The money you paid wasn’t enough, and worst of all, the people in front of the line was such a headache with their nonsense filled complaints. You just wanted to go home and be able to rest for the remaining hours of the day.

You watched where you stepped as the sidewalk became slippery. It was hard focusing at it since the sidewalk became narrow. Just then a car passed by in top speed, spraying the street water directly at you. Anger started boiling up to your head.

“This is SO NOT my day!!”

That’s what you said, rather than screaming out of anger in the middle of the street. But of course, you kept your cool and acted as if NOTHING happened, though it was hard. You sighed and continued walking, even if people are staring at how you look.

“Act as if nothing happened, _______.. NOTHING HAPPENED.. Keep cool.. Everything will be over soon..”

Just then, some of your classmates HAPPEN to pass by at this very moment. When they saw your situation, they began whispering to each other as they pass by you.

“Now.. KEEP COOL, _____.. Oh gosh.. surely this can’t get any WORSE, right?!”

 

TRIP~

 

SPLAT!!

 

And yes, the worse just came. You tripped off something that doesn’t seem to be usually seen on the street. Of course you wouldn’t notice that. You lay on the sidewalk, flat on your stomach, on a rainy day. Luckily, you were still holding onto your umbrella.

“Oh, wow. GREAT! What an experience to share with oppa tonight!”  you complained with a  hint of sarcasm in it, as you stood up and squeezed off the water in your clothes. You picked up you bag, as well as the groceries. You looked at the thing you tripped on.

“What the..?”

You stared at it for a moment to think of a possible object that could be.

“Why is there a foot here?”

You looked and it was connected to person, lying inside an alley. You were concerned and took the chance to look at it closer. You walked up to its head, and was really SHOCKED at what you saw.

 

“What in the world?! J-Jaejoong oppa?!”

 

You quickly ran up to the side of his unconscious body. You placed your things at one side and tried waking him up. “Y-Yah! Oppa! What are you doing?! Get up!!” you said every time you shake him. As you held his face to check if he was conscious, you realized how warm he was and raised him up. “Oh no..” you mumbled. You made him sat up, leaning against the wall. You shook him up completely, making his head swing back and forth.

 

“YAHH!! Jaejoong oppa!! Wake Up!! Wake Up, wake up, WAKE UP!!”

 

There was no luck. He still wasn’t reacting to anything, not even you stepping on his hand. You stood up and looked for a way to keep him from getting any more sick. You looked around, but the place seems to be unsafe. “What to do.. What to do..!” you paced back and forth. Just then, an idea struck you. You sighed at how awful that idea was. “Aigoo.. There’s no other choice.. Good thing our houses are just nearby.”

You reached down and pulled his arm, making him stand up. You wrapped his arm around your shoulder and tried to balance his weight with you. When it was alright, you reached down for your bag and you two went out on the street.

Everything was going smoothly. Jaejoong was able to walk, but he was still unconscious. You were 2 blocks away from your house. You were getting tired and decided to rest for a while, sitting at one of the benches, under a tree that covers really well, at the nearby park. You closed and put down the umbrella on your side. Your arm was aching from the nearly 30 minute walk you had with Jaejoong’s body clasping on you. You glanced at him. He looked so peaceful, leaning on your shoulder. To tell the truth, Jaejoong looks awful. Stains were visible on his back. His clothes were all soaked up because of the rain. And he looked really sick. His face was red and his breathing was irregular. You patted his head. After the whole time he had problems, this time, he felt a whole lot closer to you.

 

“I know you went to Hyunji’s wedding, Jaejoong..” you whispered as his body started to shiver.

 

“Don’t worry. I won’t be angry at what you did..”

 

He moved his hand onto yours.

 

“I want to say you were brave to even see it on your own..”

 

His head rubbed against your shoulder.

 

“I know how painful to see the love of your life pass by you..”

 

His eyes slowly opened.

 

“Sorry I wasn’t able to be there when you needed me.. I’m so—”

 

“So what..?” Jaejoong snapped.

 

You turned to see Jaejoong staring at you, right on the face. He seemed to look liked he cried all night. His eyes were red. But still he looked like an angel. His expression looked serious. You turned bright red as his face came closer to you. Closer and closer..

 

“You shouldn’t say stuff like that.. ______.. You’re perfect to me, don't you know?.. That’s why I love you..”

 

Just before he touches your lips, he collapses after saying those words. Now, his fever went to the highest level and taken over his whole body. You can feel his temperature on your arms when you were able to catch him. You fell silent. This was the first time he said “I love you” in public. He has a fever, so is that counted?

 

The rain suddenly stopped. You felt weary when you took up Jaejoong on your arm again. He sighed when his face was underneath your face, straight to your neck. It was like steam coming out of him. You hurriedly took your things, before his condition gets even worse, and once again, started walking back on the slippery pavement.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

Summer Vacation is Just Around the corner. I'll be be able to update more by then :)

 

Gomawo~ ^^