Chapter 8

Why Did I Fall In Love With You? Right when our Love is in the Ice?

Annyeong Everyone, SnowAngel here~ ^^

first of all, MIANHE for the VERY late update T^T school killed me for the past few days..

So, in this chapter, I'll be posting songs/links for you to be able to feel Jae's situation. I'll leave you to decide if you want to listen it.

It would be much more easier if you do listen. I only RECOMMEND. :)

 

Enjoy~ ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SONG/S:

DBSK -Unforgettble

or Yesung - Waiting for You (I would recommend this song more ^^)

  

 

 

“Hah.. Hah.. H-hah..”

 

Jaejoong panted as he reached the stairs of the church entrance. He brushed off the dust on his clothes and breathed deeply. Releasing the air, he looked around him, seeing Hyunji’s relatives talking to each other happily. He felt heavy. It’s as if he was going to collapse. He looked up for a moment, watching the same clouds he saw earlier.

 

“A-Am I really going to do this..? I’m pretty sure I’m going to regret this.”

 

He shook his head, forgetting the possible things that might happen to him later, especially what will you say to him if you found out about this. He straightened up and faced back to the entrance.

 

YES. I’m going to do this.”

 

He opened the door and made his way to the group of guests. “Oh, hey look! It’s Jaejoong!” one shouted out. “Jaejoong, how’s it going?” another one clearly spoke to him. He could hear all those people talking. They know who he is. Who wouldn’t? He was the guy who would obey the girl of his dreams wishes till the ends of the earth.

He didn’t bother talking back. He was too focused on seeing one thing, and only one thing: Hyunji.

He went straight to the inner part of the church, where the bride is usually hiding before the wedding ceremony begins. He searched endlessly to find her. His heartbeat slowly rose as he searched longer through the empty hallways of the church.

Hyunji was staring at the mirror, looking at her beautiful white gown. She sighed and said “So this day has finally come..” Her heart fluttered as the sun shone through the window. She twirled in front of the mirror and started swinging her arms. “There’s certainly NOTHING that can ruin this day for me!” she shouted into the air, her happiness filling the room.

But then, her thoughts were disrupted when she heard a knock on the door. “Yes come in!” she commanded as she fixed herself. “Unnie, it’s me.” Her cousin spoke, opening the door slightly. “Oh, dongsaeng. What’s the matter?” she said as she opened the door widely. Before she could speak to her cousin, she already spotted Jaejoong behind her. “Uhm.. This handsome guy wanted to see you..” her cousin shyly said, and quickly left them.

They were both speechless. Jaejoong only glanced at her for the whole time. She broke the silence and hugged him tightly. He was frozen, out of shock, depression, and amazement.

“Thanks for coming.. Jaejoong..” she whispered to him, making his heart melt in her arms. He slowly raised his hands and hugged her back. That was the only reason why he came. To be able to hold her once again.. At least before she leaves his side permanently..

Hyunji started hearing whimpering sounds. He was already in the verge of tears, again. She let go of him and wiped the tears off his face. Jaejoong looked at how close Hyunji was to his face. His tears stopped for a moment, which relieved him. But he was blushing bright red. She smiled at him, kissing his cheek in tender feeling.

 

“Thank you Jaejoong.. For everything..”

“Hyunji, I—”

“Hyunji, let’s go!”

 

A voice roared through the hallway, before Jaejoong had the chance to speak to her. The bride’s maid led Hyunji back to the room, leaving him in surprise. As he was alone, he slowly smiled to himself and jumped in joy.

 

“What is there to REGRET about?”

 

“Oppa! I’m so happy!!”

SONG:

BEAST - Lightless

 

 

Jaejoong tripped as he heard Hyunji’s voice from inside the room. He wasn’t allowed to talk to her again so he leaned on the door and listened to the conversation. He knows that there was a man, surely the groom, inside the room. The couple seem to be speaking to each other happily. Jaejoong’s heart seems to feel like it was about to break, but then, he suddenly heard the man ask..

“Then what about that Jaejoong guy? Won’t he will be jealous or something?”

 

Jaejoong paused for a moment.

“What?”

 

“What does he has to do with this wedding anyway and made you ask that?!”

He was surprised to how Hyunji responded to the groom. For some reason, she sounded serious, plus mad about something.

 “I’m just concerned. You know, he cares about—”

 

“Kim Jaejoong is Kim Jaejoong! He’s my dongsaeng and that’s what he’ll always be!”

“I know, I know. You already said that too many times.. I mean, what would he do now, when you are already getting married? He loves you, remember?”

"I don’t care what he feels about me okay?! Cry himself to sleep! Jump of a river for all I care! He’s just a delusional fool who couldn’t decide for himself! He has to follow this girl who seems to be twice as hopeless as he is!”

 

SLAM!!

 

A loud hit came from the door, making the two wedding participants shock. It was him.

Kim Jaejoong. Not the Kim Jaejoong who cared about the girl of his dreams, following her orders like her own servant, listening to her never ending rant about things he doesn’t even know about. But Kim Jaejoong who is trying to replace the lovely image of that girl with the rotten and scornful words she just uttered.

He looked crazy. His mind couldn’t process those words correctly. It was a nightmare for him. The girl he’ll die just to be with, throwing knives at him and the girl he can’t live without.

 

“It was a mistake..”

SONG/S:

DBSK - Darkness Eyes

or 2AM - I Did Wrong (I guess any will do ^^)

 

    

 

 

The next thing he knew, he was sitting with the patrons of the church, watching the soon-to-be married couple walk down the isle. Hyunji noticed him looking at her. His gaze was different now. It wasn’t the same warm gaze of the dongsaeng she used to know, but the cold stares of a stranger who just found out that his lover was a fake.

 

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the presence of God, to join this man and this woman in holy marriage..” the priest said. Everyone was smiling upon seeing such a beautiful event, except Jaejoong. Hyunji felt uneasy. She could feel his cold presence behind her, just sitting there among the crowd.

 

“I was wrong to love you..”

 

Jaejoong stood up, in the midst of the celebration. Everyone turned to look at him, surprised to see him stand up at THAT certain part of the mass. “You, young man. Do you object this couple to be lawfully married?” the priest points as he asks in amazement. The couple turned around. Hyunji was about to scream, because of anger, pity, and fright, but what’s more frightening was the fact that he was smiling brightly at her. He happily said “No, I’m just leaving. But I do wish the couple a beautiful marriage, especially the bride..”

He looks straight at her as he opened the door of the church. He coldly said..

 

”May you have a happy life..”

 

..and left, having the audience in shock.

 

"It's over now.."

 

And thus, the beautiful Tuesday morning changed into and sorrowful Tuesday afternoon as the rain poured down on the shock-stricken ceremony..

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I know the chapter is LONG because of the embed videos.. ^^;;

I hope you listened to some songs that matched Jae's feelings.. :)

I would've posted "Wedding Dress" by Taeyang.. but it somehow doesn't fit the concept of the chapter..

I hope I was able to satisfy you with this chapter.. :D

Gomawo for the wait~ :) <3<3