Chapter 1

Why Did I Fall In Love With You? Right when our Love is in the Ice?

 

She’s getting married tomorrow” Jaejoong said in a low tone

 

 

It was a bright Monday morning at the school park. You were sitting next to Jaejoong, whose head was in between his hands. You patted his back and tried comforting him, but no luck seems to come. With a sigh, you said “Jaejoong oppa.. Please, don’t be like this..”

 

You could feel him really getting emotional: his hands, trembling, his body tensing up, and you can almost hear sobbing sounds coming from his covered face. “I know I shouldn’t be like this..” He said in between his sobs. He raised his head, revealing his wet face and red eyes. “He shouldn’t cry like this.. A guy like him.. It’s just too depressing..” you thought.

 

 

“I have to admit..”

 

 

You looked at him, he was smiling while looking at the sky. He turned his head and faced you, giving off a calm aura..

 

“She was never mine to begin with.. Then why am I crying?”

 

You tried giving him a sympathetic look through your eyes, but holding your thoughts back in your head wasn’t so easy. In the midst of your mind, all these questions started popping out..

 

“Jeajoong oppa, are you serious?! Is this the same Kim Jaejoong I came to know and love? No.. This can’t be right.. This isn’t like him at all!!”

 

===================================

It was 10 years ago when you first met him. Your parents were workers of his father’s company. Every time your parents bring you along to work, his father would acknowledge you and always asked you to play with Jaejoong in his office, even if he was 2 years older than you.

 

As time passes, your relationship with Jaejoong became a lot deeper and more sentimental. His father was actually surprised to find out. You overheard that Jaejoong wasn’t the type of kid to easily communicate with a girl, even if he grew up with older sisters.

 

He became so fond of your progress, he even sends you to the same elite schools he would go to, and in fact, he even pays for your tuition fees. Imagine how high that can be! Since it was a HUGE benefit for your parents, you do your best to keep that good relationship with Jaejoong, and at the same time, still be able to balance your studies.

 

Ever since then, you never left Jaejoong’s side. You really did grow up with him, no wonder many people thought you were siblings. During those growing up years, Jaejoong started to opening up to you, like a childhood friend that he should be. He admitted to you that he felt uncomfortable with you at first, but after those years being together, there was nothing to be embarrassed about each other.

 

“I have to say, for a girl, you aren’t one of the annoying ones”

 

He told you that one time, but since you were both young, you didn’t really much get it.

 

Middle school came like a breeze, but then, there was this incident. This is when you finally met the “real” Kim Jaejoong.

 

One day, during 1st year of middle school, you were walking by the school courtyard by yourself, looking for Jaejoong, who you saw pass by that place earlier. As you walked by, you saw a young boy holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers to girl, who seem to be a whole lot older than him. You observed that boy, who has his back turned. “What..? Jaejoong oppa?” you murmured, just as you remember him talking about a girl liked a few days before.

 

“I will give her flowers, I know she’ll like them.. I want her to smile.. I know she is the one.. My first love..”

 

You smiled as you saw the girl holding on the bouquet, and whispered..

 

“Good Luck Jaejoong oppa..! Fighting!”

 

Slowly walking out the courtyard, you tried your best not to make a single sound and maintain the silence. But the sound of flowers being thrown at the ground broke that silence. Not long after, you can already her incoherent shouting coming from the place where Jaejoong was.

 

The next thing you knew, you were sitting next to broken-hearted boy at the dark classroom in the middle of the night. He was completely hopeless. It was truly painful seeing him like this..

 

“Oppa, please.. Smile..”

 

He continued crying, as if wind just talked to him. You noticed him shivering at the ground, so you gave him your coat, which didn’t much affect you, since you were accustomed to the cold. He looks at you with innocent eyes. You smiled at him and patted his head, saying..

 

Oppa, please think of me like this jacket. I might not be much help, but I’ll keep you warm in the coldest of moments..

 

That same night, you promised him that you’ll be his jacket, from that day on. You will always be beside him, even through all the girlfriends and heartbreaks he might have.

 

 

===================================

 

“Yah.. _______ - dongsaeng.. Let’s get back to class..” Jaejoong stood up, holding tight on your hand. “Huh?!” You snapped out, from vague flashback.

 

“I said, let’s get back to class! Even if it’s irregular doesn’t mean we can be late..!” He said with a warm smile.

 

“Yeah, let’s go..”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OhMaiGosh.. I just realized how long this chapter is.. >.> Mianhe.. I didn't mean to do that..

How was it? :) Did you like it?

Please Comment~ :)