Chapter 6

Why Did I Fall In Love With You? Right when our Love is in the Ice?

 

"KYAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

 

You panicked as you feel that person’s breath on your neck. But the more you struggled, the tighter the grip became. You shook as that person held you closer.

 

“Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my GOD!!”

 

You were about to scream out as loud as you can, but then stopped when that person spoke.

 

“What kept you so long, dongsaeng~?”

 

That voice started ringing inside your head. You turned around to see your oppa’s reassuring famous smile.  You weren’t sure if you should be happy to see him in this ghost town, or you should punch him for leaving you in this ghost town in the first place.

 

“What the?! Oppa?! What the hell’s your problem?! Don’t ever, and I mean EVER, approach me like that, or else you want me to die early?!’

“Who would ever want that, huh dongsaeng? I would never! That’s why I’m wrapping my arms around you~ I will protect you..”

 

You fell silent for a moment. You were trying to digest his words PROPERLY, but couldn’t stick with right thoughts at the moment. So you let it pass THIS TIME.

“Ugh! Whatever Jaejoong oppa! I thought you already left!! I can’t even believe you! You LEFT me!”

 

He kissed you on the back of your head, and hugged you even tighter. He started swinging left to right, making it feel a little awkward between you. He smiled at you and replied..

 

“I will never leave you behind, _____ dongsaeng. I just couldn’t..”

 

He snuggled onto your body more, making you his own teddy bear. You didn’t know how to react to what he said. Should you take his words as his sister? Or just something else.. You couldn’t think straight. You knew you were starting to feel something for him; it’s just too faint to glow yet. You sighed in reply. No words seem to come out right now.

 

 “Neh, dongsaeng. Let’s get going..” he said as he looked at his watch, while his other arm was still around your waist. For some reason, you stayed quiet, not complaining, you were actually enjoying the moment. Without letting go of you, you two started walking back home. The feeling of having his arms around you, promising to never let you go, to protect you, will be the one thing that you will remember about him.

 

~~~~~

 

You arrived at your street. He wasn’t holding onto your waist anymore, but throughout the walk, he was holding tightly to your hand. The feeling still remained in your body.

You were neighbors. Your houses were just in front of each others, that’s why wherever you go, he would always accompany you.

Jaejoong guided to the door of your house. It seems your parents haven’t come home from work. He stood in front of you, with a gleaming face, which can actually make your day bright.

“Dongsaeng, do me a favor and stop watching horror movies from now on, okay? The way you tensed up earlier wasn’t a good sign..”

“Me? Why blame me?! You’re always the one who pulls me to watch them with you! You scaredy cat!”

He kisses you on the forehead and pats your head..

“Fine.. As an oppa, I’ll take all your wrong-doings.. Goodnight dongsaeng..”

You hugged him goodnight and went inside your house. You can feel him still standing there waiting for you to lock the doors, so you did. Your heart was beating like crazy.

“What in the world just happened..? The way he treats me.. Why do I feel.. It’s not like I’m.. his younger sister anymore..”

These questions started popping out again. But then cuts off when your cellphone rang.

“Hello?”

“_____..”

“Umma.. Why did you call? Is there something wrong?”

“Sweety, your father and I would be coming home late tonight. Have you eaten dinner?”

“Yes, umma. During classes, they asked us to eat..”

“I see, well, that’s good. We’re lacking food at the fridge right now. Can you please go to the market to buy some food tomorrow?”

“No problem. I’ll be right on it..”

“Thank you sweety. Please get a good night’s rest, okay? How’s Jaejoong doing?”

“He’s doing fine, umma. We just got home..”

“Alright. Please take care while we’re gone. I’ll see you soon. I love you, _____..”

“Love you too, umma..”

As you hung up, you gave out a deep sigh. This is the 3rd time your parents called you that they are coming home late. It seems that they have busy these days in Jaejoong’s father’s company. You didn’t bother asking what it was about, since it wasn’t any of your business. You can’t complain anyway, and actually got used to it now.

You went up, took a shower, dressed in your pajamas, and stood by the window. You can see the light inside Jaejoong’s house, since it was the only light in his entire house.

 

“So tomorrow I won’t be around.. Hmm.. I wonder what will Jaejoong oppa do by then..”

 

You looked and you can see his silhouette at one of the windows. He was reading something on a piece of paper.

“Those things that he said earlier..”

“Is he serious?”

 

You started questioning, but once again was interrupted by a text message. You looked and gave a slight smile.

 

From: My ever-lovely Jaejoong oppa(That was the name Jae texted in)

Yah, dongsaeng.. Sorry for earlier. I didn’t mean to scare you or anything. ^^ It’s only because you were so huggable just standing there! I didn’t hold back and did what I can! Don’t tell me I need permission for that! :))))

 

Goodnight, dongsaeng.. Sleep well!

Oppa loves you.. :)

Now and forever..

 

You stared at the last two lines of the message.

 “First the sudden hugging, then the cute words plus cuddling. And now, sweet apologetic text messages..”

You sighed and started texted back.

“Jaejoong oppa.. You never failed to make a girl laugh..”

You turned off the lights and went to sleep..

 

 

MEANWHILE

Jaejoong was there, sitting by his study desk, staring at the invitations in his hands, after sending you that text. He looked up and slammed the invitations on the table. “I’ll go to the wedding and nothing will stop me!” he shouted in glory, but that glory just couldn’t stay. Whenever he says the word ‘wedding’, all these sad memories seem to come back. He stood up and went to his bed. Just then, his cellphone rang. He smiled when he saw you replied..

 

From: My cute puppy dongsaeng(That was the name Jae texted in too)

Neeh, oppa.. It’s okay. No hard feelings. And yes, you do need permission to do that! :))))

Goodnight to you too, oppa. Sleep tight and take care! :)

I.. I..

 

Jaejoong stared at that part of the message. It seems like you couldn’t text in those words, well that did happen.

 

I—Oh forget it!

I’ll save that for some other time! ;)

Goodnight! :)

 

He smiled, as he turned off the lights, sat on his bed and looked at your message for the last time. He lied back and said to himself “It’s better if she doesn’t come.. I want her to do what she wants tomorrow..”

He rolled on his side, and said for the last time before going to sleep

 

“My dongsaeng.. Cho _____..”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE! :3

This was to be updated the same time with Chpt 5. But I got lazy.. Mianhe!

The next chapter will be the wedding. Just sharing to you, my lovely readers ^^

Thanks so much for the comments and subscription! :)

Hope you're enjoying the story! Gomawo~ <3