epilogue

If Tomorrow Never Comes

 

The sound of chirping birds and dancing grass on the field filled his ears, so peaceful. He stared silently at the beautifully carved tombstone. The golden sunset mixed with bloody sky at the horizon lines enhanced the shape of the marble statue in front of him. He ignored his both numbed legs as the results of prolonged squatting. ‘Just for another minute, I’ll go after this.’

“You know, lots of things happened in these 4 years. Mianhe, not being able to come and meet you as much as I wanted too. I hope you’re not lonely up here.”

Dusting the small pebbles on the grave, he continued, “I’m doing fine, as I promised you. I get married and currently I’m happy with 1 child. We planned for another.” He smiled genuinely, with the thought of his family.

“And appa..”

DongHae casted his gazed far away and fixed them at the horizon as he thinks about the man that he used to hate. Hesitantly, he turned his eyes to the tomb again, as he had done wrong.

“Appa, he changed. He apologized to Nana-Umma and Minnie Hyung..and me." The young mand exhaled.

"I showed him your grave. He begged me to. I hope you don’t mind.”

DongHae pulled out a ring from his index finger and placed in on the tomb. “I guess, I give this back to you. It is always yours to begin with.”

His sad eyes followed his fingers as they traced the words on the stone;

Memories Carry Us Through,

As The Angels Have Carried You

Forever Missed, Forever Loved

My beloved …Lee Hyu..

“Appa!”

A small hand on his shoulder hoisted DongHae back to reality. Smiling as he turned to face the small angelic creature, DongHae put the boy on his lap.

“Yes, Aiden, anything Appa can help you with?”

his chubby thumb soundlessly, his confused doe eyes met DongHae’s brown ones. Pointing his index shortly before shoved it again into his mouth, he asked his ‘Appa’.

“What are you doing here, sitting in front of a stone like this? You took too long.”

Chuckled softly while ruffling his 4 years old son’s dark brown hair, he said, “I am visiting someone here. My beloved one. The person’s remains is now resting underneath this stone”

“Owh? What is that person doing there? Can’t you just pull that person out? It must been so lonely and dark down there.”

Amused by his son’s innocent questions, he kissed the boy’s chubby cheek, “It’s ok baby, the person’s soul is now resting in peace beside God in heaven, it won’t be lonely up there, I promise.”

Scooping his precious bundle in his arms while standing up, he walked towards the main entrance, “Let’s go home ne?”

Nodding furiously at his Appa words, little Aiden threw his last gaze towards the glittering marble tomb behind. “Appa, will your precious person come and visit us in future? I wanna met that person.”

Laughing heartedly at this, he once again ruffled the boy’s head, harder this time, “You such a sweet and caring boy just like your Umma! Nope, I don’t think so; we won’t meet her in person, not in this live time.”

“And who you called Umma just now? I thought Aiden have two dads. I am a man, DongHae!”

DongHae can’t prevent the growing smile threaten to split his face at the sight of the beautiful crossed-arm, slightly annoyed man who leaned casually against his Audi door.

“Hyukkie-daddy!” the small boy in Hae’s arm struggled to get down and jolted to his appa as soon as his feet touched the ground.

HyukJae swiftly scooped the boy in his arms and kissed his cheek. “Good job Aiden. Had you found AppaHaeHae? ”

Aiden nodded frantically and proudly pointed to DongHae. HyukJae’s eyes never left DongHae’s while he said, “Hem, I’m proud of you. Because you had worked hard and being nice, to each other, Daddy will treat you two ice creams ok?.”

“Yay!” both kids-ehem- father and son squealed happily at HyukJae’s words. DongHae walked to his husband and kissed his forehead while mouthed ‘thank you’ against his alabaster skin.

HyukJae smiled warmly to him, he nodded softly, “Don’t mentioned it; it is your mom’s birthday today. Had you sent her my regards?”

He entwined their fingers together and kissed them sweetly, “Don’t worry baby, I did.”

***

DongHae look at the tomb for the last time before starting his engine. He read the line engraved on the stone again before dove off, it written;

Memories Carry Us Through,

As The Angels Have Carried You

Forever Missed, Forever Loved

My beloved mother, Lee HyunA

‘Yes, life is just too great, you can now rest in peace, mom. You do not have to worry about me anymore; you had sent two perfect guardian angels beside me. We’ll forever love you.’

Fin***

yay, back for popular demand! (got bricked)

ah, readers, actually tbh i really didn't want to post the epilogue here because of the lack of respons from u guys, but as i think it all over again, i shouldn't ask for too much.

people come across this fic and read it, should be enough to make me feel happy. if someone decided to spend a minute or two to comment, it will be a bonus to me. but really, reading comment about my (messy, full of grammatical errors) fic really boast my self esteem more and make me wanted to write more.

but anyhow, really thank you for reading this.

hope u going to continue your support to my next HaeHyuk fic. it's a mafia -au

see u next time^^