chapter 12 : Lee SooMan

If Tomorrow Never Comes

 

Lee SooMan, the famous and powerful most lawyer in Seoul.

The man is so influential; that he could influenced judges and played them in his hand if he wanted to. He’ s the king in the court. He always wins his cases and his clients are lineup of riches and famous.

He have everything in the world, literally. Great job, magnificent houses, and beautiful family. Life was at the best for him, but those just not enough, not for this powerful man.

He loved –and still loves- his graceful wife, the ever so beautiful Im Jin Ah or Nana, famous model in her time. The classy lady who’s also a daughter of the former South Korea’s president. They were happily married and had a beautiful boy together, SungMin.

His first escapades and one of his biggest sins was when he met his son’s baby sitter. A y Kim HyunA., 25 years ago. The beautiful petite girl was his wife’s good trainee and she was only 18 back then. The young Soo Man smitten by HyunA’s iness since the first time he laid his eyes laid upon her.

Lee SooMan decided, he wanted to make her his. Hyun A can’t help to fall in love with the charming and handsome man and had betrayed her mentor when she had an affair with him. There was love indeed. He gave her his favorite ring as a symbol of their secret love. A simple silver band with “Love Bounded Me To You Forever” carved on it.

The handsome lawyer made a great job juggling between his family and his secret love for months until they found out that Hyun A was pregnant.

The love struck SooMan wanted to come out clean and tell his wife about them. However, HyunA disagreed. She forbade SooMan to do that. She’ll feel guilty she said, if anything happened to her mentor’s seemly perfect family. She wouldn’t allow it.

The next day, HyunA was gone, without a trace. Lee SooMan tried to search for her everywhere, but an avail.

Out of frustration and guilt, he told his wife eventually. He had been honest to her and revealed everything about his affair. Their marriage was rocky at that time, but his beautiful wife compromised for the sake of their own child. However, their relationship never been the same anymore. Nana became cold. She buried herself in her work and seldom talks to SooMan anymore.

The beautiful woman blames her husband for everything. She blamed SooMan for not being able to stay truthful on their marriage and seduced her innocent mentee. She said she’ll never forgive SooMan until he found his son and HyunA again.

He had looking for HyunA since then, until he met DongHae after the boy involved in an accident years later.

After he was ascertain that DongHae is his son, he brought the boy to meet his family. Nana instantly became fond of him as the little boy really much reminds her of HyunA. She also take a good care of the boy as her own son after she knew that her mentee had died while delivering DongHae.

SooMan was relieved, but their relationship still didn’t improved. Lee SooMan never regretted more then he cheating on her wife in his love until he met HyukJae.

The second unforgivable sin that he committed is a huge sin against his own son.

His love child, DongHae.

DongHae had a best friend, called HyukJae SooMan recalled, as the boy alwways tells him. They grew up in the orphanage together. Little DongHae shamelessly claimed that he loves his friend and wanted to be with him.

With plastered limbs, and fresh wounds all over his body, the boy begged SooMan to look for HyukJae.

From DongHae, he found out that, HyukJae was left at the alley the night he was involved with the accident. To Lee SooMan, as redemption of abandoning DongHae and his mother, he tried to search for HyukJae.

The search was not easy. A homeless boy left alone in the street, anything could happen to him. The best, he might get caught by the police or social workers and placed under a shelter house, but if his luck wasn’t good enough, he’ll left on the street, alone and will be a victim of cruel fate and cruel people.

At that time, the only clue he got was, the boy bore his ring. The ring that he gave to HyunA, which she left it to DongHae, and DongHae gave it to his ‘love’ HyukJae.

After years of search but avail, he started to lost hope. He sent DongHae to study abroad but promised him to still looking for the boy.

Later on, when one of his private investigator gave an info regarding a beautiful host in a certain gay club who had a ring similar as his, suddenly it clicked. SooMan’s hunch told him to go and see the boy. The name are different, but he might be the person he’d been looking for.

 His hunch was right. He knew the boy was the person DongHae’ love from the moment he laid his eyes on the ring. However, things that happened following their meeting were utterly wrong.

His sinful yet lonely heart strongly attracted to the boy and selfishly claimed him his.

He never being so wrong and he never being so regretful.

***

They stayed in heavy silence like that for another 5 minutes. The tears started to dry, the heat started to cool off with the breeze.

All the sudden, HyukJae saw some small movements from Lee-nim. While the old man mumbled inaudibly under his breath, his shaking hands dived deep into his grey suit.

“I am so wrong. I am the worst.”

“I cheated on my wife, then I cheated on my own son, I am really the worst human in this world.”

With hesitant and weakling hand, Lee-nim revealed a revolver and shakily aimed it towards his head. Eyes dazed, unfocused, untrained finger dangerously hovered over the trigger.

Shocked, HyukJae screamed from the top of his lung and ran towards the suicidal lad.

Hearing his lover’s terrified voice, DongHae held his head up. His heart stopped beating for a second as he saw HyukJae struggled to take the weapon from his old man’s hand. He longed towards them and tried to knock the pistol out of his father’s grip.

They struggled, tripped, and stumbled together. The deadly weapon gets loose from Mr Lee grip, fell on the marble floor, and exploded with a loud ‘Bang’.

***

The bang, the pain, and next thing, he saw red.

Shakily HyukJae’s eyes tried to focus at those two bewildered people in front of him. His bloody hands clutched at his shirt tightly as he felt a sharp pain of the hot metal bullet sliced through his chest.

‘Hurt’

His head chanted.

‘Hurt’

His body screamed.

“..it’s…hurt..”

His bloody mouth blurted, and cough more blood as he fell unceremoniously on his knees.

HyukJae’s weakling body started to fell forward pulled by the gravity. His face just an inch before kissing the floor if it wasn’t due to a pair of strong arms caught him. The red head rested his heavy head on the man’s lap and creased his bloody mouth with his last strength.

Looking at his savior with his blurring vision, HyukJae tried to speak in between his shorten and harbored breath.

“..p..leas..e..s..to..p..fight..ing..”

tbc***

what will happened to HyukJae next?

read and comment ne?

-kisseu-