The Notebook Feeling

BELIEVE.

 

Yoona’s Pov.

 

‘Perfection?’ Or ‘Feels like home?’ those words are just so complicated for me. I’m reading it again, ‘The Notebook’. i’m obsessed with this romantic story. For a second I thought.. ‘Prefection’ is just someone with an awesome looks with money, fancy cars, a big house meanwhile ‘Feels like home’ is someone with a kind heart, willing to do everything for a girl he loves, fight for her like a soldier. Everything, but love. Love is a complicated word. I’d rather ‘Feels like home’ than ‘Perfection’.

Why?

Because, if that guy is just so perfect, it doesn’t meant he loves his girl with money and so many girls around him, there’s no love. Meanwhile, ‘Feels like home’ is where the girl feels so comfortable around the guy who loves her for who she is and I want to be that lucky girl. But, the ending of this novel.. I don’t get it. It’s so complicated. so, I’m going to ask the ending with Kyuhyun who was sitting next to me in the classroom.

“So.. what’s the ending of this complicated novel?.” I asked her pointed to the novel.

He grins to me. “Why don’t you read it by yourself?.”

“I don't get it.” I said briefly.

“They are getting old. They’re died in each other’s arms. Before that, he tells the reader that he is reading to his wife, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease and does not recognize him. He explains that he is also ill, battling a third cancer, and suffering heart disease, kidney failure, and severe arthritis in his hands. He resumes reading the story and describing their life together: her career as a famous painter, their children, growing old together, and finally the diagnosis of Alzheimer's. He had changed the names in the story to protect her, but he is Noah and she is Allie. They walk together and Allie, although she does not recognize him, says she might feel something for him.” He said.

“So……?”. I asked him curiously.

“A few days later, Noah has a  and is hospitalized. He is released and, on the night of their 49th anniversary, he reads the letter Allie wrote to him when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Deciding to visit her, he finds that Allie finally recognizes him again.” He paused a moment, he turns his head to face me. Our faces are close, it’s just a few inches. “That’s the dramatic ending……” he added.

I’m so obsessed with this novel. I can’t even imagine if I were Allie. “I love the ending… but, why is it so complicated?.” I sighed in the silence.

He grins to me again. “That’s what we called love. Love is a complicated thing.”

I bite my nail. “..and unpredictable thing.” I paused for a moment then take a look at him. “Will you do that to me?” I asked him while staring at him.

“I will do everything for my girl until we’re not exist in this world again.” He smiled coyly to me. He embraced my shoulder and we keeps silent until the lesson’s over.

.

Author’s Pov.

 

The lesson’s just over. Kyuhyun & Yoona are stepping outside the class. Accidentally, Kyuhyun saw Gikwang from distance, he was staring at they both.

“If I ask you to stay, will you stay here for a second?.” He asked her while keeps staring at Gikwang from distance.

Yoona turns her head to see him. “What?.” She followed Kyuhyun’s sight and it fixed to Gikwang. “Oh…” she starts to walks over Gikwang, left Kyuhyun behind.

“Of course the answer’s no.” Kyuhyun said softly then followed her.

“Hey…..” she greeted him first then hugged him. Gikwang hugged her too and of course, Kyuhyun’s sick of this, he looks away.

“I have to tell you something…” he paused a moment then looked at Kyuhyun. “Just us…. You & i.” he said. Kyuhyun smirked.

“Is it important?” she asked him seriously.

“Yes.” Gikwang said.

Yoona turns her head to face Kyuhyun. “Can you leave us for a second?.”

Kyuhyun sighs. “Alright then. I’ll see you outside.” Kyuhyun kissed her forehead then went outside. Gikwang seems so jealous.

After Kyuhyun left them. They starts the conversation. “What is it?.” Yoona asked him seriously.

Gikwang looks so afraid. “I’ll leave Seoul soon.” He said it briefly.

Yoona’s face turns stuttered. “What?” she paused a moment. “B-but why? Why don’t you tell me a little sooner?”.

“I’ll leave after the prom night.”

She don't even think that Gikwang will leave her. “Why? Can you just stay here…?” she begged.

“My mom needs me. Moreover, you have him. You don't need me anymore.” He looks away.

“No! I need you too. You’re my bestfriend.” She begged for more.

He turns his head. “You still consider me as a friend? No more than friend? Don’t you know I love you? I love you as a girl,Yoona! Not a friend.” He emphasized the ‘As a girl’ words.

She shooks her head slowly. “I can’t love you more than this…..” she said it softly. Her eyes are getting watery.

Gikwang looks away for a moment then turns his head to see Yoona. “Can you do something for me before I leave?.”

“What is it?” she asked.

“Kiss me.” He said it briefly. Yoona looked at him with ‘Who-do-you-think-you-are-?’. “I only ask you for once.” He added. “Or,I will do that..”

Gikwang grabs her wrist then kisses her for 1..2..3 seconds. Yoona looks so surprised.

“What the…..” she lost her words.

“Goodbye Yoona……” Gikwang said then left her behind.

Yoona feels so speechless. She covers with her hand, her eyes are still watery. She can’t think clearly. She turns her head to look around but, accidentally her eyes fixed at Kyuhyun, who was standing worriedly near the locker’s place from distance. She thought that why did he has to see that kiss. She’s panic but still trying to calm. Kyuhyun looks away. Yoona walks towards him slowly.

“I love you more than anything.” Yoona said with her stuttered face.

Kyuhyun seems so resigned of it but he already know Yoona loves him so much. “I know you do..”

.

.

.

“So, Prom night will be held on Friday Night this week. Ohhhh I can’t hardly wait.” Jessica said excitedly.

“Really? Then I need to ask a girl out here…” Minho said while looking around the canteen to find a right girl.

“I wonder if there’s a girl wants to be your couple since you don’t know how to dance.” Heechul said jokingly.

He slaps Heechul’s head. “Man…. I can dance! More than you.” He said. “Well, I have good-looking face too.” He’s proud of himself.

“Kyuhyun must be going with Yoona.” Heechul said.

Kyuhyun grins but,Yoona’s still silent thinking of Gikwang will leave Seoul.

Jessica realized that Yoona’s face looks gloomy. “Hey,what’s wrong?.” She asked softly.

Yoona turns her head to see Jessica. “Humfh…. Nothing.” She paused a moment. “Hey…Jessica, will you accompany me to find a dress for Prom?.” She said.

“Of course! I’m so excited. Moreover, I’ll choose you a really really great dress for you.” Jessica said.

“Okay..” Yoona relieved. Actually, she wanted to tell Jessica something about her feeling. She takes a look at Kyuhyun but, he was thinking something that Yoona haven’t know yet.

.

.

Yoona’s Pov.

 

It’s Thursday. I’m going to find a dress with Jessica. So I pick her up in front of her house. She approaches my car right after I parked the car.

“Let’s go find our dresses.” Jessica seems excited. So I turn the engine of the car on then we’re leaving.

On our way to somewhere, I really want to ask Jessica if she wear me. I’m just gonna think about it clearly.

Here we are, we’re at an unique small boutique. So, I parked my car in the parking lot, we stepped inside that unique boutique.

“Look at these pretty dresses!.” Jessica said right after we entered the boutique while I’m looking around.

.

15 minutes has passed. Jessica was busy trying some dresses while I was sitting with ‘The Notebook’ in my hand. I close the novel and dare myself to ask about my problem.

“Hey.. may I ask you something?.” I asked her.

“Yeah.” She didn’t even make any glances to me, she was busy staring the mirror in front of her.

I show my stuttered face, it always happens whenever I’m getting nervous. “If you were me… who will you choose? Your bestfriend? Or your boyfriend?” I asked her calmly.

“If I were you? It depends. If you love your bestfriend more than your own boyfriend… choose him over your boy.” She said it briefly.

“Then what if I can not choose between they both?”.

“Just follow your heart where it goes….” She turned her body to me and she’s staring at me. “Tell me what’s wrong exactly?” she took a seat in front of me.

I don’t know what to say but, I have to tell the truth. “Gikwang will leave Seoul soon…. After Prom night.”

“Then what’s the problem? You have Kyuhyun who will always be your man.” She paused a moment. “Look! I don’t want you to look gloomy. I’m your friend,right? Your heart will choose one of them who is it.. now…” she stood up and pulled me up too. “Let’s find a nice dress for you. Follow me.” She pushed me to the dresses’ zone.

.

.

“Come back again….” The shopkeeper said while waving at us.

“Bye. We’re glad to came here.” Jessica smiled to her and then we left.

.

.

I have just arrived in front of Jessica’s house. Before she got out of the car she said something to me.

“Remember to follow your heart Yoona. You can’t avoid your own feeling. If you need me? Just call me.” Jessica half yelled to me before she got inside her house. So, yeah... remember to follow your heart. It depends to me. The ‘Perfection’ Gikwang or The ‘Feels like home’ Kyuhyun?. I think I’m just gonna… die for a moment.

 

 

__________