Birthday Girl.

BELIEVE.

 

Author’s Pov.

 

It’s already May,30th and it’s Yoona’s birthday, she already 18 years old since 00.00am. she’s still sleeping on her bed, then her dad stepped in and he took a seat near his daughter.

“Hey,sleepyhead….” Her dad patted her on her shoulder. “Wake up……”.

Then Yoona woke up. “What is it?.” She asked like she didn’t remember her own birthday.

“Happy birthday.” Her dad said right after he gave something to her.

“Oh? What is this?.” Yoona paused a moment. “You know I don't like gifts.”

“Don’t blame me….. it’s your birthday! You deserve it.”

Yoona opens her gift. “Wow.” She said briefly. “It’s nice…..” it’s a white bracelet. “and…. Seems so expensive.” She said while still gazing around the bracelet.

“I said you deserve it.” Her dad said briefly. “And….. this one from your mom.” He gave the gift.

Yoona have no idea that her mom’s still remember her birthday. She’s a bit happy inside. But, she think twice to accept it. “No…..”

Her dad sighs. “C’mon,Yoong.. don’t disappoint her. It’s just a gift.”

Yoona looks at the gift for a while then looks at her dad’s face. She opens it. “Thanks.” She said briefly to her dad. It’s a pretty brown box. Her dad’s leaving her alone. Inside the box, all Yoona can see is… some pictures when she was a little girl. She was happy in those pictures with her dad & her mom. She grins remembering those old pictures. Maybe, those pictures will change her mind to forgive her mom. She just don’t know right now.

.

.

Yoona have just arrived in the parking lot. She parked her silver car then started to walk. Jessica ran over her.

“Happy birthday!!.” She yelled then hugged Yoona. She replied Jessica’s hug with a coyly smile. After a moment, Jessica moved her body. “Soooo…. Here’s your gift.” Jessica gave something to her while smiling.

Yoona chuckled a bit. “You give me this?” it’s a novel titled ‘Monte Carlo’.

“Yesss.. don’t you like it? It’s a novel. You like it,right?”.

“Yes. I like it. I’ll read it. Thank you so much…” Yoona smiled to her.

“Owh… he’s comin’.” Jessica saw Kyuhyun from behind Yoona’s shoulder. Yoona turns her head to see him.

He grins. “Happy birthday.” He said while grinning with his cool tone.

“Uhmm… forget it.” Yoona said while smiling coyly.

“Sorry. I didn’t bring anything for you.” He said.

“Nevermind. I only want you.” They both are getting closer and Kyuhyun kisses her lips.

Jessica who was standing behind Yoona started to walk away. “ I think I’ll just… go. Bye.” She smiled happy for they both.

He stopped the kiss.

“So…. It’s the birthday girl. Hey….” It’s Gikwang. He greeted Yoona right after he stood not far from her.

“Hey….” Yoona said in disbelief.

“Happy birthday….” He paused a moment. “Uhmm, I’m sorry about what happened in front of my house.” Gikwang apologized.

Yoona seems happy that finally Gikwang talked to her. So she approaches him and hugs him.

“Where have you been?.” Yoona asked curiously.

“I was in Arizona. After that night…and hey, it’s for you.” Gikwang gave a key chain for Yoona’s car and there’s a ‘Y’ shaped. “I made this special for your birthday.” He smiled.

“Owh.. thanks but you didn’t have to do that…”

“You deserve it.” Gikwang said while Kyuhyun’s smirking behind them.

“Let’s go inside.. we’ll be late.” Kyuhyun cutted their conversation then embraced Yoona’s waist. They both left Gikwang behind.

.

In the classroom, Yoona’s still gazing around the gift from Gikwang it is just so nice. He made it by himself. Kyuhyun who was sitting next to her feeling a bit jealous over the gift.

“Why he gave you a gift meanwhile, I didn’t give you anything?.” He said.

Yoona turns her head to see him. “No need give me anything. I got you.”

“Yes. But it’s just not right for me.”

“Don’t be like that. I got you. That’s more than enough for me.” They both are talking in the silence.

“But still….” Haven’t finishing his words, Yoona cutted.

“Ssshh… shut up.” Yoona said and it makes Kyuhyun grinned. “You already give me everything with just breathing.” Kyuhyun grinned after hearing his girl’s words.

.

In the cafeteria, Kyuhyun, Yoona & Jessica are sitting on the bench the Heechul & Minho came by.

“Hey hey hey…. It’s the birthday girl. Happy birthday to you. Wow! You looks so old.” Minho said right after he sat beside Jessica. Yoona chuckled.

“So… what should we do? It’s her birthday.” Heechul said while he’s still playing silly with Minho.

“Should we kiss her?” Minho asked teasingly.

“Alright then.” Heechul replied then they both came to Yoona and kissed her on the cheeks at the same time.

“Hey!.” Kyuhyun slapped Heechul & Minho’s head. Kyuhyun knew that they both are joking.

“You guys are not normal.” Jessica added while eating a snack.

“Uuuuh… give me that snack.” Heechul grabbed the snack from Jessica.

“Hey! Seriously….” Jessica’s a bit mad. “Well, Yoona… you’re like a Barbie doll. They kissed you at the same time.” Jessica added again.

Yoona smiled coyly. “I’m not a Barbie doll. I wasn’t born to be played.”

Jessica turns her head to see Minho & Heechul. “Look at them….. they’re not even normal.”

Yoona smiled coyly again. “Don’t mind them then.”

“Hey, there will be an annual party. Like a prom night you know…… dancing.” Jessica looked so excited.

“When it will be held?” Yoona asked.

“From the information I just knew… maybe 1 more week.”

Yoona nodded slowly the she realized that Kyuhyun was thinking something and he looked so worried. “What is it?.” Yoona asked.

Kyuhyun turns his head to face Yoona then grins. “Nothing…. I’m just not in my mood.” He smiled to Yoona. Kyuhyun must be hiding something. Something that might be hurt Yoona. He just don’t want to tell it yet. He will tell her soon……… soon.

.

.

Yoona’s Pov.

 

I’ve arrived in front of my house with Kyuhyun. We got out of his car then he leaned his body against his car. He takes my wrist then kiss my cheek. I smiled to him then left him behind to go inside the house. He left too.

“I’m home..” I yelled.

“Is he your boyfriend?.” Suddenly, dad came from the kitchen while holding a coffee.

I don’t know what to say. “Yes.” I said calmly, I just told the truth.

“Since when? I don’t know about this relationship….” Dad asked curiously.

“Uhmm.. I don’t know. It’s been a long time.. why?.” I stood up from the sofa. I think it will be a serious conversation.

“Mmm no. just wondering. Are you still………” dad made a curious face in front of me. He seems won’t say the last word. I can’t believe that he asked that.

I start to panic. “Oh my gosh.. dad? Oh my gosh!” I can’t believe this. “Oh lord.. dad.. are you just asking me that am I still….. ? Ohooo, don’t worry. I’m still .” I smiled nervously because of this silly question.

Dad looks so calm. “No. I was just wondering if he’s a good guy for you.” He said.

I grin. “He’s a good guy. He’s totally a good guy. Don’t ever think in that way again…. I know the best for me.” I said.

He turns his body to the kitchen. “Okay then… don’t get me wrong. I was just wondering.”

“Okay.” I said briefly.

“Okay.” He paused a moment to go back to the kitchen. “He’s a good guy…..” he said softly but I still can hear that. For a second I thought, he’s so caring to me and he’s also ridiculous for asked that. Yes, he’s a father no wonder he worried about me meanwhile I’m girl.

So,after that silly conversation. I got inside my room. I placed my bag on the floor. Accidentally, my eyes fixed on the box from mom. I stare to the box for a moment then take it. I take a seat on the sofa near my bed, open it and take them one by one. I smiled to those pictures. Those pictures are just so memorable for me. I stuck in the picture where my mom’s embracing me tightly and kissing my right cheek and she’s smiling in that picture. Now, I’m missing those happy memories with my mom. It just.. I still can’t forgive her after she left me with my dad.

 

_________