Chemistry.

BELIEVE.

 

Author’s Pov

 

A rainy morning in Seoul. Horns’ are everywhere because the traffic. People started shouting,they couldn’t waiting anymore. A girl with straight hair was waiting with her not-interesting-looks with the traffic.

“If this traffic continues,you’ll be late...” a man beside that girl said.

That girl looks around. Shortly thereafter,she got an solution to get out from the traffic. “I’ll just walk from here.. it’s not that far.” She said without staring that man who was driving the car.

“You sure? No,i’ll ride you until we drop in front of your school.”

But,that man’s late,because the girl already unlocked the seat belt and ready to get out from the car. “I’m fine..” she said then left out the car. She’s walking to the other side with her hands covering her head. It’s drizzling in Seoul,the smell of the rain always brings the great feeling.

...

The students are running to get into the school because it’s drizzling so does that girl. But,she’s only walking calmly to get into the school. Right after she walked in the corridor,she saw some of the students are talking something,laughing while walking,and other.

“Hey!” someone patted her on her back. She looked uncomfortable with that,so she keeps on walking to reach her class. “If you need something to go out like... hang out or maybe date.. just call me,okay?” the guy gave his number which is written on a paper. The girl took it. “Bye...” the guy left her alone with a shy smile. The girl looked him like she’s not interesting to hang out or even date with someone. The girl looks at the paper then smirked,then she threw the paper down. She started to walk again after stopped by a strange guy. A guy who was laughing uncontrollably with his friends bumped her.

“Ah,you okay? I’m sorry...” the guy who bumped her said while looking at her.

“Yeah..” the girl said coldly then left them.

The guy who bumped her left speechless. “What?? She left me just like that...” Gikwang,the guy who bumped the girl said.

“It’s your fault. You laughed uncontrollably then bumped her..” Hyuna said while holding Kyuhyun’s arm but,Kyuhyun always removes his hand.

“Hey,you two are broke-up right? But why you both are still arm in arm like that?” Gikwang asked.

“Who says? We are still dating.. right babe?” Hyuna’s face getting close to reach Kyuhyun’s lips but,Kyuhyun looks away to avoid Hyuna’s reaction.

“You two are weird.. let’s get in the class.” Gikwang said then started to walking into the class.

...

Meanwhile,In the middle of the lesson,the girl  was listening to the mentor carefully but,she feels uncomfortable with someone beside her who was staring at her continuesly. She covered her face so that guy won’t see her again. She started to playing with her pen uncontrollably,suddenly the pen fell down and it makes the mentor turned his head to look at what happened.

“Mrs. Im Yoona,is there any problems?” The mentor asked her with his mentor’s style.

Yoona took her pen under her chair. “Nothing.it was just..” Yoona showed her pen,because she don’t really like talking even with the mentors. The mentor turned his head to the whiteboards again. She turns her head carefully to see that guy who made her feeling uncomfortable earlier,but too bad.. that guy already looked at the white board and Yoona gave him a strange looked.

 

Tttrrriiiiiinnnnngggggg...

 

“Alright,class. See ya all on the next week.” The mentor said while the students are busy packing their books. the students are left the class,so does Yoona,that girl.

She walks toward her locker. She opened it right after she reached the locker. She took some books from her bag into the locker. After that,she closed her locker then shocked a bit that someone’s standing right beside her.

“What do you want?” Yoona asked lazily.

“Sorry. I’ve been staring at you while the lesson,because i like your eyes. Sorry..” it was the guy who was staring at her while the lesson is on.

Yoona looked down for a second then looks up. “Yeah..”

“Ahh it’s my number. So if you wanna....” haven’t finishing his words yet,Yoona cutted his words.

“Yeah. Sure...” Yoona said flatly then took his number. The guy looked so happy,he smiled widely to Yoona.

“Okey then.. see you around.” The guy named Taecyeon left her alone with a smile.

Yoona looks at his numberr right after Taecyeon left her. Yoona looked not interesting with Taecyeon. She’s about to throw the paper but she have to appreciate him a bit so,she kept his number in her locker.

In the other side,Kyuhyun was walking alone while holding a coat in his left hand,he accidentally glanced to Yoona,a girl who get bumped by Gikwang this morning. He saw that the girl with skinny jeans and an elbow-length sweater. Accidentally,Yoona looked around and got Kyuhyun was looking at her from distance. She closed her locker, bowed her head and started to walk straight.

In the parking lot,her dad was waiting for her with his black car. Yoona approached the car,then get in.

“Have you eating your lunch?” her daddy asked right after she got into the car.

“Yah..” Yoona replied.

“Your mom is here.. you wanna meet her?”.

Yoona stares at her dad. “She’s here?”. She paused a second. “No. I don’t want to meet her at all.” She added while looked outside the car.

“You sure? Okay then.. i won’t beg you.” Her dad started driving,left out the school.

Along the way to go back home,they both aren’t talking at all. The silence between them keeps going on,like they both are strangers.

They’ve arrived in front of a white house. They both unlocked their seat belt,Yoona’s eyes stucked to a silver car in front of their house.

“Who owns this car?” Yoona asked her dad.

“That’s yours..” Her dad smiled to her.

Yoona opens in disbelief that the silver car is hers. “Seriously??”. her dad just nodded. “Oh my gosh!” she raised her voice because she’s so happy. She started to look at the car.”Thank you so much.. but,why you bought this car for me?” she asked.

“I’m a workman. I feel bad for you,you can’t go outside to hang out by yourself,you have to waiting for me or the taxi,so.. yeah.. i bought this for you. You like it?” her dad asked her with a smile.

“Are you kidding me?? Of course. I like it.. thanks once again.” Yoona hugged her dad,her dad looked surprised with her reaction.

.

.

The sky’s already turn into dark. There’s no stars,there’s just the moon. Meanwhile,inside the house,they both are having their dinner.

“I’m going to Singapore tomorrow.” Her dad started talking in the middle of their dinner.

“How long?” Yoona asked without stare her dad.

“I’m not sure. Your mom will accompany you here while i’m in Singapore.”

Hearing the ‘MOM’ word,it makes Yoona paused her dinner. “I can take care of my own self.”

“Yoona.. do you still hate her? She’s your mom.” Her dad looked at her daughter deeply.

“She is NOT my mom. I don’t have a mother like her.” Yoona emphasized the word ‘not’. She stood up. “I’ll be fine when you’re not here. I promise. But,i don’t wanna see her around me.” Then she went to her room left her dad alone in the kitchen.

She closed the door,lying on her bed,covered her face with the pillow. Yoona hates her mom since she was only 6 years old. Her parents are divorced due to her mom misunderstood about her dad. Her dad never betrayed her mom even once. Her mom used a ridiculous excuse to get divorced with her dad,Yoona thinks she’s not more than a junk,she’s a hypocrite for Yoona. Yoona thought,Her mother released her responsibility as a mother. Reminding her mom, it will just make things getting worse.

Shortly,her dad opened the door. He saw Yoona’s already asleep. He turned the lamp off then he closed the door.

 

***

 

A good weather for this rainy morning. Yoona came out from the house like usualy,cold. Yoona saw her dad’s packing some stuffs into his car. She approaches him.

“You leaving?” Yoona asked him.

“Yes. ah,take care of yourself..”

“You’re not begging.....” haven’t finish her sentence,Her dad cutted in.

“No. Don’t worry. You’ll be in here alone..” her dad said. She just nodded slowly.

“I’ll leave first.” She hugged her dad for a second then get into her silver car then left out from the house.

...

The students are walking to their classes. The clouds are turned into dark,the lightning sometimes appeared. In the roomy parking lot,Yoona placed her car in the corner,she got out of the car,she saw the students are gathering around with their gang,don’t have idea what are they talking about,ridiculous. She saw a guy who bumped her yesterday was gathering with his friend,a tall guy and a y-faced girl with him. she ignored them then walked into the corridor.

“Hey,Yoona!” someone yelled her name from behind,she directly turned her head and got Jessica,her closest friend but.. not her bestfriend.”How are you?”. She asked.

“Good.” Yoona replied briefly.

“So,today i’m going to a club,you know..... hang out,heh.“ Jessica actually wanted Yoona to come with her. But,Yoona seems not interesting with that,her face showed it.

“Ahh,about that.. i can’t come. I have to do something this evening. Sorry.”

“Really? Oh... too bad.” Jessica looked disappointed.

“Next time...” Yoona said.

“Sure. Bye.” Jessica left Yoona,Yoona started to walk into the corridor again after stopped by Jessica. Along the corridor,Yoona seems seriously reading a novel in her hand while bites her nail sometimes,it was The Notebook. Someone’s running from the opposite direction,then bumped Yoona until she fell down. She sighed because the guy who bumped her didn’t say sorry to her and just go like that.

“What’s on this planet?!” she said softly.

“Need a hand?” someone extended his hand to help her up. Yoona looked up then she saw guy with a cold face but seems nice. Yoona received his hand then up from the floor. That guy took the novel which Yoona was reading. “It’s yours?”. He gave the novel.

“Yeah. Thanks.” Yoona said with her flat face.

“The Notebook,huh?” it was Gikwang’s friend,Cho Kyuhyun.

“Yeah.... It’s a cool story.” Yoona replied. Kyuhyun grinned after looked at the novel. Yoona looks at him with no expression. Kyuhyun left Yoona to his class.

She stepped into the classroom and got all the students were sitting calmly on their chair,she thought she already late because the incident before.

“Ah,Yoona.. can you explain why are you late?” the mentor asked her.

“Uhmm..” haven’t finishing her words,someone cutted in.

“A guy bumped her this morning,so she’s a bit late.” Yoona looked at who was talking about her,it was Kyuhyun. she looked surprised but she keeps calm.

“Really?” the mentor turned her head to Yoona. Yoona just nodded slowly. “Okey then.. have a sit.” The mentor allowed her to following the lesson. Yoona was looking for an empty chair,looks like there’s no empty chair. But,her eyes fixed on an empty chair beside Kyuhyun,then she sits there.

“Thanks.” Yoona said briefly with her thanks-faced. FYI,Yoona is unpredictable.

Kyuhyun turned his head to face her. “Nevermind.” Kyuhyun grinned then continues his analysis. Yoona looked at Kyuhyun for a second then turned her head to the mentor.

“Hey,I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun started to talk.

Yoona turned her head. “Im Yoona,jus-just call me Yoona.” She said without shaking hands,Kyuhyun too. Kyuhyun was grinning while keep analyzing the glass. “What?” Yoona asked him softly,she’s crossing her hands then placed them onto the desk.

“Nothing..” he paused a moment,grinning again while still analyzing the glass. Yoona don’t know why he likes to grinning,but it makes him good. “You like to be bumped by people easily. Do you have a diseas?”. Kyuhyun turned his head. Yoona seems won’t answer the question. She stuttered without saying a word. Kyuhyun’s face becomes serious.

“I don’t know.. i easily get bumped. I’m not a good defender. I feel.. i’m a weak one.” Yoona stopped talking.

“Uhm..” Kyuhyun clears  his throat. “I’m sorry.. i’m not trying to dig you..”

“No. It’s okay.” Yoona replied. Their eyes are staring each other for a moment,then Yoona turns her head to the mentor.

 

__________