Something called connected.

BELIEVE.

 

Author’s Pov

 

The class is over,Yoona stepped out to the roomy parking lot. The students were playing around with their friends,except Yoona. She stepped inside her car then the engine,drive it,then left out the parking lot. In the silence’s way,Yoona was driving her car carefully. The trees are blowing so hard, these few days, the heavy rain’s often pouring down with the storm,the weather also cold too. the sky turned into dark... it’s drizzling. She looks up to the sky through the window,she thinks it’s going to be heavy rain again. So,she the music to accompany her journey to somewhere. Her car goes along the way.

.

.

3.45 pm. She has arrived at the cafe. She got out of the car. The cafe area was so quite. She stepped inside the cafe,she saw there was 2 people in the corner,an old man was eating his food, and the servant. She took a seat on the mini bar,in front of the servant.

“Like usual?” The servant asked her with a smile.

“Yeah..” she said briefly. She often in here. It’s quite. She don’t really like crowd. She takes a look at around her then smiled briefly. She took her novel out of her bag.

“Here it is..” The servant gave her a milkshake. The servant looked at her novel. “The Notebook.. it was good.” The servant said.

“You've read it?” She asked seriously.

“Yes.” the servant left her alone. Yoona seems more curios about the story of The Notebook. The door’s bell’s ringing it’s a sign that someone’s enter the cafe. Yoona seems serious reading the novel. It was Kyuhyun,who stepped inside the cafe,he walks to the mini bar.

“Water,please.” He begged,the servant nodded. Kyuhyun looks at the girl beside him,he recognized it was Yoona. “Heyy..” he greeted huskyly.

Yoona turned her head to him. she looked surprised but still calm.”Hey.”

“What are you doing here?” he asked while sitting beside her. Yoona showed  the novel to him,he got it.  Yoona seems wants to ask something to him,she started it.

“Do you ever read some novels?”

Kyuhyun clears his throat and looks at her. “Yes. twice. Including this one.” He pointed The Notebook’s novel.

“But,you seems don’t like reading novels.” Yoona was curious.

“Yahh.. i don’t like it. it will just waste my time just for read it. stupid.” He said to himself while grinning.

“Sooo,why did you read them?”

“For the tasks. I hate task.” He grinned again.

“Who doesn’t.” Yoona said briefly. Kyuhyun just chuckled a bit after hearing her words.

“You seems so interesting of this.” Kyuhyun pointed at the novel.

Yoona looks the novel. “Yeaah..  people said this story is romantic. So,i was wondering.”

“I see..”

“Here’s your water.” The servant gave him a bottle of water. Kyuhyun gave the servant his sweet smile. “I rarely see you with your friends..” he asked.

Yoona shows stutter-faced. “Uhm.. i often spending my time alone.”

“Kyuhyun!” someone called his name,he directly turned his head to outside through the glass. It was Gikwang,who was waiting for him.

Kyuhyun turned his head to Yoona. “I have to go.”

“Yeah.” She replied briefly. Kyuhyun left out of the cafe,Yoona looked at him until he disappeared from her sight.

She continues reading the novel again,she found ‘Trust, Love and Forever’ she grinned for those words. The servant saw her grinned.

“Trust..Love.. Forever..” The servant said while looks away. Yoona turned her head to the servant. “You’ll know what those words meant excatly if you’ll meet your true love someday..” The servant gave her a smile. Yoona still don’t get it. “Time’s running,girl..” the servant left her inside. Yoona left curious with what those words meant.

...

“Bye.. be back later,drive carefully..” The servant half-yelled to Yoona who was walking outside of the cafe. Yoona gave her a brief smile then got in her car. She started driving her car again to the next destination. She saw Gikwang was playing something silly with his friends,no Kyuhyun. along the way to her next destination,she passes the exalted trees. The weather is also nice,drizzling. She loves it. she saw her destination,it was a books store. She parked her car in the small parking lot. She went out of the car then stepped inside the store.

“Good evening.” The shopkeeper greeted her. Yoona gave him a brief smile. She approached the shopkeeper.

“Sorry,do you sell any movies here? I meant.. for the novels?” she showed her novel.

“No. Sorry,we aren’t selling the movies for the novels here.” The shopkeeper said.

Yoona looks disappointed. “Ah,okay.. thanks.” She left out the books store. She opened the door,when she’s about to walk toward her car, 4 boys are approaching her. Well,it’s dark and quite outside.

“Heyy,pretty..” they started teasing her. Yoona looks panic but still calm.

“Want to go out with me? C’mon.. it’ll be fun with me.” Boy 1 touched her arm.

“Get off of me!” Yoona emphasized the words.

“Whooa.. you seems interesting.”

“Just drag her and take her..” he said to his friends. They were laughing when they saw Yoona looked panic at that moment. Boy 3 touched her hand,but Yoona avoided it. Her face looked so pale. “C’mon pretty..” he added and took her hand.

The sound of squealing tires of a motorcycle heard by the boys who were seducing Yoona. They looked at the guy who was riding the motorcycle including Yoona who looked so panic. “Let her go.”The guy said right after he took off his helmet. Yoona was trying to let her hand go from the boys’.

“Hohoho, who are you? Dare to beat me??” boy 3 asked him with his man gaze. It was Kyuhyun!!

Kyuhyun approaches Yoona to take her with him,but the boys stopped him and pushed him away.

“What do you want,huh?” boy 1 asked him with his death gaze. Kyuhyun seems won’t answer the question,he walks again towards Yoona then..

Boy 2 punched Kyuhyun on his face,Kyuhyun paused a moment then looked at the boy who was punched him then Kyuhyun punched boy 2 manly then the fight among the boys go on and on until Yoona stopped them.

“Stop it.. stop it,Kyuhyun.” Yoona pulled Kyuhyun’s arm to standing next to her and not to fight again.

“He is your boyfriend?” Boy 2 chuckled as he looked at Kyuhyun who was holding Yoona’s wrist. Yoona’s trying to step back,but Kyuhyun.. He’s so mad with what just happened.

 “Let it go.” Yoona begged him while she looks at Kyuhyun deeply. It’s the first time Yoona looks at the guy deeply. She never did it before.

“If you’re going and have some fun with us.. maybe you won’t be lonely. Hey! That’s not the right way to treat your girl.. leave her alone.You’re so pathetic.” Boy 2 added rudely. He seems wanted to grab Yoona’s hand from Kyuhyun, but,Kyuhyun pushed boy 1’s body to step back. “We’ll wait for you to come again......” boy 1 paused his words for a moment. “Alone..” he smirked while looking at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun already know what he means,to take Yoona with them. “You better watch your mouth.” He said in his cold voice. He pulls Yoona’s wrist to her car,then get inside the car.

“Where’s the key?” He asked her without make a glance to her. He took over as the driver,he just wanted to drive Yoona safely to her home. Yoona gave the key from her black jacket to him,she looks so curious with what happened earlier and Kyuhyun,why did he come to the store?

“Are you... followed me? Why did you come to the book store?” Yoona asked him curiously with her soft tone.

he looks straight to the road while driving the car.”Ehm...it was just coincidence.” He chuckled coldly,pretending like nothing happened,it’s his behaviour.

Yoona felt like there’s something fishy,so she begged him to stop the car. “Stop the car.” Kyuhyun stopped as he looked at Yoona with a thousand questions on his mind.

“What happened? Is there something wrong?” he asked Yoona right after he got out from the car just like what Yoona did. The street’s so quite,the wind also blows so hard,it’s so cold here.

“Just answer me.. why did you come there when the boys were trying to seduce me? Are you followed me?” she asked.

“You mad? I’m sorry. I wasn’t following you,it was just a coincidence.” He was trying to explain everything so she won’t misunderstanding about it.

Yoona looks at him seriously, “Okay then..” she started to walk alone,leaving her car and Kyuhyun.

“Hey..” Kyuhyun grabbed her wrist. “Stay here.” His eyes became spark,it was charming. Yoona forced to stay.

“Then,tell me why..” Yoona said softly with her curious face.

Kyuhyun moved his body closer to her,Yoona looks up remembering that Kyuhyun is a tall guy. Kyuhyun looks a bit nervous and more serious this time. “I can’t stop.. thinking ‘bout you... everytime. Your face always popped-up on my mind. It’s like...i felt like.. we have connected each others. I don’t know why..” he paused a moment then cleared his throat. “Please... don’t go. I can’t stay away from you..” he forced himself to said that.

Yoona shocked in her calm face. She looks at Kyuhyun’s eyes  deeply,dunno what she’s thinking about. Everything is just.... blur for her. “So stay here.” She said stuttered right after she woke up from her blur sight. They are hand in hand,Kyuhyun’s holding Yoona’s hand tightly. Her face showed a wondering face, is it his confession? Or just a confession for a friend? She will never know until  that guy confess his true feeling.

“Kyu?” a voice called Kyuhyun’s name calmly. It comes from the other side of the road. Yoona directly looked at that guy,she let go her hand from Kyuhyun’s. Kyuhyun’s following her sight. That guy walks toward they both. Kyuhyun feels he’s not a stranger,yeah because he’s Gikwang.

“Hey,what are you guys doin’ here? Why are you two get along?” Gikwang asked curiously.

“It’s a coincidence. We met just now. What are you doin’ here?” Kyuhyun told a lie to his own bestfriend with a relax face.

“I’ve bought some snakcs from the store. Hey, stay  in my house.. We’ll watching europe legue with the others tonight. Wanna join?” Gikwang begged him. “Ahh you can stay too..” then he pointed to Yoona with his eye smile.

“Uhm no,thanks. I don’t like football,i will just.... go home.” Yoona said with his stuttered tone.

“Are you serious? You’ll go home alone? I’ll drive you home safely.” Gikwang overs his hand.

“No. I’m fine,thanks.” She approached her silver car. “I’ll.. see you around.” She said briefly then got inside the car.

“Be careful.” Gikwang said as he looked at the car disappeared from his sight. Gikwang smiled secretly. “Come on in.. the league will be begun or we’ll miss it.” He patted Kyuhyun on his back then walks toward the apartment. Kyuhyun followed him after he looked at the car’s gone. His mouth seems wanted to say something,but too bad,it doesn’t meant he wants to say something,but it’s his habit,he looked so cool with that habit,yeah just that cool.

“Who’s here?” Kyuhyun asked him as they’re walking approach the room which is numbered 212.

“Heechul,Seungri,Minho and.. your former.” Gikwang answered.

Kyuhyun looks not surprise at all. “She’s here?” he paused a moment to think why she’s here “I wonder why...” he added.

Gikwang opened the door. “Look whose here.....” he said as he walks in.

“Oh,Kyuhyun.. you’re here.” Seungri turned his head to see him.

“Yes i’m here.” Kyuhyun took a seat next to Heechul.

“Why are you suddenly met him,huh?” Minho asked Gikwang who was preparing some snacks for them in the kitchen behind them.

“He just met our school’s girl.. Yoona.” Gikwang replied him.

“Oouch,you just met a girl? And it’s Yoona? Ohoho..” Heechul teased Kyuhyun.

“What?” Kyuhyun turned his head to his ert mate. But,Heechul gave him a teasing smile.

“Yoona?” Hyuna joined the silly conversation among the boys. Her face is so uncomfortable to see. Deep in her heart,she went bananas.

“You mad bro??? Ahaha funny remembering you’re not dating him anymore.” Heechul said while laughing his head off. Kyuhyun makes a glance to Hyuna who was sitting not far from him ignorantly while Hyuna looked straight with no expression on her face to the tv.

.

.

Yoona just arrived in front of her house,she got out of her car and got her mom was sitting on a bench in the terrace. she looked so tired for waiting for her around 1 hour. Her mom stood up.

“Where have you been?” her mom asked her.

“Book store..” she replied briefly. “Why are you here?” she added as she walks in calmly.

“I’ll accompany you while your dad is overseas.”  She followed her daughter.

Yoona stopped her walk,feeling not right at this moment. “You don’t need to do that. i can take care of myself.” She said without make any glances behind. “You can go now..” she tried to walk normally approach the stairs.

“You can’t do that to me. I’m your mom,honey.. why don’t you just let me here to accompany you. I’m afraid that something might be happen to you. We’re still family.” Her mom shouted in his silent.

Yoona takes a deep breath. “Look,i’m tired. I’ll just take a rest. Don’t worry ‘bout me.. i’m fine here. I’ll just ask Jessica to accompany me when i feel lonely. Well ahh... take care of yourself.” She walked straight upstairs,she opened the door then walked in,she locked the door,her eyes become watery,not crying yet. She promised herself to not crying about her mom after she left her. She heard car engine blazed,she takes a look through the window,she saw her mom leaving the house. She sighed while her hair. So,she started again to dislike her own mom this time after 6 years not get along well with her because the divorce.

She closed the view in front of the house with the window. She lied down on the bed,thinks about ‘connected’ word. Earlier before the awkward quarrel with her mom,Kyuhyun told her that he felt they both are connected each other,dunno what was that word meant excatly,and just now,with her mom,have a quarrel with her own mom,is it what people called family? No,of course not. They weren’t connected anymore. she only has her dad,just her dad,nobody else.

 

________