College Days Chapter 1

College Days

 

"JaeHwa!! Wake up, we're going to be late!!" Yelled the 19 year old psychology student. Her name was Lee SooMi and she had never been late in her life. She certainly wasn't going to start now.
"I'm up, I'm up. relax SooMi. We're not going to be late. You wouldn't let that happen." Joked her roommate, Lee JaeHwa. The girls had become fast friends after becoming roommates. They were very different, JaeHwa being laid back and not really caring for the rules, and SooMi being a stickler for the rules and almost always being tense or stressed about something or other (not that it would be obvious what with her orange-ish hair). But even though they were so different, they balanced each other out. JaeHwa knew how to get SooMi to have fun, and SooMi knew how to get JaeHwa to follow the rules. Let's just say it was a very beneficial friendship for both of them.
"Come on, JaeHwa! If we don't hurry we really will be late!!" Called SooMi to her friend from the enrtrance.
"I thought you didn't like 
yths and Mysteries class!" JaeHwa exclaimed, struggling to put her converse on.
"I don't, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with being late!" Said the orange haired girl, quite exasperated with her friend. "Now come on!!"
"Alright, alright, I'm coming!"
 
*Meanwhile, on the other side of campus*
 
"You ready, TaeMin?" Asked Onew, his hand on the door knob.
"Yup! Mianhae for being so slow." Answered TaeMin, grabbing his bag off the floor. Onew just smiled and nodded as he opened the door. As per usual they met with JongHyun, Key, and MinHo outside the dorm building.
"Annyeonghaseyo?" TaeMin said, greeting his 3 friends.
"Annyeonghaseyo, TaeMin?" replied Key and MinHo simultaneously.
"Yo." Was JongHyun's response. Onew grinned and shook his head. His friends were really special.
"We should all get to our classes or we'll be late." MinHo, ever the punctual one, pointed out. And so, the 5 friends said good bye and headed their seperate ways.
 
*In Myths and Mysteries Class*
 
"See? I told you.... we wouldn't be... late! You.... freaked out... for nothing!" JaeHwa told her friend, struggling for breath. SooMi just rolled her eyes and walked to her seat. they had walked (more like ran but whatever) into class just as the bell signaling the start of the earliest classes had rung.
 
"JaeHwa, you better take your seat before the teacher gets here!" SooMi hissed to her friend who was talking to a guy with blonde hair.
 
"Alright, alright. Talk to you later TaeMin!" JaeHwa waved to the boy as she walked to her seat next to SooMi. Not even 2 seconds  later did the teacher walk in. Lucky JaeHwa, she's not in trouble.
 
"Alright everyone, take out your textbooks and turn to page 166. Today's topic is spectral incursions." Announced the teacher, taking out her own textbook. Everyone did as they were told. This was the only thing that SooMi liked about this class. Everybody listened to the teacher.
 
Now, this is usually the part where the student zones out or falls asleep while the teacher is giving the lesson. Not SooMi. She stayed awake, taking notes and making sur that her sort of lazy roommate stayed awake as well. But then again, SooMi wasn't your usual student. And surprisingly, neither was JaeHwa.
 
The lesson continued, seeming completely irrational to SooMi and really interesting to JaeHwa. And so began the most interesting year of their lives. So far.