History

Exotic Bakery

-The Next Morning-

I got up from bed early, dressed in my workout clothes. It had been quite some time since I had done some exercise. I grabbed my iPod and towel, and headed out from the house.

The sun was at the very peak of rising. The skies showed a faded orange. I took a deep breath of the fresh morning air and popped the earpiece into my ears. I began jogging towards the neighborhood park. As I jogged, plenty of things came over my mind. Not even the music could drain out my thoughts. Blurred images and memories of Luhan popped into my mind.

It hasn't been long since I was dumped. Could it be that I still have feelings for him? Why am I such a messed up person..? Aish, Eunmi, you are such an idiot. But Xiumin...

The further I travelled into my mind, the lesser attention I paid to the surroundings. Soon enough, I found myself tripping over a pebble and falling hard onto the cement ground. I yelped in pain from the friction between the rough cement and my knee. It was bleeding profusely. I sat there, feeling helpless.

I grabbed the towel that hung over my neck and held it against the wound. There was a sharp sting. I bit my lip, preventing myself from screaming.

The sun was slowly coming up and the sky was getting brighter. I looked at my knee and sighed. I struggled to stand up and walk to the nearest bench. There was no way that I could walk all the way home in this state. So, I decided to just sit by the benches in the neighborhood, and wait for someone to pass by and seek their help.

"It's only 6.15.. Which idiot would wake up this early except for-"

"Hey." a familiar voice greeted.

I turned around to see the person I didn't want to see most.

Luhan.

I mentally slapped myself in the head. This was his side of the neighborhood. How did I end up jogging here?

"What happened to you knee?" he crouched down to examine my scraped knee. I used the towel and draped it over the injury. "It's nothing.. Go away.." I ordered.

Luhan showed his back to me and said, "Hop on. There's no way I'm gonna let you sit here alone with a scraped knee.". I shook my head and rejected his offer but he forcefully slung my arms over his shoulders and lifted me up. I felt slightly embarrassed. I didn't want to be carried by him but i didn't want to stay out with an injured knee too. So, alas, i didn't hesitate or struggle my way through the journey.

"So, what are you doing up so early?" I asked, trying to kill the horrible silence.

He smiled, supposedly glad that i took the initiative to talk to him. "Same reason why you got up in the first place.. Exercise. Didn't expect to see you there though."

He walked me straight to my house and settled me down by the front yard. I thanked him softly and turned away to limp towards my door. Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and spoke, "Please forgive me.. Whatever i did to you in the past was a mistake.. I didn't cherish you the way i should have. I only realised how important you were when you left. I don't need you to answer me now. But just know my feelings for you have never faded."

I looked over to him to see his eyes almost watery. "Luhan, I-"

"I get it. You like Xiumin hyung now right? I can tell. Xiumin hyung is really a lucky guy." Luhan looked up, trying to hold in his tears as he bade farewell and strode off. 

-Flashback-

"Eunmi, come here!" Luhan gestured as he pointed to the clawing machine, "Which one do you like?"

The light brown best caught my eye as I pointed to it. Luhan smiled and tried his best to get the brown bear for me. But out came a purple penguin. He sadly lifted up the toy and held it up with both hands, "Sorry baby..."

I laughed at his cuteness as you accepted the penguin graciously and skipped away.

"Wait, aren't you forgetting something?!"

I turned back and saw Luhan with crossed arms, pouting. "Oh, how could I forget?" I hooked my arms with his and planted a kiss on his cheeks, "Let's go, silly!"

-Flashback ends-

I stared at the purple penguin plushies in front of me as I embraced it. Tears rolled down my cheeks as the beautiful memories flooded my mind.

"But... If he loved me so much, why'd he dump me in the first place.. Why'd he two time.." I thought. Because honestly, the Luhan that I dated back then, didn't seem like he was the kind of player. It felt as though he had an image to keep up.

But for what?

As I spaced out, there was an incessant ringing coming from my phone. I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey eunmi! It's Xiumin! About our date, i don't think i can make it! The bakery's been really busy with orders lately! But would you like to come over and help?"

There was a brief silence.

"Uh, sure! I'll be over in an hour!"

I threw myself onto my bed as I said, "I need to know what my heart wants.."

****************************

A/N: Her history with Luhan~ Badumtsssss. Luhan isn't as bad as you guys think. He has his reasons. :)

And weeeeeee, im almost done with my exams~ ^^

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! I love reading nice comments! <3