second chance

Exotic Bakery

Xiumin sat in the kitchen, pondering over Luhan's words. He felt heavy in his heart. It was as though an iceberg was slammed against it. There was a current of jealousy that flowed in his veins. He curled his hands into a fist as he grabbed on to the dough.
 

"Whoa, who made you angry?" Baekhyun snickered.
 

"What's the feeling called when you are anxious of losing something cause you feel really inferior to the person who's trying to take your stuff away from you?" Xiumin asked. Baekhyun blinked, trying to understand what that chunk of sentence meant. He tapped his fingers on his chin then snapped, "AH! I think you're referring to jealousy! Why are you jealous? Of who? And why are you mentioning this all of a sudden?! Is it true about whatever Suho hyung said about you liking Eunmi?"
 

Xiumin grabbed a ball of dough and shoved it into Baekhyun's mouth. Baekhyun spat the dough out and yelled, "I hate it when you do that!" He walked over to the sink to wash out the taste.
 

"I'm not jealous. If I'm jealous, that'd mean I like her. If I'm jealous, I'd get into a fight with Luhan because he likes her." Xiumin thought to himself. He spent an hour convincing himself that he wasn't in love.
 

Meanwhile, I was in my room staring at my phone. "Should I send him a text?" I mumbled.


*1 New Message*
I stumbled and opened the message. A disappointed expression pasted itself on my face. It was Luhan.
 

Can we talk? - Luhan
 

I rolled my eyes at the text. There was clearly nothing much to say between us. He's a jerk. Point taken. Chapter ends.
 

Nope! -Eunmi
 

Just then, my phone buzzed again. I had high hopes that it would be Xiumin this time, but it wasn't. It was Kyungmi. I hung my head and sighed.
 

How was your date?! Does he like you yet? Has he texted? - Kyungmi
 

My date went perfect! He held my hand. It wasn't on purpose though. And I dont think he likes me like that.. And no, I'm waiting for his text. :/ - Eunmi
 

AFKEBSJEJDKAKCNEANWNAJFKW HE DID WHAT? HE SO LIKES YOU!!!!!! :D -Kyungmi
 

I read Kyungmi's text and stuffed my phone under the pillow.  I was too lazy to entertain her hype. I walked out of the room to grab a snack instead.
 

*Ding dong*
 

"EUNMI, GET THE DOOR. I'M DOING MY NAILS!" my sister yelled. I sighed and did as told. I opened the door and immediately slammed it back.
 

The doorbell continued ringing as I slid down against the door. I ruffled my hair.
 

"Eunmi, what are you doing? Go get the door before I tell appa about your English incident!" she threatened. I heaved a loud sigh and opened the door again.
 

"What do you want?" I said coldly.
 

"A second chance." Luhan admitted. I pushed him further away from the door as I carefully shut the door behind me. I shoved my hands into my hoodie. "I'm not going to trust you. You have plenty of girls waiting for you.."

Just then, a bicycle rang it's bell as a girl on it shouted, "Hi Luhan!"
I pointed to the girl and smirked, "See what I mean?"

"It's different this time.." he said as he grabbed my hands. "It's been about like.. 5, maybe 6 months since we broke up and-"
"5.. And correction, you dumped me." I corrected him.

"Fine. 5 months since we.. I mean I dumped you. But please believe me when I say that through the 5 months, I couldn't stop thinking about you.. And I'm pretty sure you still have bits of feelings for me too.. I really learnt my lesson. I don't want to lose someone as amazing as you again.." he said in a sweet tone.

I almost fell for his trick. I broke from the trance and chuckled sarcastically, "How many times have you used that? Ha.. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bowl of cereal waiting for me.."
I spun around and walked toward the door. I tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. I tried to open it forcefully but it wasn't working. I knocked my head against the door in embarrassment. "So much for making a cool exit.." I thought to myself.

Luhan stood behind, laughing. I turned and made a shooing action, "Shoo! Buzz off! What are you still doing here?"
He bent over and picked up a spare key under the mat. "Same old Eunmi.." he smiled.
I bit my lip in frustration and nudged him in the chest with my elbow. "Stop thinking that you know me that well! Now scram! You.. You.. You piece of !"

I didn't know where the anger came from but it was probably because of the embarrassment earlier on. "We're all human. We'll end up as fertiliser anyway." he smirked.

I slammed the door in his face and stormed back into my room.
I cursed under my breath and jumped on the bed. My phone fell onto the floor. I sunk down to reach it and kissed it several times, "I'm so sorry baby. I didn't mean to.."
I clicked the button on my phone to see new messages.

How about another outing? ^^ - Xiumin

I smiled and giggled hysterically to my phone.

Sure! Why not? How about a movie? - Eunmi

My heart beat rapidly as I clicked the SEND button. I opened the other message and groaned.

Just so you know, I wasn't lying about what I said earlier.. I truly hope that you'd give me another chance. By the way, I left you something by your window(: - Luhan

My eyes widened with curiousity. I walked over to the window and saw a rose and a note, "Everyone makes mistakes, like this rose, I'm not perfect. I tend to hurt people, but please understand that I don't mean it. Love, Luhan"
I felt my heart dripping like ice cream. He put in lots of effort just to make things right. "He might be telling the truth about changing..." I thought.
Just then, my phone buzzed again.
 

Then it's a date! :) - Xiumin

I smiled at the text, but I wasn't overjoyed. I looked at the SNSD poster on my wall and said, "You don't face these kinds of complications, do you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hehe. -cues tomatoes- OTL

Please comment and tell me what you think ~_~ I need opinions ~ Gomawo!