Head over heels.

Exotic Bakery

 

"Miss? Uh.."

Kyung mi nudged me on my shoulders as I came to my senses. 

"Huh what?" I snapped.

"Do you want anything else?" he smiled sincerely. I died right inside. His smile was so precious. I felt the temperature rise up.

"Eun mi, are you ok? You're really red... Are you sick?" Kyung mi asked, touching my forehead.

I pushed her hand away, "Ya, I'm fine!"

The person in front of us laughed and introduced himself, "Haha, I'm Xiumin! And you girls are?"

Kyung Mi flung her arms around my shoulders and hugged me tight, "We are lovers! I'm Kyung mi and she's Eun mi! Nice to meet you!"

Xiumin's eyes widened with much surprise. To avoid further misunderstandings, I quickly interrupted, "She's just kidding. I'm her bestfriend! And wow, the people here are really friendly!" 

Xiumin giggled, " Yeah, we were taught to be super friendly. Customer service remember? But most of us are genuinely sociable!"

Kyung mi and I continued to stay in the bakery for the next two hours, talking to Xiumin, Suho and Baekhyun. They were such funny and friendly people. We became good friends in a snap. Just then, my phone rang. I slid my hands into my pocket to reach for my phone. 

"Yoboseyo?"

"YA! EUN MI, ARE YOU FORGETTING SOMETHING?!" 

"Oh my gosh! Mianhe unnie! I'm coming!!" I quickly hung up the phone and dashed out of the bakery.

I was running with all my remaining energy. In the midst of panting and running, I remembered that I didn't even say goodbye to any of them. They must think I'm rude now. Grrrr, dang it unnie. 

In front of me was a beautifully lit house, I charged forward and into the house. 

"Am I late?!" I shouted as I stepped into the house.

"SHUT UP AND HIDE HERE!! HE'S COMING!" unnie shouted from behind the sofa. I did as told and slowly catched my breath from all the running. 

*click* 

The door flung open as the two of us jumped out from behind the sofa, "SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPA!"

My jaw fell open, so did unnie's. Appa wasn't alone. He brought his friend home. I scratched the back of my head and nervously greeted his friend. Appa walked to us and gave us a hug, "Gomawo!" 

This wasn't what we planned, but appa appreciated it, so it seemed like all our hardwork paid off. Unnie went over to slice the cake as I gave it to appa and his friend. Unnie and I grabbed the cake and hid in the kitchen. We knew that our father didn't really like cake, so we ate the rest of it. 

"Mmmm! This cake is really nice! Where'd you get it?" I asked. 

"I got it at that Exotic Bakery or something like that.." 

I choked at her words as unnie quickly poured a glass of water for me. 

"Are you ok??"

"I'm... -cough- fine." 

Just then, there doorbell buzzed.

"You get it." unnie ordered.

I rolled my eyes, "Why is it always me?!"

"Can't you see I'm eating?" she argued.

I crossed my arms and walked to the door.

I opened the door to see the same beautiful smile figure that I seen earlier today.

"Oh hey! Eun mi, I didn't know you lived here!" he smiled.

"X-xiumin, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh hey!! You're here!" unnie screamed from behind.

Xiumin walked into the house, carrying different files and vanguard sheets. "You know each other?" I questioned them. I swear to god, my sister has never mentioned Xiumin's name once. She tells me everything. Even the smallest details. Maybe, I didn't pay attention. But... Whaaaat?

"He's my project buddy for Geography! Have you met him?" unnie smiled.

"Yeah, we met earlier at the bakery!" Xiumin flashed me an eye smile. I felt myself blushing so I looked to the ground to avoid eye contact.

"Umm, yeah, you guys better get started on your work. I'll be in my room if you need me!" I squeaked. 

As I walked away, I could hear their small talk. It went something like this:

"Your sister's pretty cute! Haha!"

"Yeah, well, I'm cuter. Let's just do this. We've only got a month!" 

"Hahaha, yeah. Alright, now what is the.."

After that, they started blabbering about geography which I clearly wasn't interested in.

I threw myself on my bed and face palmed. 

He just said that I was cute.

Me. 

I blushed furiously in my room, smiling to myself foolishly.

I was head over heels in love.