True Feelings

Exotic Bakery

The next morning, I sat in bed, looking at the time, "7.12am".

I had a month break before my last year of school begins. I rolled in bed and thought of activities to do on the first day of the holiday. After minutes of procrastination, I got up from bed and got ready for the day. By the time I was done, it was only 8.

I grabbed my sling bag and headed out. I took out my phone and gave Kyung Mi a call, "Yoboseyo?" 

"ngh.. Eun mi is that you? Why are you calling me this early?" she said in her scruffy morning voice. I suggested going out to the park or meeting at the nearby cafe for breakfast but she quickly rejected the offer and begged me to let her sleep for the rest of the day. I ended the call soon after calling her a pig.

Hmm... I guess I'll just have breakfast alone then..

I entered the packed cafe and managed to find a seat at the corner. I lifted the menu and buried my head inside. Going to places like these alone is always awkward. I called the waiter and placed my order. While waiting for the food to be served, I took out a piece of paper and pen and began doodling. 

"Nice drawing!" a familliar voice spoke. It was Xiumin.

"Can I join this beautiful lady for breakfast?" he asked. I laughed an nodded. He is such a sweet talker.

"You're alone?" I asked.

"Yeah, the other guys are heading to the bakery straight!" he buzzed, "So.. Why are you alone?" 

I scratched the back of my head and smiled, "Heh, all of my friends aren't free.."

He grabbed my pen and paper and scribbled something on the paper then returned it to me. "If you ever need somebody to hang out with, I'm just a phonecall away!" 

I flashed him a sweet smile and saved the number in my phone. My heart skipped several beats everytime he opened his mouth to talk to me. I managed to control my blushing, though. Thank goodness. 

After breakfast, we left the cafe together. Xiumin looked at me and asked, "Where are you going now?" 

"I don't know. Home, I guess.." I sighed.

He tapped his chin, then snapped his fingers, "You can come to the bakery to help out if you want!" 

My eyes twinkled at the idea, "That sounds like fun!". I followed his way to the bakery and went into the kitchen to see Suho, Baekhyun and another familiar figure. He turned around and my jaw fell open, "Luhan? What are you doing here?" 

He asked the same question to me. 

"You guys know each other?" Baekhyun added.

"Uh.. Yeah, sort of." I answered reluctantly, "Um. If he's gonna be in the kitchen, can I just tend the register?" 

Luhan rolled his eyes, "That desperate to avoid me huh?" 

I stuck my tongue out and left the kitchen. 

"Whoa.. Someone looks furious. What happened in there?" Xiumin asked while he was stacking the baguettes neatly.

"It's Luhan. That two timing, count jerkula." I flared. Xiumin laughed, "Yeah, that sounds like Luhan. I assume you and him were once an item?" 

I nodded in embarrassment. 
"He is the playboy amongst us after all. Don't get so worked up. I'm sure a nice girl like you will find someone worthy soon!" he winked.

I blushed and smiled, "Heh, thanks!" 

Just then, Xiumin's phone rang. He picked up the call and seemed happier than he usually did. The call finally ended. I asked, "What are you so happy about?"

"I've got a date with your sister tonight!" he stumbled excitedly.

My heart sank, just like titanic, "Oh."

I found it hard to speak, as if tears were trying to bust its way out of my eyes. I bit my tongue and grabbed my bag. 

"I just remembered that I have to go somewhere! Bye!" I forced a smile on my face and left the bakery. As I walked further away, I smacked myself in the head, "Of course. He likes unnie. I should just give up. I should just truthfully give them my blessings. Sigh."

My legs found its way to Kyung mi's house. I knocked on the door and pressed the doorbell several times. I heard a loud groan from inside the house. The door burst open and there stood Kyung mi, still in pajamas. I couldn't help but pour out my feelings the minute I saw her. Her sleepy eyes quickly opened and helped me into the house. She settled me on the sofa and hugged me tightly, "What happened? Who did this to my eun mi?" 

"I... I..." I sniffed, struggling to complete a sentence. /

"Is it Xiumin?" she questioned. I nodded my head. "I knew it... You have a thing for him right? But why are you crying? Does he have a girlfriend?" she continued. I swear, it's creepy that she knows me pretty well.

I shook my head, "Ani... He..Likes my unnie.. They've got a date tonight.." 

She comforted me and my head, "You fall too fast sweetie, that's why you get hurt the most in the end.." 

I realised that she was right. It was the same with Luhan. We were official for about a month or two, then he dumped me right before the eyes of his new girl. But it was slightly different this time, Xiumin and I didn't even start. It was just one sided love. 

"Wait.. Does your sister really like him? I mean, she just broke up with Kai right?" 

I sat up and wiped my tears away from my face. "Yeah, she still likes Kai... She told me she was gonna get back at him." I paused and face palmed, "oh no.."

Kyungmi quickly handed my phone and pressured me to call unnie to cancel the date.

"Unnie!"

"Yeah?" 

"You have a date with Xiumin tonight right?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Unnie, waeyo? Don't make use of him please!"

"Oh, so you guessed it huh? But I have to! Kai is gonna be at the party tonight and I need someone to help me make Kai jealous!" 

"That's so selfish! Have you ever considered what he thinks? Xiumin might actually like you, you know!"

"........"

"hello? Unnie, you there?" 

"Damn you for making me feel guilty. Fine, I'll cancel the date. Happy?"

"Yes! Kamsahamida! Bye!" 

I smiled and hung up the phone. Kyungmi raised her eyebrows. 

"Someone seems happy." she teased.

"I just really like him ok?" I admitted. 

"How about you ask him out next time?" kyung mi suggested. I stared at her, "Are you crazy? I can't do that. I'm a girl. It should be the other way round." 

Kyungmi slapped my head and yelled, "What generation are you living in?! It's perfectly fine for a girl to woo a guy!"

I looked at the carpet and pouted. 

Me? Try to woo a guy? 

That sounds like the world's greatest joke.