Chapter 23 - Just Have Fun

Personality Of A Rock.

 

*Sungmin has just told his parents he isn't moving back in after he finishes the year at UNI*
 
SD: Where will you live then? You're to take over the company.... You remember that now.
 
Sungmin: I'm aware of what you wish me to do. Whether I actually do it is another thing.
 
SM: What do you mean?
 
Sungmin: I don't plan on taking the easy road a simply taking over the business. I don't like the idea of that.
 
SM: I don't understand.
 
Kyuhyun: Let's go wash up. *nudges you, Laura and Zhoumi*
 
Sungmin: Aniyo, you stay. *holds you back*
 
You: You sure?
 
Sungmin: *nods and sets you down*
 
*Kyuhyun and teh others leave*
 
Sungmin: What I mean is I will eventually take over the company but before I do any of that... I wish to work my way from the bottom.
         I don't want to be handed anything. I want to work for something. That way I can feel like I've earnt what I've got. And I don't think
         I could face 'your name' if I just took over the company and did no work for it. That's not something I want.
 
SD: You haven't done no work. You've been studying for years, you've worked so hard.
 
SM: Why do you always make things difficult?
 
Sungmin: You don't have to like it but this is what I want.
 
SD: *takes a deep breath and stands up with his plate* As long as you take over the company eventually, you should do what makes you happy. 
    *walks off to take his plate to the kitchen*
 
SM: What?.... How can you just let him do this?
 
Sungmin: Can't you at least give me a chance. All my life I've done as you wished.... This time I honestly can't.
 
SM: *closes her eyes and sighs* Arasso.... 
 
Sungmin: You'll let me?
 
SM: You've been a good kid to your parents.... I guess you deserve this much at least.
 
Sungmin: *smiles and looks over to you*
 
You: *smile back in approval*
 
SM: What about 'your name' what're you going to do about her when you leave?
 
Sungmin: *looks over at you* It's up to her. If she stays or comes with me.... It's her decision.
 
SM: Well have you even talked to her about it?
 
Sungmin: Don't talk like she's not here.
 
SM: I didn't mean to.... I just... Well how do you feel about all this?
 
You: Well to be honest we haven't been together long... I agree with everything he's said so far. When the time comes I guess we'll make a 
     choice about living arrangements.
 
SM: Neh.... If he gives you any trouble you just call me. I'll put him in line.
 
You: *giggle* Arasso.
 
*Later on Sungmins parents leave*
 
Sungmin: They're a headache to be around sometimes.
 
You: Omo oppa how can you say something like that about your own parents.
 
Sungmin: You met them so surley you understand
 
You: I guess they can be a little controlling but you still love them right?
 
Sungmin: I suppose I don't hate them or anything... I just have nothing in common with them.
 
You: Well they seemed nice enough to me.
 
Sungmin: Neh, they're not nasty people or anything.
 
Zhoumi: So what're we going to do today?
 
Sungmin: Well if we go down to the lake we have a small boat.
 
Kyuhyun: What're we waiting for? Let's get ready and go down.
 
Sungmin: Well I'm happy staying up here. If you have a boating lisence and can drive one then by all means go ahead.
 
Kyuhyun: *frowns* You know none of us can drive a boat but you.
 
You: Oppa *tug cutely on his sleeve*
 
Sungmin: *turns to face you*
 
You: Can you please come? I really want to go out on the lake.
 
Sungmin: You really want to?
 
You: *nod cutely* Yes please.
 
Sungmin: *takes a deep breath and lets out a sigh* Arasso, you've all got ten minutes to get ready. I'm not waiting any longer than that.
 
Kyuhyun: Wahh, 'your name'~!
 
You: Neh?
 
Kyuhyun: How did you do that?
 
You: Do what exactly?
 
Kyuhyun: You know... Get hyung to agree...?
 
You: *giggle* I just asked nicely...
 
Kyuhyun: I did that too *pouts*
 
You: Aigo, my poor oppa *hugs Kyuhyun*
 
Sungmin: *watches over the two of you, slightly jealous*
 
Laura: *nudges Sungmin and whispers* Remember, they're just like siblings. 'your name' Doesn't like him that way in the slightest.
 
Sungmin: I know that. I just wish she'd act a bit more like that with me.
 
Laura: *giggles* Be more like Kyuhyun and joke around or have fun then she might.
 
Sungmin: Ehhh, just hurry up and get to the boat or I'll leave without you.
 
Laura: Arasso, arasso, I'm getting ready.
 
*Later down at the boat*
 
Laura: Where should I put the packed lunches?
 
Sungmin: How long do you plan on staying out?
 
Laura: A while *smiles*
 
You: It's okay isn't it?
 
Sungmin: Well.... I guess you can put the food and stuff in the cabin underneath.
 
You: *hug Sungmin* Thankyou oppa
 
Sungmin: *smiles*
 
*Later on the boat*
 
You: Oppa, are you okay?
 
Sungmin: I'm fine *gives you a reassuring smile*
 
You: You'll tell me if you're not right?
 
Sungmin: *kisses your forehead* Just have fun arasso?
 
You: Mmm, arasso... But you better tell me if something happens.
 
Sungmin: Aigo, we're almost at the spot that's nice to stop so you go and have some fun. *playfully smacks your but, telling you to run off and have a good time*
 
You: Oppa~ *whining*
 
Sungmin: *laughs as you run off to Laura with a pout on your face*
 
*Later you stop at a really pretty part of the lake*
 
You: *look over and see Sungmin is looking quite pale*
 
Laura: Shall we eat?
 
Zhoumi: *sets out the food*
 
Kyuhyun: *starts eating as soon as he sees food*
 
You: *sit close to Sungmin* Oppa...
 
Sungmin: What is it?
 
You: You're sick aren't you....?
 
Sungmin: Ani, i'm fine.
 
You: I'm not stupid or blind. I know you're not feeling well. Why would you agree to come when you're feeling like this?
 
Sungmin: You all looked so excited to be going out on the lake and when you asked I couldn't just say no... In any case, I feel fine.
 
You: Please don't lie to me. *look up at him with a worried expression and think to yourself 'He's so stubborn, he'll never admit to being sick. 
     I'll have to do something, I can't pretend as if everything is okay. He looks really sick.'*
 
*after lunch*
 
You: Unnie~
 
Laura: What's up sweetie?
 
You: Can we just go straight back? 
 
Laura: I thought you wanted to go further up stream like us?
 
You: I don't feel so good. I just want to go back. *thinking to yourself 'I feel so bad for lying to unnie but Sungmin is just to stubborn to tell the truth.'*
 
Laura: omo~ Sweetie, that's not good. I'll tel Sungmin to turn us back okay?
 
You: Neh~
 
Laura: You should go lie down in the cabin.
 
You: Arasso... *walk off and lie down in the cabin even though you really want to be up the top looking out at the water*
 
*Laura tells Sungmin*
 
Sungmin: She's sick?
 
Laura: Well that's what she said.... Poor thing. 
 
Sungmin: Zhoumi~!
 
Zhoumi: *walks up to the steering wheel*
 
Sungmin: Just keep the boat straight, I'll be right back.
 
Zhoumi: But how-
 
Sungmin: *Before Zhoumi could finish his sentence, Sungmin is out of site*
 
To Be Continued..... (: