Chapter 2: Sentenced

What Happens In Heaven?

*JUNG MO POV

After the kid’s recital, I received a call from Angel Michael. I knew I was in big trouble and I’m about to face my consequence. “Angel of Music, Kim Jung Mo. Do you know why you’re here?” he asked me in a very formal tone. I nodded. Hee Chul was there. He wanted to back me up but he couldn’t since he had done so much for me ever since. “You have been disappointing God. He wants us to help not to play with our duties. Do you know why you have become an Angel of Music?” he asked me again. “No.” I answered plainly. “Because He chose you. You are unique. He knows you are very much capable of being the Angel of Music but you failed Him. And you always sleep whenever you’re on duty. Do you think Rina will fail if you have not accidentally hit the wrong note?” he asked me again. It was like, sermon first before the consequence. It made things worse for me. “She might’ve passed. But, it was an accident. Why can’t I get another chance?” I asked him. “You had your fair share of chances. And today is your limit. I regret to read your sentence.” He told me. I looked down. “Please read it now.” I said trying to fight the urge of answering back to him in a rude way. “Angel of Music, Kim Jung Mo: You are hereby sentenced to be human and stripped off of your powers and you shall only come back here in heaven once you have found your powers as well as your wings back. This sentence shall be effective today.” He said. My eyes widened in shock. I looked at him and looked at Hee Chul who was also looking shocked because of the sentence. And before I knew it, I felt like falling down from a very high place. Wherever I’m going now, I guess it’s my entire fault but still it wasn’t at all fair. I’m back to being human again.

*IN YOUNG POV

It’s dark today. I decided to bring an umbrella since it looked like the rain would fall down anytime. I went out my apartment and headed school. It was again, another normal day. “In Young!” my classmates greeted me as I was walking on my way inside the school. I smiled. I’m Moon In-Young. My parents died in a car accident 2 years ago and I don’t believe in angels but I believe in God. If there were really angels, they could have saved my parents. As I was on my way to our classroom, I passed by the unused music room that was near our classroom. Something shiny inside the room caught my eyes. I went closer but I saw nothing inside, just pure darkness and a guitar at the middle of the room. I began to feel creepy. One of the stories about the unused music room was because a student died there. He was one of the best music students in the whole school before my time and he used to teach guitar lessons there for free but then because of a terrible accident, he died. The janitors used to tell us that they could still hear his guitar whenever they make rounds in our building at night. I was skeptic but I also don’t want to see or encounter any of those kinds of things. I was afraid and so I decide to head to our room without looking back.

*JUNG MO POV

Where am I? I looked around and realized that I was where I had my accident before. It was in front of an apartment. Someone forgot to bring in the milk bottles and because I was busy listening to my music player, I slipped and fell from the stairs. I looked around and saw that nothing changed. I decide to head to my school. As I was walking, I bumped onto a man. I fell over but he just continued walking like I wasn’t even there. I thought I was human? What was happening?!

*IN YOUNG POV

Our class is nearly finished when the rain began to pour down heavily drowning my teacher’s voice. Because of that, he decides to call it a day. Everyone had already left except for me since I was in charge of cleaning our room that day.

*JUNG MO POV

I was soaking wet because of the heavy rain but why did the man not see me when he bumped into me earlier? I headed to the music room, the place where I can be at peace.

*IN YOUNG POV

I went out our classroom and as I passed the music room, it was open and there were wet prints like someone just took a bath and entered inside without wiping his body. I began to feel creepy again. I was about to go when I slipped and saw something glitter as on the corner of my eyes. “Ouch…” I said trying to focus on the glittering thing I saw.

*JUNG MO POV

I heard a loud thud as I entered the music room. I saw a girl who fell because of my wet tracks. I’m sorry for her but what caught my attention was a silver pendant that was shaped like a G-Clef and it had a green gem on the middle. I felt really strange. Could that be my powers?

*IN YOUNG POV

I saw a silver pendant that was shaped like a G-Clef and it had a green gem on the middle beside me. As soon as I touched the pendant, I felt electrocuted in a different way. I hesitated but began to pick it up. The moment I stood up and faced the music room, I saw someone inside looking at me. It was a guy. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed. And the next thing I saw was darkness and I felt my head hit something hard.